Keinan Davis

CornwallRam

After today, premier league clubs can’t sell or loan players to other premier league clubs . If they want to bring in a replacement for Davis, so that they can loan him to us, then they have to do it today or bring in a lower league player before final window closes on the 19th

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/10/2020 at 12:19, Rampage said:

We aim to please, VdMH. My views on today's team are still in the mixer and I am sure that I will pour out my opinions later when they will either be reinforced or not. I would settle for a good finish from our floating CF.

Do you think we will have signed a striker before the deadline has shuttered 

14 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

They are also after another striker so we may no more by 11pm tonight.

I suspect that if it's either Davis or Austin, it may be later in the week - or even the one after.

Today's deadline is only relevant regards Dursan - or any other import.

Always seems to have been us & Preston linked with Davis with DET saying we're still interested.

Worth noting Alan Nixon has said Preston have no need for Davis now and he is normally pretty reliable for news from that neck of the woods.

Hopefully means we have a free run at signing Davis

5 minutes ago, Topram said:

Not sure why people want this to happen, his scoring record for a striker is worse than Sammons 

Because its not all about scoring records, its about what he can bring to the team.

Also, previous scoring records are irrelvant to how well a player does at a new club

6 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Because its not all about scoring records, its about what he can bring to the team.

Also, previous scoring records are irrelvant to how well a player does at a new club

Most sides that get promoted have a striker that scores goals, he may bring stuff to the team but a strikers job is to score goals 

5 minutes ago, Topram said:

Most sides that get promoted have a striker that scores goals, he may bring stuff to the team but a strikers job is to score goals 

Maybe or maybe not but regardless of that his previous scoring record has no baring on how well he would do for us?

I mean, why wouldnt we want a tall, strong, physical, pacey striker who is known for working hard, causing defenders problems and at holding the ball up to bring others into play? Sounds like exactly the sort of player we need. If he can get 10+ goals too thats a bonus

39 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Exactly. Having a focal point in attack is huge. Especially with players like Lawrence, Ibe, Jozwiak around him.

Shefki Kuqi prime example. Played 11 games for us. Scored twice. But we won 8.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

Not sure why people want this to happen, his scoring record for a striker is worse than Sammons 

We have a striker in Marriott who doesn’t score in the system we play and what I have seen of Davis he seems a proper handful but I would always want to be able to sign players cheaply enough if they do well and not just build them a platform to be unaffordable 

2 hours ago, Topram said:

I said this to a villa fan at work yesterday and he said he's very good at bringing others into the game and reckons with a run of games, he'll score goals.

Saw an interview with jack Grealish and said Davies is the strongest player he’s ever played with 

Interviewer suggested Tyrone Mings and he scoffed and said Davies is way stronger 

Obviously he might still be terrible at football ?

I'd be pretty happy with Davies, probably even more so than Austin. Too many folk on here just seem to assess forwards on a single rather dubious metric - goals vs games played. Even that metric is skewed as minutes played offers a far more accurate picture. As others have stated, Davies also has other qualities that he brings which seem very much in keeping with our ideal striker.

Keinan also seems to address my one concern with Austin which would be that he was never really been that quick. Davies has some pace and the fact that he is so highly-rated at Villa (offered and accepted new contract immediately before being offered for loan) is a tip in itself. They seem upwardly mobile and if they see a significant future at Villa then perhaps we should accept the hint. Villa fans seem to rate Davies too and we know how moany they can get. I'd also venture that he would be on a lot less money than Austin too. 

Archived