Sack cocu

dantheram

I think cocu and co deserve credit for almost overnight turning us from a defensive shambles into a tight defensive unit.
we have only conceded 5 in 6 games since the blackburn defeat. We might have had a bit of good fortune with teams hitting the woodwork but nevertheless that provides a good foundation.

however, on the other hand, We are the only team in the league not to win a single game in the last 5.

we have only scored 4 goals in the last 6 and all goals were directly or indirectly the result of free kicks. We now have to find a way to be a braver, offer more attacking threat, and turn draws into wins. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the rumours of a take over are to be true , and successful  the new owners will want to employ their own man and possibly rid the entire staff .

Reference  Cocu  he as had alot to put up with since the start of his tenure at Derby and more recently  the Rooney and the watch scinario ( which to me beggars  belief  )  let's look at our fixtures so far 

Reading H ...shambles 

Luton A  .. conceded  a late goal  after making a debacle  of trying to make a substitution 

Blackburn H .... have a great chance to score after 10 mins .... 3 mins later 3 - 0 down 

Norwich A ... out played , very defensive  , Pukki  misses a pen ...we score a great free kick in 88th minute , smash and grab  but a nice 3 points 

Watford H ... nothing between them  a late wonder strike wins it . ...Rooney then misses a sitter to equalize 

Huddesfield  A ....Dominate first half  without success , 2nd half  concede  a goal  HUDDESFEILD shut shop 

Red Dogs A ... should and could have been out of sight via h/t ... 2nd half concede a sloppy and debated equaliser  ...I won't even remark about the last 10 mins of that game 

Cardiff H .. Dominate play in first half  yet again should have been out of sight ...2nd half  still not to bad ..then decide to sit back and invite Cardiff on ..yet again concede  a late sloppy goal 

Bournemouth  A  .... score early  Bournemouth  offer nothing in first half YET AGAIN WE CANT GET THAT ELUSIVE  SECOND GOAL ... 2nd half  backs to the wall time ...yet again concede  a sloppy late goal... Buchanan is unlucky with late chance as it hits someone on the line  in the face or arm YOU DECIDE ...!!! 

it's easy to blame Cocu for his inability  to make the right changes at the right time  hindsight  is a wonderful  word to hide behind .

Is Cocu to blame  are the players to blame  answers on a post card to 

Mel Morris and or Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan 

6 hours ago, Ruda Harliss said:

Nobody is building BIelik up to be something he is not.

He is a player worthy of international duty, Arsenal friends of mine were gutted he was sold not loaned out. He can play CB or CDM so a system can be changed with him still on the pitch.

He was one of. Three players mentioned (I think) in my post that are out through fiitness/injury problems that, I think could possibly improve the  team.

At no point did I suggest he could Just walk straight in and replace Shinnie or knight. We are however a stronger squad with him fit ( as well as the other two players mentioned in my post l??!) 

We’ve not seen the best of this fella yet, he’s not really had a chance to impress, so I’m not really sure what your issue is tbh?

Im not saying specifically yourself, there appears to be a general consensus on here that all our problems will suddenly go away on his return 

it’s classic fans view he gets better Cos he’s been out on the sidelines syndrome 

9 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

The bottom line is the new owners will want a manager who can win games, and can go into any Championship game, with a high chance of getting a result. I’m afraid with this style of play, and parking the bus as soon as we go 1-0 up, won’t be attractive to our new Chairman.

Couple of people have laughed at this comment but it totally bang on

chaiman don’t come in, throw millions and millions of money at a project to watch that money and investment eek out an attritional 1-0 home win against Barnsley 

it’s a cold hard fact that Derby fans should be as aware of as anyone as we’re as guilty as anyone, when the money starts getting spunked around people’s expectations of results performances and style increase exponentially 

8 hours ago, nottingram said:

They pegged us back and got equalisers after we had pegged them back and scored first. Sometimes that’s just how it works. 

It's almost as if we are playing an opposition who also want to win the game isn't it!

6 minutes ago, Carnero said:

It's almost as if we are playing an opposition who also want to win the game isn't it!

