Season Ticket Update / Refunds

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I suppose Cambridge is the natural place to take a punt.

I think they will probably push the boat out

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

We Well having thought about it long and hard since yesterday and taking into consideration that I tried to renew last March but everything went to pot and then I tried to renew in July but the system didn’t let me before the cut off date and despite emails from me asking to reset my password etc and the club responding with we will get in touch with you which they never did. 

I can only see limited opportunity to actually watch games in the flesh and I would have to be seated alone ( because my mate who went with me can’t go because I used to pay for his match tickets and he doesn’t have an actual season ticket - yes strange) 

i don’t want to watch a soulless game on a very small screen ( poor eyesight) so Rams TV isn’t much good to me thank you very much and I do get sky football and we will be on that a fair bit I suspect. 

To compound the games to be missed if I had chance to go I am due to be away for two very short breaks of 4 days at a time and yes I would miss 4 home games anyway.

not to mention the restrictions that will be in place in terms of entering and leaving.

whist there are lots of external things affecting Derby county currently in terms of what it can and can’t do it is still a business and I buy a season ticket to sit in my seat and watch live games when we are either entertaining or not and what is currently on offer is not what I want to experience so I won’t be renewing at this point. I will of course look to renew for the following season if everything is better and I would buy match tickets if the opportunity arises. 

I will be able to watch Mickleover sports though it seems ! 

It IS interesting to hear people’s thought processes on their decision-making. I must admit, in addition to the frustration I’ve experienced in trying to renew today {see above} I’m now pretty angry that Bristol City can afford to give CM a deal, but we couldn’t. But we have taken on/promoted more fitness coaches today. ?

33 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It IS interesting to hear people’s thought processes on their decision-making. I must admit, in addition to the frustration I’ve experienced in trying to renew today {see above} I’m now pretty angry that Bristol City can afford to give CM a deal, but we couldn’t. But we have taken on/promoted more fitness coaches today. ?

Whose combined annual salary Martin would earn in a month. 

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

You’re making the sole assumption that he isn’t here because we can’t afford it. 

Well Cocu publicly stated he wanted him to stay.... 

Money/length of contract is what did for the deal I suspect.

Just love to know who we are going to get in on a free and pay salary to who is as good a striker and is younger than cm.

6 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Well Cocu publicly stated he wanted him to stay.... 

Money/length of contract is what did for the deal I suspect.

Just love to know who we are going to get in on a free and pay salary to who is as good a striker and is younger than cm.

He might have wanted him to stay but not at any price/length of contract as you say

4 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

He might have wanted him to stay but not at any price/length of contract as you say

Definitely but it's just whether we can replace him with as good or better for less....if not,we made a bad decision in not retaining him.

All history now,let's see if we can get a better,cheaper and younger striker in.

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

How come every post on here gets turned into a Chris Martin post. people need to get over he’s left accept he’s gone move on for god’s sake.

it is fairly straightforward in my mind.

1.  If you renew, the bare minimum you will get is free RamsTV for all home matches, plus 7 midweek matches away. 

2. When fans are allowed in (looks like Oct) if the the amount of Season tickets sold  is more than the amount of fans allowed in the ground, you can apply to attend. You will not get 'your seat' but if possible you will be in your price zone. If not, you could get a better or worse seat depending on who is going.

3. It is reasonable to assume that the amount of spectators allowed in will increase during the season. It is reasonable to assume away fans will not be allowed in if it means home fans cannot. What is unclear is if you were unsuccessful in one application, are you a priority for the next ballot. (this would seem fair).

4. At this stage it looks like you will not get a refund if you are unsuccessful in the ballot. What is also unclear is if there will be a refund policy for those who have renewed and are not happy with the policy for this season. This may depend on when you renewed i.e. did you know what you were getting into?

i guess people have to decide whether to renew or not based on 

a) do you feel safe?

b) does this arrangement give value for money?

c) will the atmosphere be not worth the hassle?

d) do you want to financially support the club at the time?  

1 minute ago, sage said:

it is fairly straightforward in my mind.

1.  If you renew, the bare minimum you will get is free RamsTV for all home matches, plus 7 midweek matches away. 

2. When fans are allowed in (looks like Oct) if the the amount of Season tickets sold  is more than the amount of fans allowed in the ground, you can apply to attend. You will not get 'your seat' but if possible you will be in your price zone. If not, you could get a better or worse seat depending on who is going.

3. It is reasonable to assume that the amount of spectators allowed in will increase during the season. It is reasonable to assume away fans will not be allowed in if it means home fans cannot. What is unclear is if you were unsuccessful in one application, are you a priority for the next ballot. (this would seem fair).

4. At this stage it looks like you will not get a refund if you are unsuccessful in the ballot. What is also unclear is if there will be a refund policy for those who have renewed and are not happy with the policy for this season. This may depend on when you renewed i.e. did you know what you were getting into?

i guess people have to decide whether to renew or not based on 

a) do you feel safe?

b) does this arrangement give value for money?

c) will the atmosphere be not worth the hassle?

d) do you want to financially support the club at the time?  

Pretty much sums up how I've took it.

My thoughts are below, just thought I'd use your post to write my thoughts down @sage

For those in for example the West Upper that pay top tier prices for a family of 3 or 4, I can understand they are a little concerned at the prospect of being entered into the ballot to be left with "just" a RamsTV pass. 

Maybe the club should have stopped to consider mentioning any refund policy for games missed so we know where we stand, but I'm sure those details will come in time, from reading the update it appears that they have seen fans feedback which will have come from social media and this forum which triggered a response, and I'm sure this topic has also been read and your voices have been heard.

I feel for the club though, the government have been so wishy washy throughout this pandemic with no clear guidance and having to find a fair way to keep 25k supporters happy.

The club could have refunded all season tickets, ran on a ballot for individual tickets only, but even then some would not be happy having attended every game for X years as some fan strolls up and takes a Forest ticket having only been to Wembley in recent years.

We also must remember that outside the Championship, ticket revenue is a large percentage of club revenue, we don't have the luxury of falling back on a cushty Sky Sports deal like the Premier League can. Those that purchase season tickets really do help the club by putting some cash in the bank.

We're all sat here bemoaning the lack of transfer activity, how we're heading for a dull season, just remember the club is in a precarious position financially, sitting here complaining of the lack of signings whilst also accusing the club of trying to pull a sly one telling season ticket holders they may miss a few games feels a bit off to me, come on now, isn't this a time when we should all come together?

Not everyone will be in the financial position to do so and thats no problem, just understand that this season is not a normal one and that you may have to go without seeing a game at all, that's not punishment for not being "loyal", it's a pandemic that has caused major disruption to all our lives with no clear path to normality as yet and the club appear to trying their hardest to find a solution that gets them through the season.

I'm watching other Championship clubs with interest, see which direction they are going in, many have yet to release any information at all, just don't compare us with Premier League clubs, as I say they are financially secure thanks to their TV deals, it's not remotely the same position.

Archived