Season Ticket Update / Refunds

Animal is a Ram

4 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

No transfer fee so far cheaper than replacing with a million plus player

If your argument is that it would be cheaper for us to have re-signed him than replace him then that is potentially correct but very simplistic. Would depend on wages as well as the fact that a million plus player would go into our asset register from which we may make profit from in future. There is also no evidence whatsoever we will replace him with a million pound plus player

If your argument is that Bristol City are not paying a fee then yes clearly that is true  

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Back on topic,we really could do with knowing more details on the season ticket situation....

It wouldn't take much to persuade me to renew,just a reasonable refund for matches I'm not able to attend on top of the rams TV offer. 

I agree. I’ve already renewed but it doesn’t seem unreasonable to provide the information you need before any others renew. Presumably, the further information will come well before the new deadline.

2 hours ago, islandram said:

How come every post on here gets turned into a Chris Martin post. people need to get over he’s left accept he’s gone move on for god’s sake.

We are over it. But we reserve the right to flag up a poor decision if we believe it weakens us. And it does weaken us. I support the Club BUT I want to see good players in Derby shirts. I want skilled footballers who will win us games. We will not replace CM CHEAPER for the same standard. 

6 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

We are over it. But we reserve the right to flag up a poor decision if we believe it weakens us. And it does weaken us. I support the Club BUT I want to see good players in Derby shirts. I want skilled footballers who will win us games. We will not replace CM CHEAPER for the same standard. 

I wasn't going to but....let's remember he was offered a deal, negotiations went on for a while, we're not sure what deal that was and unlikely to ever know, but ultimately he turned it down. It's unfair to say it was a poor decision without knowing what was offered and remained on the table, as you know Mel has always backed his manager all the way which is why we saw Will Hughes leave.

@islandramdoes have a point though, a topic on season tickets and refunds is completely unrelated and this isn't really the topic to be discussing Martin in, of course his name will crop up over time as will Nigel Clough, Johnny Russell and a number of others but it really has on a whole been to death now and as a community discussing it in our main board should look to move on without erasing him completely from our history. 

12 minutes ago, David said:

I wasn't going to but....let's remember he was offered a deal, negotiations went on for a while, we're not sure what deal that was and unlikely to ever know, but ultimately he turned it down. It's unfair to say it was a poor decision without knowing what was offered and remained on the table, as you know Mel has always backed his manager all the way which is why we saw Will Hughes leave.

@islandramdoes have a point though, a topic on season tickets and refunds is completely unrelated and this isn't really the topic to be discussing Martin in, of course his name will crop up over time as will Nigel Clough, Johnny Russell and a number of others but it really has on a whole been to death now and as a community discussing it in our main board should look to move on without erasing him completely from our history. 

1DC96BE4-8307-4979-B6FF-06A857061CB1.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

1DC96BE4-8307-4979-B6FF-06A857061CB1.jpeg

So did we offer 2 years and that's it, or 1 year plus 12 months? Either way he turns 32 in a couple of months, that would have seen him until he's 34, is that so wrong from the club? This is still a topic on season tickets and refunds, I think that's what's getting to a few people as every topic for the last few weeks goes down this path which is what @islandramwas pointing out thats all.

On 02/09/2020 at 16:25, Uptherams said:

Considering the latest stats from the CDC, this Covid-19 fear needs to end. Don't feel safe? Avoid everyone and everything for as long as you want. Stadiums should be opened up again, properly. 

Disagree with everything you say here. You only need to see what is happening in France , Spain and Germany this virus is still with us. 
cant be an us and then will all have to cooperate until the virus is beaten. 
Places with a lot of people in an enclosed space is prime germ spreading environment. You might not be “scared”now  but you might be If you catch it and get
ill or catch it and spread it to your family and friends. 

1 hour ago, David said:

So did we offer 2 years and that's it, or 1 year plus 12 months? Either way he turns 32 in a couple of months, that would have seen him until he's 34, is that so wrong from the club? This is still a topic on season tickets and refunds, I think that's what's getting to a few people as every topic for the last few weeks goes down this path which is what @islandramwas pointing out thats all.

Yes @David; please forgive my transgression. I’m disappointed and who knows what may happen next and I promise not to say “told you” if Bristol City, my alma mater, go up this season with the Wardrobe having banged in 18 goals for the Robins. 

50 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Disagree with everything you say here. You only need to see what is happening in France , Spain and Germany this virus is still with us. 
cant be an us and then will all have to cooperate until the virus is beaten. 
Places with a lot of people in an enclosed space is prime germ spreading environment. You might not be “scared”now  but you might be If you catch it and get
ill or catch it and spread it to your family and friends. 

Of course it is still with us. But the latest stats from the CDC confirm this is less of a risk than the Flu. I've mixed with lots of people, including many very old relatives and family and friends who are allegedly high risk. If some people want to live in fear then they can. The rest of us will carry on as we already are. 

A football stadium is open air. Go to a restaurant, the pub, the gym, into the city center a supermarket and a cinema. You can do that all in one day. Mixing with thousands of people. 

2 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Of course it is still with us. But the latest stats from the CDC confirm this is less of a risk than the Flu. I've mixed with lots of people, including many very old relatives and family and friends who are allegedly high risk. If some people want to live in fear then they can. The rest of us will carry on as we already are. 

A football stadium is open air. Go to a restaurant, the pub, the gym, into the city center a supermarket and a cinema. You can do that all in one day. Mixing with thousands of people. 

Why are you referring to a foreign countries disease control ? They are in the thrall of Trump . If all you say is true don’t you think that BoJo and his money loving mates would be chasing the £££ if they thought they could safely. 
Football stadium isn’t open air totally and a full ground you are exposed to a lot of people plus in the concourses and toilets. 
we will have to agree to disagree on this one. 

5 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Why are you referring to a foreign countries disease control ? They are in the thrall of Trump . If all you say is true don’t you think that BoJo and his money loving mates would be chasing the £££ if they thought they could safely. 
Football stadium isn’t open air totally and a full ground you are exposed to a lot of people plus in the concourses and toilets. 
we will have to agree to disagree on this one. 

What? ?

Schools are open now. They will be fine throughout this month. More justification to properly open stadiums to home fans. ?

If anyone thinks that football crowds are safe because they’re outdoors I beg to differ. A bloke sits next to me and his fag and beer breath floor me. So many times I’ve felt the heat of his breath when he’s taunting the away fans. Also I’ve seen saliva fly through the air. No, I don’t feel that kind of stuff is safe. 

7 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

If anyone thinks that football crowds are safe because they’re outdoors I beg to differ. A bloke sits next to me and his fag and beer breath floor me. So many times I’ve felt the heat of his breath when he’s taunting the away fans. Also I’ve seen saliva fly through the air. No, I don’t feel that kind of stuff is safe. 

Wear a mask then..

3 hours ago, sage said:

What would be interesting is to find out how many people have renewed already. if I hadn't renewed yet, that information could be the deciding factor. 

Yes. This is the bit where I think the club is being a bit disingenuous. 

Because as things stand, I might have a chance of attending one in two home matches. 

Now they have opened up sales again, that might fall to one in three - or worse. 

My position with a season ticket bought and paid for months ago is looking less attractive by the minute.

And they aren't telling the potential new buyer what they might (or might not) be getting for their money either.

14 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

Why, does he have Covid?

Of course he could have. Wearing a mask doesn't protect you from Covid, it protects other people. 

People who don't wear masks don't get this. They think they're ok, but they don't know that. None of us do.

Archived