Why does it continually seem the opposition do it better than us Though lol

I never feel like we’re going to score no matter how much of the ball we have ... yet they have it for 30 seconds and it feels they could score at any given moment ? 

oh I know ... years of watching Derby county lol 

all this talk of getting rid.

as it stands we cant afford to.

If the take over happens he will be gone in days in fact I sure the new man is already in the know and is looking at players he as and wants in jan.

I think we will be taken over Mel wants and need this ( Percy has spoken) and the new team in will be in 

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

I think cocu and co deserve credit for almost overnight turning us from a defensive shambles into a tight defensive unit.
we have only conceded 5 in 6 games since the blackburn defeat. We might have had a bit of good fortune with teams hitting the woodwork but nevertheless that provides a good foundation.

however, on the other hand, We are the only team in the league not to win a single game in the last 5.

we have only scored 4 goals in the last 6 and all goals were directly or indirectly the result of free kicks. We now have to find a way to be a braver, offer more attacking threat, and turn draws into wins. 

It seems to be down to bad decisions up front at the moment rather than bravery esp from Waghorn and Lawrence. I think the team has benefitted hugely from their return and we have missed them.  But for example yesterday lawrence always seemed to chose to run diagonally across into trouble rather than into space. Neither seem to see the more obvious person to pass to at the moment. Is this confidence or something that just cant be taught by the coaching team? If it can you would have thought that england's top goal scorer could help with it? If not must be so frustrating for Cocu esp as his job is at stake.   It is the issue at the mo as we had chances when on top last 2 games to make it 2-0 and if we had got 6 points pressure would be eased hugely. 

1 minute ago, CBRammette said:

It seems to be down to bad decisions up front at the moment rather than bravery esp from Waghorn and Lawrence. I think the team has benefitted hugely from their return and we have missed them.  But for example yesterday lawrence always seemed to chose to run diagonally across into trouble rather than into space. Neither seem to see the more obvious person to pass to at the moment. Is this confidence or something that just cant be taught by the coaching team? If it can you would have thought that england's top goal scorer could help with it? If not must be so frustrating for Cocu esp as his job is at stake.   It is the issue at the mo as we had chances when on top last 2 games to make it 2-0 and if we had got 6 points pressure would be eased hugely. 

You write as though these failings from Waghorn and Lawrence ( both of whom have some strengths and can be valuable players) were unknown to us and to Cocu and his management team. Yet Cocu et al have allowed Martin to leave without proper replacement. Martin, the player who could hold the ball, was aware of other players  and make assists  - remember his interplay with Sibley ? (Why does Sibley seem less effective at the moment - he can hold the ball and go past others but lacks who have the skill to utilise this .) 

Kazim Richards is not the same as Martin but he is being unused by Cocu as well. He should have been used yesterday.

Cocu will reap what he has sown  ...... his sterile defensive approach is not the Derby way.

Sometimes in football a little four letter word plays a BIG part in shaping the future of a club,a season, a manager,a player and that word is is LUCK.

If's its with you can win Championship's and World Cup's when its against you it's Relegation and the sack. 

That is not to say one completely has no control over one's destiny you have but that indeterminate factor that's out of everyone's hands does hold sway at critical times. 

When however you 'trapped' in a supposed malice of a downward spiral there are only 2 ways to go either carry on with your well held beliefs and ultimately accept your fate. (With most managers tend to do).

Or take a more pragmatic approach and open your mind to the fact things are not working/or your doing something not quite right. Try to find and implement new solutions to solve your problem (easier said than done when dealing with human beings but possible).

I think Mr Cocu is rapid coming to the stage where he has a decision to make.

Which way he is going to go stick or twist.

(It maybe be the case with a 'possible' takeover in the offing this decision will be taken out of his hands if he doesn't act quickly).

3 hours ago, neil62uk said:

If the rumours of a take over are to be true , and successful  the new owners will want to employ their own man and possibly rid the entire staff .

