v Reading (H) Match Thread

Day

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I think what we are missing is a forward who can hold the ball up, maybe not blessed with lots of pace, but someone with great ball control and who will draw defenders and create gaps for the likes of sibley to run into...probably also chip in with 10-15 goals too..

anyone know a player like that ?

One came on at Bristol after 56 mins

1 minute ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I'm not sure how he has achieved it,amongst many contenders for the award,but jack has managed to look the most inept player on the pitch today....he looks to have no confidence whatsover,it doesn't bode well for us or him.

No, I'd be tempted to send him out for 6 months and back in January, not Trialist!

4 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

It's almost as if we're playing without almost all of our first team attackers today... Oh wait. It's the first game of the season, we're missing Holmes/Lawrence/Waghorn and a fully fit Rooney. Not expecting this all season, especially if we add some more attackers to that list. 

the only time we haven't played like this was when Rooney came in and was able to pick out ranged out balls or show a few magical touches to beat a press

Whatever winger comes in will still face a sea of opponents behind the ball because we give them no reason to back off. 

Every decision  for every defender is easy. Step up, send packing, retreat to position and repeat. They don't even have to be especially quick. There's no reason to dive in. Nothing fast will happen from Derby. 

We don't isolate full backs or hit diagonals. We don't drop anything down the line. 

Our players are restricted by this style. 

Funny old world isn’t it? I had a few lads banging on my door at 0400 this morning thinking there was a party at my house??

As I’m not Jaun Claud Van Dam the only way I could get them off my property was to get my baseball bat , that did the trick, they said they were coming back tonight to “ Do me “ with a squad of lads 

But I am more concerned about our squad, than getting my head smashed in ????

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

At the risk of sounding a tad negative, I defy anyone to post anything positive about our performance this game.

its behind closed doors 

Archived