Season Ticket Update / Refunds

Animal is a Ram

2019/20 refunds processed this week

2020/21 Season

The club will be reactivating Season Ticket sales and renewals from 9:00am this Thursday, 3rd September 2020. Please note sales will ONLY be available online on dcfc.co.uk.

Unfortunately as a result of the current health and safety guidelines including mandatory social distancing, only Season Ticket Holders will initially be eligible to attend on a match by match basis with a strictly limited number of tickets issued during carefully considered ‘priority booking windows’. And, importantly, instead of being located in their usual or assigned seat, Season Ticket Holders will instead be seated either individually or in ‘bubble’ pairs but wherever possible in the appropriately priced category.

Details on eligibility, seating configuration and how to book tickets will be communicated in due course but it is expected that in the early stages demand will probably exceed the temporarily reduced capacity.

Consequently, and in accordance with the aforementioned EFL announcement, Season Ticket Holders purchasing or renewing by midnight on Saturday 3rd October 2020 will be provided with an access code for FREE RamsTV streaming of every home league match and up to seven midweek away league matches (EFL to determine opposition) whilst the club operates under the temporarily reduced capacity.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm probably being a bit thick here (it's one of those days today) But I've read the below:-

The club will be reactivating Season Ticket sales and renewals from 9:00am this Thursday, 3rd September 2020. Please note sales will ONLY be available online on dcfc.co.uk.

Unfortunately as a result of the current health and safety guidelines including mandatory social distancing, only Season Ticket Holders will initially be eligible to attend on a match by match basis with a strictly limited number of tickets issued during carefully considered ‘priority booking windows’. And, importantly, instead of being located in their usual or assigned seat, Season Ticket Holders will instead be seated either individually or in ‘bubble’ pairs but wherever possible in the appropriately priced category.

Details on eligibility, seating configuration and how to book tickets will be communicated in due course but it is expected that in the early stages demand will probably exceed the temporarily reduced capacity.

Consequently, and in accordance with the aforementioned EFL announcement, Season Ticket Holders purchasing or renewing by midnight on Saturday 3rd October 2020 will be provided with an access code for FREE RamsTV streaming of every home league match and up to seven midweek away league matches (EFL to determine opposition) whilst the club operates under the temporarily reduced capacity.

Supporters who are understandably reluctant or unfortunately unable to purchase or renew their Season Ticket by midnight on Saturday 3rd October 2020 will still be able to watch select matches by purchasing a stream on RamsTV at the EFL mandated price of £10 per match.

Finally, the club is keen to reassure both 2019/20 and 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders that, irrespective of whether they have already purchased, renewed or are not yet renewing, their usual or assigned seat will be reserved until the 2021/22 Season Ticket sales and renewals campaign is underway.

The last bit where it says your usual or assigned seat will be reserves until the the 21/22 season ticket sales are underway. 

Usually these start in March/April. 

So does this mean my seat this season is reserved until then?

2 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The last bit where it says your usual or assigned seat will be reserves until the the 21/22 season ticket sales are underway. 

My reading is that your seat will be reserved for the 21/22 early bird renewal period, regardless of whether you renew this season or not.  It's not 100% clear though.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

My reading is that your seat will be reserved for the 21/22 early bird renewal period, regardless of whether you renew this season or not.  It's not 100% clear though.

Yeah it isn't. I've took it as that my seat this season will not go on sale to anyone else until the 21/22 season goes on sale.

8 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I'm probably being a bit thick here (it's one of those days today) But I've read the below:-

Supporters who are understandably reluctant or unfortunately unable to purchase or renew their Season Ticket by midnight on Saturday 3rd October 2020 will still be able to watch select matches by purchasing a stream on RamsTV at the EFL mandated price of £10 per match.

Finally, the club is keen to reassure both 2019/20 and 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders that, irrespective of whether they have already purchased, renewed or are not yet renewing, their usual or assigned seat will be reserved until the 2021/22 Season Ticket sales and renewals campaign is underway.

Yes, as I read it.

So no deals to be cut. No wonder Mel guns for them!

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah it isn't. I've took it as that my seat this season will not go on sale to anyone else until the 21/22 season goes on sale.

I don't know how the club could word it any other way. It doesn't matter about your seat this season, as you probably won't sit in it anyway (as they allude to earlier in the statement) but it'll be back to normal (we hope) for 21/22.

So as I read it, you pay full price (less any refunds chosen as part of the options for last season) for a ST which gives you the opportunity to apply to go to games but will otherwise give you access to 30 games on RamsTV, essentially worth £300? Or have I misunderstood?

Seems pricey but reasonable and happy to help the club out in this time. 

Time for a bit of patience again me thinks. There is obviously a lot more information to come including:

1) If demand exceeds supply, how will they determine who gets to go

2) If you’ve renewed but don’t get one of the limited tickets (due to point 1 above) what sort of refund will you get

3) If you renew, will there be some kind of refund for the early games, when no one will be able to attend, even if you watch the game for “free” on RamTV

I bet there are plenty more but, rather than demand the club gives us answers immediately, I’ll wait for the next update (I’ve already renewed by the way).

23 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

It means you get first dibs on your particular seat next season but not during this season. 

I did think this was the way they should proceed, and so far so good.

Now they've just got to find a way to fairly determine exactly what these priority windows will be.

Perhaps the windows will be determined by how long you've been a season ticket holder? That would be my preferred method.

The longest standing are likely to be the older generation who may decide they don't want to risk going, so there would be plenty of tickets unclaimed going into the next window.

Seems fair enough - if they reserve my ST seat for 21/22 season at the early bird price then I won't renew, will just buy Rams TV

I can't be arsed with the messing about over renewing and then some sort of seat lottery. And then not being able to sit with the other people I go with

I'm sure there are those that want to go to a quarter full stadium more than me, and they will appreciate my generosity of spirit!

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Not sure what your point is or what sort of deal you’d expect. Seems reasonable to me.

Well a season ticket to attend games is sold at less than the cost of number of games x seat price. So I wondered whether there might be a similar season ticket for those watching the season on RamsTV - what's not reasonable about that? But as expected prices have been set by the EFL.

I made a joke weeks ago about limited seats causing people to have absolute meltdowns, now I genuinely think we will see it.

"But Keith didn't go to two away matches in 2004 and he still got tickets, TWO MATCHES. He is basically a part time fan at this point! I think it's disgusting. I've not missed a match since World War Two despite losing both my legs and being shot in the head and killed in Normandy."

Archived