Reference  Cocu  he as had alot to put up with since the start of his tenure at Derby and more recently  the Rooney and the watch scinario ( which to me beggars  belief  )  let's look at our fixtures so far 

Reading H ...shambles 

Luton A  .. conceded  a late goal  after making a debacle  of trying to make a substitution 

Blackburn H .... have a great chance to score after 10 mins .... 3 mins later 3 - 0 down 

Norwich A ... out played , very defensive  , Pukki  misses a pen ...we score a great free kick in 88th minute , smash and grab  but a nice 3 points 

Watford H ... nothing between them  a late wonder strike wins it . ...Rooney then misses a sitter to equalize 

Huddesfield  A ....Dominate first half  without success , 2nd half  concede  a goal  HUDDESFEILD shut shop 

Red Dogs A ... should and could have been out of sight via h/t ... 2nd half concede a sloppy and debated equaliser  ...I won't even remark about the last 10 mins of that game 

Cardiff H .. Dominate play in first half  yet again should have been out of sight ...2nd half  still not to bad ..then decide to sit back and invite Cardiff on ..yet again concede  a late sloppy goal 

Bournemouth  A  .... score early  Bournemouth  offer nothing in first half YET AGAIN WE CANT GET THAT ELUSIVE  SECOND GOAL ... 2nd half  backs to the wall time ...yet again concede  a sloppy late goal... Buchanan is unlucky with late chance as it hits someone on the line  in the face or arm YOU DECIDE ...!!! 

it's easy to blame Cocu for his inability  to make the right changes at the right time  hindsight  is a wonderful  word to hide behind .

Lack of quality in the final third has let us down all season long, the writing was on the wall after the restart. 

3 hours ago, neil62uk said:

Reading H ...shambles 

Not really hindsight though when half the forum are calling for Sibley on 62 minutes to replace a clearly knackered Waghorn / Lawrence. Cocu: Widsom on for Dutschmike. 

It’s been the same pattern in 5 games now. A point a game average is not going to cut it and we are punching below our weight. Why bother having a striker on the bench if you’re never going to use him? Why have a midfield dynamo on the bench like Sibley - a real game-changer - if you ain’t going to use him? 
I wonder if amongst the crowd of coaches on Derby’s bench a sort of Groupthink mentality has arisen? 

7DC5DE5C-ACCD-42CF-BD81-C3DB7AA4F1A7.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Not really hindsight though when half the forum are calling for Sibley on 62 minutes to replace a clearly knackered Waghorn / Lawrence. Cocu: Widsom on for Dutschmike. 

It’s been the same pattern in 5 games now. A point a game average is not going to cut it and we are punching below our weight. Why bother having a striker on the bench if you’re never going to use him? Why have a midfield dynamo on the bench like Sibley - a real game-changer - if you ain’t going to use him? 
I wonder if amongst the crowd of coaches on Derby’s bench a sort of Groupthink mentality has arisen? 

7DC5DE5C-ACCD-42CF-BD81-C3DB7AA4F1A7.jpeg

Once again another load of crap 

9 hours ago, Dean Saunder’s hat trick said:

Where’s the thumbs down ? button?

That's how it is today , if you expect a manager to have mediocre or even terrible results and last along time thats not likely in today's game, even if we were just stable top 10 eventually after another year that wouldn't be enough. Personally I'm not bothered by that, plenty examples of a manager walking in such as at Reading this season and Stoke last year and having an overnight big impact, Mclaren had a similar huge impact both times he came in. There's potential for us to improve alot under Cocu, but I can't ever see myself being that happy as I can't see us going up with him in charge and the football is probably the worst I've ever seen and will never be great. 

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

What? You mean to say Cocu doesn’t just tell them to defend on the 18 yard line the minute we go ahead? 

Bet Jason Tindall couldn’t believe his luck yesterday when Cocu shouted over to Waghorn and Lawrence that he wanted them to make lazy decisions on the ball and stop pressing off it. 

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

That's how it is today , if you expect a manager to have mediocre or even terrible results and last along time thats not likely in today's game, even if we were just stable top 10 eventually after another year t hat wouldn't be enough. Personally I'm not bothered by that, plenty examples of a manager walking in such as at Reading and having an overnight big impact Mclaren had a similar huge impact both times he came in. There's potential for us to improve alot under Cocu, but I can't ever see myself being that happy as I can't see us going up with him in charge and the football is probably the worst I've ever seen. 

I can’t see us going up ever anyway. 

Archived