Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Agreed and Mel has always backed his managers in terms of Kerri g them have what they want....as such I think cocu has had a hand in this sadly and it could help to lead to his downfall,saving on a ha path of that and allowing our ship to sink as a result.

Let's hope not.

I hope not, but I only see a ship that’s sinking. If someone can convince me otherwise I’d be happy 

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Well he utilised last season's piss weak squad without any threat from wide areas to a tenth place finish, so...

If it wasn't for Rooneys influence post Christmas and Martins goals we would have been languishing in the lower reaches of the league, Rooneys not playing as well now and we've lost Martin with no replacement so that's a big hit to the squad. Before Rooney came in it was looking like we could be going down or atleast finishing bottom half, he revatilised the club and we were on a real high after that. I just see us loosing more and more until our confidence is so low that by the time players come back it won't matter as the team around them will be dysfunctional, can't see us picking up more than a point next few weeks. 

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

If prefer it if you quoted my edited version,that one looks like I have a cse grade 4 in English language,instead of just using a kindle tablet with a poo keyboard ?

I understand it, it’s drunk language ? we need it after that ? 

9 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Tbf NotOwen (didn't catch his name, OB had a night off for his birthday) & 'Shinner' said the same about the penalties (NotPenalties) on RamsTV

I didn't necessarily agree with them, but just pointing it out.

Really?!? I honestly didn’t think either fell into the handball rules, thought both were trying to pull their arms away and weren’t in unnatural positions.

Bloody Ramstv showing me up!

It was ok.

they didn’t cause us too many problems

typical championship game of narrow margins

....if holmes had passed

....if Rooney had hit the target

.....if lawrence hadn’t shot straight at the keeper

bloody good goal though. A bit of a Brazilian snatch job. 

18 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Jesus dude. What you are doing is the opposite of using common sense. Common sense is realising that there are some things he can't or won't say on the radio even if questioned directly. Please don't be so naive - people can and do lie. Sorry but this isn't some make believe world where everyone is whiter than white.

In your original question you implied that Mel can't possibly have lied on the radio, which is of course preposterous. We have no facts and we have very little information regarding the future of our manager. One little interview tells you nothing and certainly doesn't allow you to make "sensible conclusions".

Please don't be so condescending?

There's a vast difference between making cast iron statements of what will and won't happen and and avoiding answering the question, or giving politicians answers.

I didn't imply a bloody thing, I asked whether he thought Mel was telling a massive lie. He could easily have replied himself saying "no, but I do not totally believe him" and given the reasons why.

I wasn't making conclusions based entirely on one interview either, that wouldn't be sensible I agree, I was making it based on multiple factors.

Some people just want drama, drama , drama everywhere they look, and if they can't see any they make some.

Read back the Rooney/Gregory thread and tell me how many posters actually come out of it with their dignity intact?

That thread was absolutely rife with people twisting every little thing they could find into a way of making a story in The Sun (of all bloody places) into a factual article. Those are the people I'm thinking of with the laughing emoji.

1 minute ago, Patrick Rams said:

Well after watching that I've come to one conclusion...Holmes will never be a footballer for Derby County...there I've said it.. It'll carry on the way it was tonight for a year or so then he'll sign for Barnsley on a free.Why prolong the agony?

He’s probably not fit and is doing us a  favour by playing for 60-70 minutes.
this hip, groin, muscle, leg thing 

I felt really down after tonight; thinking where the next goal is coming from?? Whenever I get to this point, I think about my first season watching Derby (1983): ageing McFarland, Gemmill, Powell, Dave Watson, that Burns bloke and crying as Plymouth beat us at home in the FA Cup and potentially being wound-up in court the next day. 

It’s not that bad. We’ve got some young inexperienced players and we might even get relegated but it won’t be 1983. After that relegation, we got a cool new kit, Trevor Christie’s penalty, double promotions, Wright, Saunders and eventually Igor, Biano, Eranio, Asanovic, new stadium and some amazing times. 

