Season Ticket Update / Refunds

Animal is a Ram

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

Of course he could have. Wearing a mask doesn't protect you from Covid, it protects other people. 

People who don't wear masks don't get this. They think they're ok, but they don't know that. None of us do.

You implied other people should wear masks and this one won't because they are selfish. Even though you've never met them? 

How about we just open the stadiums up properly in October for home fans and provide hand sanitizer and if people want to, they wear a mask and if some people still don't feel safe, well they just stay home and watch RamsTV ??

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Uptherams said:

You implied other people should wear masks and this one won't because they are selfish. Even though you've never met them? 

How about we just open the stadiums up properly in October for home fans and provide hand sanitizer and if people want to, they wear a mask and if some people still don't feel safe, well they just stay home and watch RamsTV ??

Well, that's just rot. Why should people have to stay at home because other selfish gits refuse to wear a mask, social distance etc? If everyone obeys the rules, then it is safer for everyone.

8 minutes ago, angieram said:

Well, that's just rot. Why should people have to stay at home because other selfish gits refuse to wear a mask, social distance etc? If everyone obeys the rules, then it is safer for everyone.

Why should thousands of fans have to stay at home? 

Attitude of some seems to be.. I want to go to football, but I don't dare unless thousands of other people are not allowed to. 

Have you been out in public lately? People are everywhere, close to each other. 

8 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Attitude of some seems to be.. I want to go to football, but I don't dare unless thousands of other people are not allowed to. 

That second line is very true.

Fortunately, you could also argue that the attitude of some (others) seems to be "I don't care about anyone else, and am not prepared to follow the current guidelines and/or rules/laws, nor actively engage in social distancing, or wear a face mask when told to do so.  I will not be dictated to, and I am so tough, virile and manly, even a pandemic virus doesn't scare me!".

Balances things out nicely, from what I can see. 

You don’t watch the news much, do you pal?

13 hours ago, David said:

Pretty much sums up how I've took it.

My thoughts are below, just thought I'd use your post to write my thoughts down @sage

For those in for example the West Upper that pay top tier prices for a family of 3 or 4, I can understand they are a little concerned at the prospect of being entered into the ballot to be left with "just" a RamsTV pass. 

Maybe the club should have stopped to consider mentioning any refund policy for games missed so we know where we stand, but I'm sure those details will come in time, from reading the update it appears that they have seen fans feedback which will have come from social media and this forum which triggered a response, and I'm sure this topic has also been read and your voices have been heard.

I feel for the club though, the government have been so wishy washy throughout this pandemic with no clear guidance and having to find a fair way to keep 25k supporters happy.

The club could have refunded all season tickets, ran on a ballot for individual tickets only, but even then some would not be happy having attended every game for X years as some fan strolls up and takes a Forest ticket having only been to Wembley in recent years.

We also must remember that outside the Championship, ticket revenue is a large percentage of club revenue, we don't have the luxury of falling back on a cushty Sky Sports deal like the Premier League can. Those that purchase season tickets really do help the club by putting some cash in the bank.

We're all sat here bemoaning the lack of transfer activity, how we're heading for a dull season, just remember the club is in a precarious position financially, sitting here complaining of the lack of signings whilst also accusing the club of trying to pull a sly one telling season ticket holders they may miss a few games feels a bit off to me, come on now, isn't this a time when we should all come together?

Not everyone will be in the financial position to do so and thats no problem, just understand that this season is not a normal one and that you may have to go without seeing a game at all, that's not punishment for not being "loyal", it's a pandemic that has caused major disruption to all our lives with no clear path to normality as yet and the club appear to trying their hardest to find a solution that gets them through the season.

I'm watching other Championship clubs with interest, see which direction they are going in, many have yet to release any information at all, just don't compare us with Premier League clubs, as I say they are financially secure thanks to their TV deals, it's not remotely the same position.

Not just aimed at Derby but football clubs is general, but they should not be taking advantage of their customers by charging top whack for an inferior product, in the long run this could have an adverse effect on income as goodwill is lost.

Also any other struggling business would be looking to reduce outgoing as well as maintaining income. The biggest outgoing is player wages and at the end of the day it the income is not there to support them it needs to be addressed.

