Keinan Davis

CornwallRam

22 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I'd be pretty happy with Davies, probably even more so than Austin. Too many folk on here just seem to assess forwards on a single rather dubious metric - goals vs games played. Even that metric is skewed as minutes played offers a far more accurate picture. As others have stated, Davies also has other qualities that he brings which seem very much in keeping with our ideal striker.

Keinan also seems to address my one concern with Austin which would be that he was never really been that quick. Davies has some pace and the fact that he is so highly-rated at Villa (offered and accepted new contract immediately before being offered for loan) is a tip in itself. They seem upwardly mobile and if they see a significant future at Villa then perhaps we should accept the hint. Villa fans seem to rate Davies too and we know how moany they can get. I'd also venture that he would be on a lot less money than Austin too. 

Time will tell....just doesn’t excite me ?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We have a striker in Marriott who doesn’t score in the system we play and what I have seen of Davis he seems a proper handful but I would always want to be able to sign players cheaply enough if they do well and not just build them a platform to be unaffordable 

Completely agree with this post.

This is the main problem with the loan system.  

Not sure why but I have a feeling about Davis and whilst I thought Austin was quality a few years ago he’s now on the down curve.

We’ve had some duds on loan in the past who am in still in therapy over (Stern Clucking John for one, awful, truly horrendous, who sanctioned this deal, we need a root and branch investigation over this one - more medicine nurse !!)

Time will tell,

Regards

Gangway D from the terrace

Much rather get Austin personally. Our group needs experience and Austin is a real handful for defenders in this division. Guarantees goals as well. 

Not too sure why Kuqi is being lauded all of a sudden. We achieved absolutely nothing with that group of players apart from a 5 game win streak. I seem to remember us going 10 games unbeaten at the start of one year only for the rest of the season to be a rate struggle! 

Let's face it no one actually knows what the guys going to be like if and when he starts. 

So basically it could be another dud and has us in no better position than we were before which means another wasted few months up to January or could be the force to galvanise our team. Given our current league position the first scenario is the one which concerns me the most. 

I'm not sure we need a prolific goal scorer. Anyone playing up front in a reasonably successful team is going to get 7 or 8 in the season. If we can get Marriott firing, he could contribute a similar figure coming off the bench against tired defenders. With Ibe, Jozwiak, Lawrence, Sibley and Waghorn we should have enough goals, as long as some one can do the back to goal job to bring them into play. So I do think with the squad we've got, the striker's ability to bring other players into the game is more important than his finishing ability. 

I think that Austin could do a job. He's a good player and he might be able to change the way he plays to fit the system and score a few more goals. He might see it as the way to prolong  his career. Austin is a big improvement on nothing, but I think that Davis appears to be the better option.

10 hours ago, Jram said:

Saw an interview with jack Grealish and said Davies is the strongest player he’s ever played with 

Interviewer suggested Tyrone Mings and he scoffed and said Davies is way stronger 

Obviously he might still be terrible at football ?

Villa probably designed him in a lab using Terry's brain and all those players from 15/16 and 16/17  when they ran out of cash.

frankensteins_monster_boris_karloff.jpg

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Neither did Kuqi excite me when he was brought in but sometimes a signing works when you least expect it.

Exactly. If he just clicks Upfront with some, one or all of marriott, waghorn, the new wingers, the youngsters, whoever will be better than current proposition. I wasnt excited by he who must not be named's signing and that worked out ok

5 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

I'd be pretty happy with Davies, probably even more so than Austin. Too many folk on here just seem to assess forwards on a single rather dubious metric - goals vs games played. Even that metric is skewed as minutes played offers a far more accurate picture. As others have stated, Davies also has other qualities that he brings which seem very much in keeping with our ideal striker.

Keinan also seems to address my one concern with Austin which would be that he was never really been that quick. Davies has some pace and the fact that he is so highly-rated at Villa (offered and accepted new contract immediately before being offered for loan) is a tip in itself. They seem upwardly mobile and if they see a significant future at Villa then perhaps we should accept the hint. Villa fans seem to rate Davies too and we know how moany they can get. I'd also venture that he would be on a lot less money than Austin too. 

Davis is the striker we need, and I will die on this hill. With Austin up front we’d continue to create few chances for him to actually score, and even only paying a percentage of his wages, it’s going to be expensive.

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Exactly. If he just clicks Upfront with some, one or all of marriott, waghorn, the new wingers, the youngsters, whoever will be better than current proposition. I wasnt excited by he who must not be named's signing and that worked out ok

It’s ok. Shefki's name has been mentioned a few times 

9 minutes ago, Richard246 said:

Davies for  me.

I agree, Richard246, the more I read about Charlie Austin, the more I don't want him near our club.  Davis is the better option for the way PC wants to play I think.

I think it's a huge risk signing forwards who don't score goals, especially when we've lost so many goals from the squad. And in the unlikely event he starts scoring, what we're mainly doing is boosting Villa's bank balance.

If it were possible (it's probably not) I'd offer Leicester a deal where we guarantee to buy Slimani for some fixed sum if he plays more than 20 games for us and we get promoted. Could do a similar arrangement with Liverpool and Harry Wilson. All of a sudden we have an extra 30+ goals in the team.

28 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I think it's a huge risk signing forwards who don't score goals, especially when we've lost so many goals from the squad. And in the unlikely event he starts scoring, what we're mainly doing is boosting Villa's bank balance.

If it were possible (it's probably not) I'd offer Leicester a deal where we guarantee to buy Slimani for some fixed sum if he plays more than 20 games for us and we get promoted. Could do a similar arrangement with Liverpool and Harry Wilson. All of a sudden we have an extra 30+ goals in the team.

Thought I read Slimani wants to fight for his place....

Archived