Season Ticket Update / Refunds

Animal is a Ram

11 minutes ago, rammieib said:

£420 for a season ticket (or sorry - minus my 10% discount) so £380.

I may get a handful of games for this - and the rest on Rams TV.

It's a hell of a lot of money for a handful of unknown games and the rest on the tv. If I read correctly its 23 home games plus 10 away games (which would be on the red button anyway). Lets also ignore how many times sky will show us.

So it comes down to how desperate am I for a ST to be guaranteed a few games which I don't know what they are.

Also - if I renew, do I use my 10% (20% discount for some) discount this year whilst those who choose not to renew, will their discount roll onto next year?

Final point - I do believe there will be much bigger crowds allowed in after Christmas.

I have tried to watch games on a 6 inch screen but I have difficulty viewing it properly so I won’t be bothering with the Rams TV option ( Sky TV will have to do) and I will go when more people can attend and I will obviously look to renew for 21/22 but it seems a shame to not have a season ticket after having one for so long ( the wifey will be rather confused) 

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well a season ticket to attend games is sold at less than the cost of number of games x seat price. So I wondered whether there might be a similar season ticket for those watching the season on RamsTV - what's not reasonable about that? But as expected prices have been set by the EFL.

You won't be buying a season ticket for RamsTV though will you? You'll just be buying per game and I don't think £10 a go is too bad at all.

2 hours ago, nottingram said:

So as I read it, you pay full price (less any refunds chosen as part of the options for last season) for a ST which gives you the opportunity to apply to go to games but will otherwise give you access to 30 games on RamsTV, essentially worth £300? Or have I misunderstood?

Seems pricey but reasonable and happy to help the club out in this time. 

I reckon there is a load more information to come. For example, I would imagine that if you apply to go to a game but are unsuccessful, you'd get some kind of refund as well as RamsTV. 

45 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It’s going to be difficult for families who attend for example 2 parents 2 children to be all drawn in a ballot ? And if they can’t go getting Rams TV for a known cost of £10 compared with the cost of 4 season tickets purchased seems very harsh.

I agree but let's see the further information to follow before we all get too critical.

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

While there's RamsTV to compensate for not being let in, I'd love to go, but understand that I might not be able to.

The club is in an impossible position. Some people are going to be upset, simple as that. Although I think it's a little unreasonable.

Considering the latest stats from the CDC, this Covid-19 fear needs to end. Don't feel safe? Avoid everyone and everything for as long as you want. Stadiums should be opened up again, properly. 

11 minutes ago, Carnero said:

It doesn't reference the discount though does it?

On another reading, you're right - but would be a bit of a Gibson move to save your seat but let the discount reset.

Hope they've taken the ticket office types of furlough... there's going to be a lot of phone calls headed their way!

38 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I have tried to watch games on a 6 inch screen but I have difficulty viewing it properly so I won’t be bothering with the Rams TV option ( Sky TV will have to do) and I will go when more people can attend and I will obviously look to renew for 21/22 but it seems a shame to not have a season ticket after having one for so long ( the wifey will be rather confused

For god's sake man, don't tell her!

Surely this isn’t right. I have paid over £500 for my season ticket back in Feb, as well as the boy’s ticket. If I don’t get to go I can watch it on Rams TV for free, which would normally cost £10. I think for a category A seat I would be expecting a refund as well. Same point as families who might have 4 season tickets costing over a thousand in total - a £10 ‘freebie’ doesn’t really cover that does it. Maybe more information is on the way but there has to be some sort of refund as well surely? 

I think another poster’s suggestion of moving season tickets already sold forward a year and then selling the limited number of actual seats on a game by game basis to existing holders would be a fairer way? 

See what further details come out I suppose but hopefully this has already been thought of.

I’m a bit confused by their statement. 

What about those that want their seat for 21/22 but do not want to renew for this season? Either because they don’t want to go when it’s not “proper”, because they’re vulnerable or because it’s cheaper for 1 person in a household to buy Ramstv and don’t need everyone to renew. 

Nothing been said about that?

Clear as mud that is. If you renew your season ticket for this season, do you get a refund on however many games you’re not allowed to attend or what? I get doing matches on a rota basis, but if I can’t attend half the games I’d want more than the RamsTV subscription in compensation. I’ll probably renew for this season if we will get refunded, but if it’s just RamsTV I’ll probably leave it until next season and just buy the games.

I won't be renewing, I'll watch on rams tv. 

I know it's not a good position for the club to be in but I don't want to buy a ticket and to have uncertainty if I'll be allowed to attend or not.

12 minutes ago, Srg said:

I’m a bit confused by their statement. 

What about those that want their seat for 21/22 but do not want to renew for this season? Either because they don’t want to go when it’s not “proper”, because they’re vulnerable or because it’s cheaper for 1 person in a household to buy Ramstv and don’t need everyone to renew. 

Nothing been said about that?

I think you'd just buy Rams TV at £10 if required and your seat will be waiting for you come next season's renewal.

As an older couple  who renewed before shutdown was even mentioned (silly us!) we are now in a difficult position.  We will obviously take the Rams TV option where offered, but we'd still be paying out about £38 between us for £10 worth of Rams TV. The midweek away games are a bit of a bonus as no additional outlay there.

I would have liked to see weekend away matches included in the offer too as then a straight swap with our season tickets wouldn't have seemed too bad. We will now have to spend extra on any of those not on Sky. This seems to be an EFL wide decision so not much Derby could do about it.

Will we go to matches if offered? Still not sure, hubby is chomping at the bit but the more I venture out the more I worry about it as I witness lots of people paying no heed to this virus at all. 

13 minutes ago, angieram said:

I think you'd just buy Rams TV at £10 if required and your seat will be waiting for you come next season's renewal.

But you shouldn’t have to. If you live in a family of season ticket holders, you’re not gonna waste £40 on ramstv per game when only watching on one tv. 

If we have to attend with a maximum of 8k in attendance will we be forced to wear Middlesbrough shirts just so we get the full experience ?

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

As an older couple  who renewed before shutdown was even mentioned (silly us!) we are now in a difficult position.  We will obviously take the Rams TV option where offered, but we'd still be paying out about £38 between us for £10 worth of Rams TV. The midweek away games are a bit of a bonus as no additional outlay there.

I would have liked to see weekend away matches included in the offer too as then a straight swap with our season tickets wouldn't have seemed too bad. We will now have to spend extra on any of those not on Sky. This seems to be an EFL wide decision so not much Derby could do about it.

Will we go to matches if offered? Still not sure, hubby is chomping at the bit but the more I venture out the more I worry about it as I witness lots of people paying no heed to this virus at all. 

I reckon we (ST holders) will start getting in games by Oct, initially 1 in 2, then 2 in 3 and so on. It's not ideal but i hope to see half to 2/3 of the home games in the flesh.  

Archived