Derby County Vs Watford

Millenniumram

I thought that was hard lines to be honest, didn’t deserve to win but the work rate was there which was missing in other losses prior to Norwich. Agree with the comments about being better when we get our attacking players fit. Whilst there is lots of disagreement on here wether we keep our confidence in Cocu, the worry for me is if the squad start to doubt him. Not saying I think this its the case but I’d imagine it’s easy to get into that negative mindset and It’s human nature to blame someone else,  especially your boss. I hope that doesn’t happen because whatever anyone thinks of Cocu he is up there in terms of having a poor hand to play as far as Derby managers are concerned. 

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticeable improvements all over the pitch tonight.

Passing was sharper and we moved it around very cleanly at times.

Rooney looked match fit for the first time since March. Actually managed to put himself about a bit, obviously missed our best chance but was unlucky to not get the bounce a few times

Buchanan hugely improved the last couple of games. Really suits LWB, if we do revert to four at the back then you’d hope he’d be more confident for this time at wing back. Byrne is also as advertised on the other flank, one of our craftiest signings of the past decade.

Knight continues to improve and plays out of his skin wherever he is on the pitch. All this talk of his best position, I think he’ll perform wherever you put him. Elite mentality as well, an aggressive competitor and passionate.

Lawrence improved us as soon as he came on, shows you just how much of a miss he is. Jozwiak, Lawrence and Ibe will all be so important to this team, we need pace and direction so badly.

Time and patience required, I fancy us to beat Forest. This team and manager will come good, I’m sure of it.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't know about that,I really dont...he made it clear he wanted Martin to stay.

But.....had he been involved in setting a wages limit of length of contract he could have?

If he was,then it's his fault as well as mels (dependant on the budget available)

I’d have thought the manger had a say in the players he wanted to take us forward 

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

This the Wycombe who haven't scored a league goal this season?

Yes and they are probably gutted and abit embarrassed for it, we aren't much better than them in current form and performances. We laugh at Forest yet we are just as poo as them, if we don't pick up a point against Huddersfield I think we are in really trouble of being in a relegation dog fight before you know it. 

Just now, jcidaho said:

Can't be easy for the squad when the player that scored our only open play goal has been shipped out, with no viable replacement. It's outrageous.

Are you secretly Jack Marriott? He scored a singular goal against Luton, he was hardly knocking them in for fun. I doubt the squad care. 

32 minutes ago, Coconut said:

It isn't treating it as gospel, it's using common sense and critical thought to come to a sensible conclusion based on the as full a picture of events as we can know

Christ, some people ?

Jesus dude. What you are doing is the opposite of using common sense. Common sense is realising that there are some things he can't or won't say on the radio even if questioned directly. Please don't be so naive - people can and do lie. Sorry but this isn't some make believe world where everyone is whiter than white.

In your original question you implied that Mel can't possibly have lied on the radio, which is of course preposterous. We have no facts and we have very little information regarding the future of our manager. One little interview tells you nothing and certainly doesn't allow you to make "sensible conclusions".

15 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Cocus a ducking clown had enough of him now, if we finish higher than 15th this season it will be a miracle.  He makes Garry Rowett look like ducking Guardiola, we can't create anything. 2 goals in 5 games 2 ducking goals, Wycombe would be embarrassed with that. 

If only we had players coming back to improve us. Like nearly half a side all in attacking areas. 

4 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Everything you need to know is in how the two penalty shouts were viewed. Pretty identical but the commentators could twist the narrative to one being a penalty (Watford) and another not (Derby). 

I don’t want to be pro RamsTV, but sometimes Sky Sports is a hard watch. They seem immune to the idea a game can just be ok with two teams cancelling each other out 

Tbf NotOwen (didn't catch his name, OB had a night off for his birthday) & 'Shinner' said the same about the penalties (NotPenalties) on RamsTV

I didn't necessarily agree with them, but just pointing it out.

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

To be honest after the Rooney / Gregory story I think it’s very difficult for Cocu. 

I think Watford have a better squad than Derby and we have not recruited the Forward players we require in the window. 

It’s not too late for Cocu but he’s running out of time I suspect .

I wanted him to stay because continuity is important but the pressure is almost too much for him I believe.

I hope he gets time from MM but the Chairman is the man with the money not me so ultimately it will be his decisions that count. 

I agree with most of that except I don’t think Watford had any stellar stars playing for them tonight, although to be fair I hadn’t heard of any of them.

Like you I really want continuity but I am at the point where I don’t really know what Cocu is trying to achieve. 

To be honest, if what I am hearing is correct, we are in for a grim few years. Only an inspirational manager is going to get us out of this division and I don’t think Cocu is it, unfortunately. 

Just now, GenBr said:

Jesus dude. What you are doing is the opposite of using common sense. Common sense is realising that there are some things he can't or won't say on the radio even if questioned directly. Please don't be so naive - people can and do lie. Sorry but this isn't some make believe world where everyone is whiter than white.

In your original question you implied that Mel can't possibly have lied on the radio, which is of course preposterous. We have no facts and we have very little information regarding the future of our manager. One little interview tells you nothing and certainly doesn't allow you to make "sensible conclusions".

Why would Mel even go on the radio if he was considering sacking Cocu? Surely he'd just not bother going on and therefore wouldn't say anything. By coming out and saying what he said, it means Cocu almost certainly has some time. 

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’d have thought the manger had a say in the players he wanted to take us forward 

Agreed and Mel has always backed his managers in terms of giving them have what they want and need to succeed....as such I think cocu has had a hand in this sadly and it could help to lead to his downfall,saving on a ha path of tar and allowing our ship to sink as a result.

Let's hope not.

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

You know how budgets work, right?

You make compromises when money is tight. And money IS tight.

Particularly if the budget is set at Last year - £ms, and in the contract world of football you can't even do the old management trick of a redundancy exercise. 

I suspect the Martin amount available was pretty much a diktat. 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

Are you secretly Jack Marriott? He scored a singular goal against Luton, he was hardly knocking them in for fun. I doubt the squad care. 

I'm not Marriott sadly, but I liked him. Figure I'm possibly in a minority now with that view, but I'm gobsmacked that we deemed him surplus to current requirements. Not like we have rich pickings.

Just now, jcidaho said:

I'm not Marriott sadly, but I liked him. Figure I'm possibly in a minority now with that view, but I'm gobsmacked that we deemed him surplus to current requirements. Not like we have rich pickings.

He's a striker who offers little in all round play but also doesn't score many goals. Doesn't break my heart to see him go. 

Archived