v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

Style of play and tactics have got to change. If we don't put any urgency in our play, and we continue to obsess over control whilst going nowhere with the ball it's going to be a long, miserable season. Te Wierik had a nightmare Championship debut, Marriott was cringe worthy, Clarke got bullied, Bird's touch was too heavy all day, Sibley was anonymous. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last 180 mins of football we have played have been the most boring I think I’ve seen watching Derby in the 37years I’ve been watching them, not the worst but the most boring. I’m hoping the attacking signings Cocu wants will make the difference, but I have a niggley feeling it won’t. 

3 minutes ago, Jayram said:

It’s not though is it? It’s the same as last season again and again. 

We did alright last season given our financial situation and the amount of academy graduates we produce 

Face it, we’re going to lose a number of games this season and play poorly at times.. this is just one of them 

Dreadful performance from start to finish. Nothing positive to take from it at all. The style of football is absolutely abysmal and I don’t trust Cocu to change things for the better. He is obsessed with a single style of play that is getting us nowhere. I’ve honestly not felt this pessimistic for years. 

To me, Marriott looked off form. But I don’t think he wasn’t trying. Just nothing clicking and no service. He needs a couple of players who can feed him. Like Lawrence or Martin or another winger. So he’s a square peg in a round hole. He probably needs to go somewhere else to get his confidence up. Or revert to his substitute role when he can come on when the defences are tired.

i just don’t think you could suggest he wasn’t trying. He just wasn’t effective.

Just now, zaragozaram said:

and sorry if it has already been asked, what is with the ref double whistling all the time?

Because he is a cockerel, who books someone for timewasting then lets them throw the ball away and doesn't add the time. 

Archived