v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I have to say that i firmly believe that McClaren, Clement, Rowett, Wassall, Lampard and even Pearson managing the team today wouldve yielded a more positive outcome. 

Go back in time to 2013/14, remove Martin, Russell, Ward, Hughes, Bryson & Keogh from the team and replace them with inferior players and I'm fairly sure we'd have been pretty poo.

13 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Boll***ks. Bielsa with Leeds played with way more tempo, and when he arrived it was pretty much the qame squad that the previuos manager had (with a lot of the fans writing off most of their underperforming players such as Klich for example), so I don't buy your argument.

If we had put out a team with Beilik, Waghorn and Lawrence in it, I might agree, but we didn't so i don't. 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

It's not just his lack of service though,when he had the ball he either miss kicked it,fell over it or whacked it fifty feet into the air.

He's pretty bad at the minute and I hope he can improve as we have no one else.

Things won't get any better till we find a player in the Mount mould who can create space in midfield and move defenders around.  A hold up player was not what we signed in Marriott.  We signed a player to put chances away, often from defensive mistakes, not create them or find the ball and create them for himself. I don't think I saw Van Nistlerooy kick a ball 10 yards from goal and he is the championship version of that. Man Utd set up there system to utilise him best. He plays of the defender in front of goal and often moves off his marker a couple of seconds before he shots. 

The choice is simple. Play him with attack minded midfielders and wide men or get a lump to play instead in the current system. You could play a lump up with him to take the pressure off and do the holding but that means two forwards and would probably fail as the tendency for that type of player is to push it back into midfield. 

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I have to say that i firmly believe that McClaren, Clement, Rowett, Wassall, Lampard and even Pearson managing the team today wouldve yielded a more positive outcome. 

Can't stand this pathetic assesssment.

This individual didn't want any of the above apart from McClaren & here he is with his snidey digs on behalf of managers he couldnt stand. 

Lose a game, lose any perspective. Ridiculous.

32 minutes ago, PendineRam said:

First game 1956, upper tier Normo End with my Uncle Tom! 

You do the maths! 

No statement about most boring level in those years, PR. I can do the maths but what about the entertainment. Rams will be a lot better in three weeks time imo.

16 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I’ll stick by this. I thought Reading were a lot better than any other team I’ve seen so far this season: Watford, Boro, Brentford and Birmingham looked more similar to us than Reading. 

I’m not overly worried. It could be worth getting a few pennies on Reading winning promotion though. 

I’d bet against that all day long 

It was only yesterday I was reading an Article about how much in disarray reading were on the eve of the new season.

i think that was two v v ordinary sides that will do well to finish above mid table 

no pressure then on the returning and incoming 

18 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Boll***ks. Bielsa with Leeds played with way more tempo, and when he arrived it was pretty much the qame squad that the previuos manager had (with a lot of the fans writing off most of their underperforming players such as Klich for example), so I don't buy your argument.

Give me a direct side by side comparison of the strengths and weaknesses of our squad vs the one Bielsa took over, how different styles of play would suit the individual players and balance of their squad and we'll talk.

3 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Can't stand this pathetic assesssment.

This individual didn't want any of the above apart from McClaren & here he is with his snidey digs on behalf of managers he couldnt stand. 

Lose a game, lose any perspective. Ridiculous.

As a few people have already quite rightly pointed out this isn’t just about one game !

Look at last weekend and pre-season never mind the end of last season !

Just now, Justa said:

As a few people have already quite rightly pointed out this isn’t just about one game !

Look at last weekend and pre-season never mind the end of last season !

Because it is the same bloody problem, The same players. The same injury list. The same soft embargo impact.  

Archived