Keinan Davis

CornwallRam

2 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

Not too sure it is relevant. Other than if the striker is not getting any chances and not scoring.

If a striker gets one chance per game and takes that chance then it is 1 goal per game.

If he has 10 chances per game and scores 1 it is still 1 goal per game.  The only difference is he might just get the second and third goal in this scenario.

More important would be if those 9 misses would have been better laying off to someone else in a better position, then it might be relevant.

Or am I missing something?

Better strikers take a higher percentage of attempts on goal presumably. Miss 20 one on ones in a season or score 6 from them makes a big difference

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

If this deal was a permanent transfer then I could fully get behind it, but the very fact It’s a loan does absolutely nothing for me! 

I’d rather give Hector Ingram a chance to grow in the first team, than pay Villa a loan fee for a stop gap until next year.

Its nothing against the lad, but we need a permanent replacement for Martin, and his goals tally for a Striker is woeful!

Id much rather we go for Austin, because there is a large chance that he’d be available after this year. He’s a bully of a Striker who would provide hold up play as well as being lethal in front of goal. Age might not be on his side, but he’d provide great experience for the team and really help the youth in the squad. 

Opinions ey! 

The lad from Germany was obviously our permanent (cheap) target and we missed out on him. We are trying to do deals within our constraints of ffp and if it takes a loan to get us to anywhere close to where we need to be, then so be it.

In the new year we can look at more permanent deals but for now, Davis is the best option out of those on the table. Ingram should definitely get his chances this year, but he wont have the same effect as Davis would at the moment. 

But lets be honest, our opinions count for nothing and the management probably have their own ideas which is the most important. 

18 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Presume you have forgotten a certain striker who refused to sign a new deal over the summer.. 

Nah kuqi was legendary for being lazy. Not sure with us but certainly at Palace..they loved him but he was lazy..in pre game warm up he would be watching the manager..as soon as his back was turned the chef would stop working...every time. 

A game at Southampton he was just outside the palace area as they defended a corner..it was cleared to him and he pretty much had the whole pitch in front to himself. Apparently he looked up and just hoofed it into the saints half and started walking to the halfway line..didn't fancy the long run..they still loved him tho 

On 11/10/2020 at 19:57, DCFC1388 said:

How do you know that Davis wouldnt score goals for us & that Slimani and Wilson automatically add 30+ goals to the team?

With forwards there is never a guarantee. The best strikers in the world have failed after transfers. We have signed players based on a recent decent scoring record like Blackman & Marriott for decent fees and they havent gone on to smash it for us have they? On the other hand we have signed Chris Martin on a free whose record wasnt the best but was incredible for us.

If a player is guaranteed to smash goals at this level they normally cost a hell of a lot of money not available on loan.

If you want to argue that black is white and vice versa, there's not much point arguing.

Wilson scored 18 goals for us from out wide and in midfield. Slimani scored 9 in 15 for Monaco before lockdown. Davis has scored 2 goals in his entire career. Yes there are no guarantees, but on the balance of probabilities, as a good Bayesian, I would expect Wilson and/or Slimani to score regularly and Davis practically never.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

If you want to argue that black is white and vice versa, there's not much point arguing.

Wilson scored 18 goals for us from out wide and in midfield. Slimani scored 9 in 15 for Monaco before lockdown. Davis has scored 2 goals in his entire career. Yes there are no guarantees, but on the balance of probabilities, as a good Bayesian, I would expect Wilson and/or Slimani to score regularly and Davis practically never.

@DCFC1388you may wish to consider the following before you reply. 

For what worth, I think statistics are like Mini-skirts. They show some stuff that you are interested in but not the whole thing.

For some people if we signed Connor Sammon or a lad who scored 1 in 5 for Belper Town with pace and strength that would be immune to critique because they would offer us something different and strikers are not just about goals. We need a striker who will get minimum 12 goals because we play with a loan striker and our centre backs don't score so there is less of a spread of goals, Davis with a shocking goal record would be a risk if he is going to start alot of games. 

Only role I think he would play is an impact sub role but would he come here to sit on the bench? I don't think so. 

23 hours ago, SK47 said:

The lad from Germany was obviously our permanent (cheap) target and we missed out on him. We are trying to do deals within our constraints of ffp and if it takes a loan to get us to anywhere close to where we need to be, then so be it.

In the new year we can look at more permanent deals but for now, Davis is the best option out of those on the table. Ingram should definitely get his chances this year, but he wont have the same effect as Davis would at the moment. 

But lets be honest, our opinions count for nothing and the management probably have their own ideas which is the most important. 

well done applause GIF

Archived