v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

Gutless, spineless performance. I dont mind getting beat it happens but if you're going to get beat at least get out of first gear doing it. 

Slow, backward & passing. We need to get a grip. Its not hard to pass & move into space at pace. Take a gamble & if you lose the ball close down to win it back. Its like everyone is scared of losing the ball so they either play the way they are facing. 

Dutch Mike was very poor defensively, midfield rubbish, Marriott looks like a player that has to pay subs to play football & whilst byne looked good going forward he was megged twice. 

The only one with any credit & ive been critical of him last season was whittaker. He lost the ball a few times but at least he looked like he wanted to get the ball, run at defenders & make something happen. 

The lad upfront for reading looked exactly the sort of player we need. Sign him up

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Xlor said:

I'll accept all apologies from everyone that called me for saying were toss. 

Do you mean we’re toss? In which case your grammar is as limited as your vocabulary ?

Here is a challenge for you, each game see if you can find an alternative word to describe our performance.

Seriously though, I don’t think anyone would argue with you that we were poor.

2 minutes ago, Jram said:

This is insanity, it’s a 46 game season! Think with your head, control your emotions

We could have a 146 game season and the outcome would be the same - I don’t like his football and I don’t trust him to change his philosophy. We are in for a dismal season.

Two seasons ago we nearly got promoted with a team that was average and papered together with three quality players .... Mount Wilson and Tomori, last season we were dreadful before the Rooney factor in January lifted us again to somewhere credible the last 6 matches of last season were a clear warning across the board that we weren’t good enough in all positions ... so please after pre season and today’s shall we say woeful performance (to many I’m upgrading the performance) can you seriously be telling me that we are even a championship side let alone play off hopefuls one or two players won’t change a negative mindset from the manager trying to play a style and system that he simply doesn’t have the players to fulfil .... stand by for a long season and I believe anyone thinking otherwise is seriously not watching how we play most of us can’t truly believe that Lawrence and waghorn are our saviours  

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Style of play and tactics have got to change. If we don't put any urgency in our play, and we continue to obsess over control whilst going nowhere with the ball it's going to be a long, miserable season. Te Wierik had a nightmare Championship debut, Marriott was cringe worthy, Clarke got bullied, Bird's touch was too heavy all day, Sibley was anonymous. 

This is really moany, negative, chirping nastiness... And pretty accurate.. 

I don’t know why anyone expected anything different ?

Apart from the I’ll support Cocu whatever as he played for Barcelona so must know what he’s doing.

Look at the results at the end of last season - look at how poor pre-season was and look at our recruitment so far ? 

And yes before I get jumped on my the  Cocu is the Messiah brigade the transfer window is still open but is it really going to make that much difference ? 

Thank God Sheffield Wednesday started on -12, at least we can't hit rock bottom and mass wrist lashing for a few weeks.

Fear we'll still be mucking around with transfers this time next month, and limping along with a half team until then, when we should have got our backsides in gear much quicker, outgoings or not.  Obvious we needed attackers (plural) with a deficiency last season and Martin exiting.

I do have a bit of faith in Cocu, I am well aware todays starting line-up was missing 5 players, but we need to be a bit more positive and quicker out of the blocks on all fronts.

14 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Come on - it’s the philosophy that is the problem here, not the players. This style of football is the worst I’ve seen for years. It doesn’t work and we are going to lose games and play poorly because Cocu doesn’t have any idea how to play differently. 

This is spot on. People claim cocu doesn't have the players to be able to play better. Rubbish. We pass the ball slowly, backwards constantly. We don't get in behind the defence. Come on, wake up, this stuff is to do with system and not personnel. A good manager gets the absolute best out of whatever he has. 

Archived