A bit down hill since then but, I stress, looking back on my first season ticket: it’s not 1983 bad (yet).

10 minutes ago, Loftyhites said:

I felt really down after tonight; thinking where the next goal is coming from?? Whenever I get to this point, I think about my first season watching Derby (1983): ageing McFarland, Gemmill, Powell, Dave Watson, that Burns bloke and crying as Plymouth beat us at home in the FA Cup and potentially being wound-up in court the next day. 

It’s not that bad. We’ve got some young inexperienced players and we might even get relegated but it won’t be 1983. After that relegation, we got a cool new kit, Trevor Christie’s penalty, double promotions, Wright, Saunders and eventually Igor, Biano, Eranio, Asanovic, new stadium and some amazing times. 

A bit down hill since then but, I stress, looking back on my first season ticket: it’s not 1983 bad (yet).

Five matches until we have played the wait until we have played ten matches hurdle. Out of the last ten Championship games we have won two and lost eight so six points from thirty. Relegation sequence. We have half a team to return but we are likely to be in the bottom three and twelve points adrift by tomorrow. COYR 

10 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Five matches until we have played the wait until we have played ten matches hurdle. Out of the last ten Championship games we have won two and lost eight so six points from thirty. Relegation sequence. We have half a team to return but we are likely to be in the bottom three and twelve points adrift by tomorrow. COYR 

12 points adrift of what? I’d look at safety you’re looking a champions?? Get our ambitions lined up with our capabilities.

28 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Please don't be so condescending?

There's a vast difference between making cast iron statements of what will and won't happen and and avoiding answering the question, or giving politicians answers.

I didn't imply a bloody thing, I asked whether he thought Mel was telling a massive lie. He could easily have replied himself saying "no, but I do not totally believe him" and given the reasons why.

I wasn't making conclusions based entirely on one interview either, that wouldn't be sensible I agree, I was making it based on multiple factors.

Some people just want drama, drama , drama everywhere they look, and if they can't see any they make some.

Read back the Rooney/Gregory thread and tell me how many posters actually come out of it with their dignity intact?

That thread was absolutely rife with people twisting every little thing they could find into a way of making a story in The Sun (of all bloody places) into a factual article. Those are the people I'm thinking of with the laughing emoji.

@GenBr has saved me a post and put into words far more succinctly than I could have managed.

In a nutshell it's irrelevant whether I think Morris was lying or not the salient point is he's not daft or unprofessional enough to start sharing this information if he was with radio stations. 

If you don't think that people say one thing then act differently then you're very naive which I dont believe you are. 

1 hour ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

I don't care about Watford. What does that have to do with it? 

My argument wasn't that Watford were great. Their manager seems to set them up to win 1-0. They might have problems with that further down the line, but again...I don't care about Watford.

I don’t care about Watford either and  I I don’t recall having an argument with you or anyone About this.  My view on the match was that we looked the better team. 

1 hour ago, IlsonDerby said:

Some fans need to get a grip... we weren’t amazing but we did enough for a point there. 

They had 1 shot on target and scored it. We had one decent chance and fluffed it. We’re missing arguably 3 first team starting attackers ffs. 

Put Waghorn, Jozwiak and Lawrence in that starting 11 and there’s more going on up top. 

Some fans need to realise that we need to score more goals. Yes there was some good team play this evening but will the players who are to come back / start for the first time be able to make a difference in  our ability to score goals? Don't think so.

58 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If it wasn't for Rooneys influence post Christmas and Martins goals we would have been languishing in the lower reaches of the league, Rooneys not playing as well now and we've lost Martin with no replacement so that's a big hit to the squad. Before Rooney came in it was looking like we could be going down or atleast finishing bottom half, he revatilised the club and we were on a real high after that. I just see us loosing more and more until our confidence is so low that by the time players come back it won't matter as the team around them will be dysfunctional, can't see us picking up more than a point next few weeks. 

Martin didn't just score goals ....... 

Archived