v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jram said:

We did alright last season given our financial situation and the amount of academy graduates we produce 

Face it, we’re going to lose a number of games this season and play poorly at times.. this is just one of them 

Come on - it’s the philosophy that is the problem here, not the players. This style of football is the worst I’ve seen for years. It doesn’t work and we are going to lose games and play poorly because Cocu doesn’t have any idea how to play differently. 

Well that was awful. Don't think I'd rate any of the players out there today more than 5/10.

The most concerning thing is that I don't think Reading will be challenging for anything this season... and they've just outclassed us for 90 minutes at home. It took us over an hour to have a shot on target for ducks sake! 58% possession and we did duck all with it! 3 new players please... and soon! A target man and 2 wide players.

1 minute ago, Jayram said:

Come on - it’s the philosophy that is the problem here, not the players. This style of football is the worst I’ve seen for years. It doesn’t work and we are going to lose games and play poorly because Cocu doesn’t have any idea how to play differently. 

This is insanity, it’s a 46 game season! Think with your head, control your emotions

5 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

The last 180 mins of football we have played have been the most boring I think I’ve seen watching Derby in the 37years I’ve been watching them, not the worst but the most boring. I’m hoping the attacking signings Cocu wants will make the difference, but I have a niggley feeling it won’t. 

And the award for best overreaction goes to...

Well that was woeful. So glad I renewed my season ticket yesterday if we’re gonna be treated to such incredibly exciting performances! I slightly lifted myself out my chair when Whittaker hit that 50 yard pea roller! Exhilarating stuff. And to make matters even better, we now get to watch Leeds probably play some quality attacking football in the Prem. Can’t believe after inexplicably avoiding foreign managers for so long, when we actually go for one we end up with the Dutch Paul Clement. 

Dreadful. Setting out to play each and every pass backwards and keeping possession across the back at all costs does not equate in any way or form to playing it out from the back. As soon as Cocu and and the players recognise this fact, and the fact that the current squad of players do not have anywhere near the ability to play out from the back, then we might move forward as a football club. Until that time we will keep getting served up this dross on a regular basis. It won’t make any difference if Rooney, Lawrence, Waghorn or any new signings come in to the side if we persist playIng this style of football. Teams will simply pick us off as Reading did today. Possession counts for nothing if you don’t have the ability to create anything from it.

2 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Bullseye ?.  It is too easily thwarted. 

3 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

The last 180 mins of football we have played have been the most boring I think I’ve seen watching Derby in the 37years I’ve been watching them, not the worst but the most boring. I’m hoping the attacking signings Cocu wants will make the difference, but I have a niggley feeling it won’t. 

I agree but in 52 years for me, TR. We do not have players who can play out from the back. Wrong tactics for this league. Pace, power and aggression are the way forward but not going to happen. When none of the players are doing well then there is a problem.

3 minutes ago, sage said:

We simply didn't have enough quality and fitness on the pitch.

As players come back from injury and we sign people we will improve.

We will have to be patient though.

Yes I’m trying not to react to this game knowing the injuries and potential new signings to come.

Today was poor but I expected it, anything from Luton will be a plus. Preston in cup who cares at the minute.

Reserving judgement until transfer business done and other forward players back. Too early to get too despondent. 

Archived