35 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Fortunately, you could also argue that the attitude of some (others) seems to be "I don't care about anyone else, and am not prepared to follow the current guidelines and/or rules/laws, nor actively engage in social distancing, or wear a face mask when told to do so.  I will not be dictated to, and I am so tough, virile and manly, even a pandemic virus doesn't scare me!".

As a compromise how about 2 stands where you must wear a mask and 2 stands where it is optional.

The 2 stands with mask wearers would obviously be full to capacity if masks keep you safe and stop you from spreading it.

The 2 stands where it is voluntary would have to have social distancing in place so probably about 1/3rd capacity.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not just aimed at Derby but football clubs is general, but they should not be taking advantage of their customers by charging top whack for an inferior product, in the long run this could have an adverse effect on income as goodwill is lost.

Also any other struggling business would be looking to reduce outgoing as well as maintaining income. The biggest outgoing is player wages and at the end of the day it the income is not there to support them it needs to be addressed.

Have we not been doing that by reducing the wage bill over the last few Windows? 

8 minutes ago, David said:

Have we not been doing that by reducing the wage bill over the last few Windows? 

But that was only offloading previous excesses. 

Even if we have got our wage bill down £15m to £20m in the last couple of years it is still going to be about the same as our income.

12 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

As a compromise how about 2 stands where you must wear a mask and 2 stands where it is optional.

The 2 stands with mask wearers would obviously be full to capacity if masks keep you safe and stop you from spreading it.

The 2 stands where it is voluntary would have to have social distancing in place so probably about 1/3rd capacity.

Either way it's a private business. They ask me to wear a mask, I'll respect that. Not going to bother with all the faff of limited capacity though. I'm a season ticket holder, I pay for consistency ?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

But that was only offloading previous excesses. 

Even if we have got our wage bill down £15m to £20m in the last couple of years it is still going to be about the same as our income.

So what’s the plan then, drop the wage bill further so we don’t have the players to compete at this level, try to maintain the same level of income through ticket revenue, sponsorships, merchandise in League 1?

The possibility of missing out on a few games has angered some already, I’m not sure going down and charging the same ticket prices would fly very well.

5 minutes ago, David said:

So what’s the plan then, drop the wage bill further so we don’t have the players to compete at this level, try to maintain the same level of income through ticket revenue, sponsorships, merchandise in League 1?

The possibility of missing out on a few games has angered some already, I’m not sure going down and charging the same ticket prices would fly very well.

Well when it has reached the point where MM seeming no longer wants to fund the losses and we are having to take loans from private companies to see us through the season, something will have to be done.

11 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Well when it has reached the point where MM seeming no longer wants to fund the losses and we are having to take loans from private companies to see us through the season, something will have to be done.

So what’s the something, and as fans of the club what do you propose we do to help?

55 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

And who actually has this attitude? Have you guys come across people walking the streets touching strangers, coughing on them? Spitting, unnecessarily touching everything? People are being respectful of each other. It's the assumption of everyone who is not me is a bad person, breaking 'rules' and being unhygienic and doing so intentionally.

If people are worried about other people, they should avoid them. Including at the footy. I just think it's strange there are people who wouldn't/won't even go to the shop once a week for supplies, now want to go to the footy ?

For season ticket holders, you sit in the same seat, next to the same person every week. You sit shoulder to shoulder but you don't have to touch anyone and you don't need to touch anything except your seat. It's also open air. That's a far better environment than a pub, restaurant, supermarket, etc. 

After reflecting on this. 

I have sent the club an email asking for a season ticket refund but if they could guarantee a reasonable refund on a per match basis if I wasn’t allowed to attend live games at Pride Park then I would reconsider and keep my season ticket. 

To be fair that is what they may be considering.

Up the Rams 

My email was worded like this 

Please could you refund my season ticket as I don’t want to watch games on Rams TV .

I don’t agree with having to apply to watch games live and season ticket sales starting up again making the whole thing a lottery. 

Also please could I have my 17 percent Option 1 refund from last season 

Regards 

Edited just now by Curtains

1 minute ago, David said:

So what’s the something, and as fans of the club what do you propose we do to help?

As I said, the wage bill is the biggest expense and that is the obvious starting point.

As fans we continue to support the club through buying the product on offer.

Personally I think asking fans to pay for a product which may not be on offer is a massive pr disaster.

Of course it may be that all of the details has not been released but surely someone could see that the press release left more questions than answers?

Archived