Keinan Davis

CornwallRam

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we stop trying to pitch every linked striker against Lord VoldeMart? He's gone and no two players are exactly the same. It's never accurate to compare stats due to different leagues, positions, tactics, opposition etc.

Davis is a different kind of player and, if he comes, hopefully one that will allow the team to get good results and play some good football.

We enjoyed some good times with that other guy (who seems to be mentioned in every thread that I read), but it's boring reading grown men go on about something like a toddler who only wants to eat beans on toast. Move on and get behind the players who are still playing for us. They are the present and the future.

6 minutes ago, roboto said:

Can we stop trying to pitch every linked striker against Lord VoldeMart? He's gone and no two players are exactly the same. It's never accurate to compare stats due to different leagues, positions, tactics, opposition etc.

Davis is a different kind of player and, if he comes, hopefully one that will allow the team to get good results and play some good football.

We enjoyed some good times with that other guy (who seems to be mentioned in every thread that I read), but it's boring reading grown men go on about something like a toddler who only wants to eat beans on toast. Move on and get behind the players who are still playing for us. They are the present and the future.

That’s all true mate and it isn’t necessarily fair to anyone we do sign.

But, the club made an active decision not to bring Martin back and whoever we bring in to replace him will rightly be compared to him because we could have had Martin.

Obviously there’s contracts/age to take into account but this isn’t a Martin fan club issue, whenever you let your top goalscorer go at any club and bring someone else in, the fans will compare the two. It’s only natural and healthy to hold the club accountable for their decisions. I wouldn’t expect people to stick their heads in the sand.

Obviously the Chris Martin debate has become its own monster over the past few years but it remains relevant to what’s going on at DCFC today and likely for the next couple seasons. The only way to kill it is to nail this signing and not have to look back at what could have been.

The club didn't choose not to bring him back though. A contract was offered to him. We don't know all the details on it, but Bristol offered him a better contract and he chose to sign with them.

I'm going to do my best not to comment on anything to do with him any more and see if the rash goes away.

31 minutes ago, sage said:

How many were from midfield where he used to play?

I don’t know, I was asking a question, not offering answers.

Martin in midfield? ? when was this?  Transfermarkt, has him down as one game on the left wing in his career....I’m not saying that’s gospel, but I can’t imagine in him midfield.

90B632CD-71EA-4C9A-ADC7-D229E35FB484.png

12 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

That’s all true mate and it isn’t necessarily fair to anyone we do sign.

But, the club made an active decision not to bring Martin back and whoever we bring in to replace him will rightly be compared to him because we could have had Martin.

Obviously there’s contracts/age to take into account but this isn’t a Martin fan club issue, whenever you let your top goalscorer go at any club and bring someone else in, the fans will compare the two. It’s only natural and healthy to hold the club accountable for their decisions. I wouldn’t expect people to stick their heads in the sand.

Obviously the Chris Martin debate has become its own monster over the past few years but it remains relevant to what’s going on at DCFC today and likely for the next couple seasons. The only way to kill it is to nail this signing and not have to look back at what could have been.

Live footage of me arguing with the 657th poster who has said Derby let Chris Martin go

200.gif

11 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I don’t know, I was asking a question, not offering answers.

Martin in midfield? ? when was this?  Transfermarkt, has him down as one game on the left wing in his career....I’m not saying that’s gospel, but I can’t imagine in him midfield.

90B632CD-71EA-4C9A-ADC7-D229E35FB484.png

For Norwich he mainly played attacking midfield.

Davis is the exact player we need. A fast, strong, skillful target man to help us when we play the bully teams especially. It's a long season and the "Derby way" sometimes falls short to the well organised, defensive minded teams, which would suit Davis especially for crosses because he will be stronger than the majority of defenders he'll face.

I honestly believe this would be the biggest signing for us if it happens. Forget his stats, having him to play off will allow our 3 behind him to do what they do best.

If he signs, save this post and I'll say I told you so in 6 months ?

8 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

This isn't happening i don't even know why its a thread , he's played every game villa have played so far and has just been given a long term contract , close this so we can talk about someone that knows where the net is christ all mighty ?

Because it's been confirmed that he's a player Derby have asked about taking on loan?

2 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

44 in 208 matches 

more than one in five games

ask me another!

Know how many goals he scored in his first 55 championship appearances? 8 

not exactly spectacular, however he went on to score bag loads for us and a firm fans favourite. Davis hasn’t got many goals yet but he’s 22 he’ll come good if we get him. Villa fans really rate him too

On 21/09/2020 at 23:12, DCFC1388 said:

Our fans would slate Firmino if we signed him due to his goal record. He 'only' scored 9 goals in a free scoring Liverpool team last season, with only 1 of them being at home and that was the last home game of the season. If he did that in a Rams shirt he would be crucified.

Another example is Emile Heskey, wasnt ever the most prolific, had the odd purple patch, but for his strike partners and other players around him they loved playing with him due to what he bought to the team.

There isnt a decent striker out there in the UK or decent European levels that has scored 20+ goals in either of the last 2 seasons and within our budget. And if someone can find an example be my guest but I can guarantee he is a Nick Blackman done it once type of player or is from a remote european league with no guarantee he will repeat the goals here.

Just because a player has a poor record elsewhere doesnt mean it will be poor with us and just because they have scored for fun elsewhere it doesnt mean he will for us either.

Lets see who signs and what they bring to the team.

Rant over.

People are just preparing the ground for the 'he's no Chris Martin' criticism.

Archived