v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

And the award for best overreaction goes to...

Not an over reaction, I personally found it boring, I find the football boring it’s ok if you don’t. But personally to me certainly not a over reaction. Circumstances with injuries and failure to bring anyone in on time Is the reasons I’m sure (I hope)

You do wonder what it is we are trying to achieve with the tactics. Chris VDW mentioned in an interview the other week about recognising playing at a quicker tempo, players being fitter, pressing more etc... as the management has realised that was the difference between the better teams in the championship over the last few years. None of that has been recognisable in the last two performances.

One of the biggest overreactions I’ve seen on here in my time. 

First day of the season and half a team available, this very obviously isn’t what is going to be served up for the rest of the year. We’re paying the price for not getting our business done earlier but what can we do when the EFL has us under a soft embargo for no good reason? 

I get that was a truly awful performance, we cant all just be happy clappy and pretend it never happened but I just cant bring myself to self flagellate the way some of you lot are!

We were absolutely class on the opening day of last season and won fairly easily. Ended up being crap for the rest of the season. I don’t have anything particularly unique to say here, just don’t get too high or low off early season form.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I’d swap an actual donkey for Marriott

Will it be a swop plus cash deal? If so how much will we have to pay ? ?

5 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

This is spot on. People claim cocu doesn't have the players to be able to play better. Rubbish. We pass the ball slowly, backwards constantly. We don't get in behind the defence. Come on, wake up, this stuff is to do with system and not personnel. A good manager gets the absolute best out of whatever he has. 

Absolutely. It’s the system that’s wrong. We are going backwards. New signings will not change the architecture of the team. It’s a slow boat to nowhere. 

5 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I fear he is doing.

He doesn't play to Marriott's strengths. We don't run at teams or play the ball through the opposition back line. We just constantly pass it around slowly. This is simply unacceptable. It's boring, safe, possession football recycling the ball to no effect. We lack a collective attacking mentality and show no signs of moving through the gears. Woeful.

11 minutes ago, Justa said:

I don’t know why anyone expected anything different ?

Apart from the I’ll support Cocu whatever as he played for Barcelona so must know what he’s doing.

Look at the results at the end of last season - look at how poor pre-season was and look at our recruitment so far ? 

And yes before I get jumped on my the  Cocu is the Messiah brigade the transfer window is still open but is it really going to make that much difference ? 

Well if it doesn't,he will be gone.

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

First day of the season and half a team available, this very obviously isn’t what is going to be served up for the rest of the year. We’re paying the price for not getting our business done earlier but what can we do when the EFL has us under a soft embargo for no good reason? 

I get that was a truly awful performance, we cant all just be happy clappy and pretend it never happened but I just cant bring myself to self flagellate the way some of you lot are!

We were absolutely class on the opening day of last season and won fairly easily. Ended up being crap for the rest of the season. I don’t have anything particularly unique to say here, just don’t get too high or low off early season form.

I get your point. But this isn’t just one game. This started with Forest at home back in July, continued through pre season and up to now.

The signs have been there for some time.

Missed Waggys runs, Martin and Huddlestones football brains and yes I’ll say it.... Keoghs leadership today.

The kids need someone to help them along the way with football knowledge. Otherwise they’ll be burned out by Christmas. They are still learning.....

6 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Half a team available? 

2 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

First day of the season and half a team available, this very obviously isn’t what is going to be served up for the rest of the year. We’re paying the price for not getting our business done earlier but what can we do when the EFL has us under S soft embargo for no good reason? 

In the past I’ve seen people calling for the managers head whilst we’ve been in the top 3! The  the vast majority of the posts have been fair criticisms with many reflecting this is more than just one game, taking the Barrow game and the last six games of last season (just a few weeks ago). Of course things can improve with signings and players returning from fitness but the balanced, fair criticisms (which they’re lots of) are not unwarranted. 

Archived