Season Ticket Update / Refunds

Animal is a Ram

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I seriously hope I don't have to arrive/enter 2 hours before kick off, particularly in a mid winter freeze-fest!  ?
I live a 30 minute stroll away, (or 20 min dash) and am used to reaching the turnstiles with less than ten minutes to kick off!  By the time I've nipped to the gents, and grabbed a cuppa, I usually enter the stand literally seconds before kick off (I have an aisle seat, so stop thinking what you're thinking!  ?)

Just about to write a strongly worded rebuke... thinking you were that annoying berstard who come in just as the “‘ball sponsored by” nonsense is announced...

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it is what it is.

The EFL have hamstrung the clubs regarding what they can give you on the streaming package and the goverment will have the final say on when we can attend the games again and the numbers allowed.

Derby County still have bills and wages to pay and need all the help we can give them so they can survive.

I'm hardly loaded, but if my season ticket money helps to keep the club ticking over until all this crap is over. they are welcome to it.

21 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Are we assuming streaming rules are still the same for those of us who travel abroad a lot at weekends?

I will be Interested to see. Matches have been made available to overseas fans and at a cheaper price than UK fans In the past and that's ok because the intention is to incentivise local fans to attend matches not watch online. 

if overseas fans still get a cheaper rate and access to more games while local fans are unable to attend it will be another example of the EFL total incompetence and disregard for local fans.

I suspect overseas rules will be the same as before but I may be wrong 

Not sure there’s much point in splashing the best part of £500 to effectively get entered in a draw to see a small number of games with virtually no atmosphere and access to online streaming that only costs £10 a game (and that I don’t actually care about watching).... pleased they’re reserving seats for the following season but I’m wondering whether I’ll be bothered to go again after 18 months without live football....

3 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

pleased they’re reserving seats for the following season but I’m wondering whether I’ll be bothered to go again after 18 months without live football....

i reckon there will be a fair few who aren't sure, I know my dad doesn't seem keen already,  and the chap who sits next to him who is the same age as him has said he's done with it.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

i reckon there will be a fair few who aren't sure, I know my dad doesn't seem keen already,  and the chap who sits next to him who is the same age as him has said he's done with it.

That’s my concern - renewal is something you do automatically after a number of years (and even when I’ve wavered, I’ve kept going to make sure I didn’t lose the seat I’ve had since the stadium opened) - an enforced gap and missing so many games makes you question why you’re going and whether it’s worth the effort - I suspect a considerable number will be in the same boat and we could have quite a dip in season ticket numbers when things return to normal.....

So, £650 to enable me to be entered into a lottery to attend a 2/3 empty stadium with no atmosphere to watch sideways/backwards football, which if I don’t “win” I get to watch on TV.

This is severely testing my loyalty. I really want to support my Club . . . 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

So, £650 to enable me to be entered into a lottery to attend a 2/3 empty stadium with no atmosphere to watch sideways/backwards football, which if I don’t “win” I get to watch on TV.

This is my argument 

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This is my argument 

Decided to renew to support the Club. Tried to renew online...technology failed saying "Your seats are already occupied"!.

Phoned the ticket office. Recorded message saying "not open". E-mailed the ticket office. . . 

As Graham Taylor famously said , "Now then, THIS IS A TEST!". 

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Are we assuming streaming rules are still the same for those of us who travel abroad a lot at weekends?

I wouldn't...I got option 3 which was 10% + Rams TV when I got to France in July I found out that it did not work as the agreement was with Sky and the country you go to may have sole rights so Rams TV blocked it, so don't count on it.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I think the chances will be quite high though, our home support is ‘county and beyond’ based rather than just city based. Realistically I don’t think we will see thousands wanting to travel by train/public transport. Say we have 3,000 fans in and around Matlock and the surrounding area. How many would be willing to travel for a game of football? That’s not even considering the supporters who are less able.

Realistically your pool falls to around 10,000 or below quite naturally as far as I can see, and probably why the club have gone for this approach. It encourages those in the surrounding areas of Derby who can feasibly get there with little issue whilst hinting that it’s maybe not worth it for those a bit further away. 

I’m one of the fortunate few who are fine with this. I bought my season ticket know ing that I wouldn’t be able to go to matches anyway - health, age and distance. I decided I could afford it as I’ll be saving 3 times that amount by not traveling to games.

Like others of you I was willing to gift that to the club, so getting the free stream is great for me. I know it’s because I can afford it but if it helps to keep the club going then I’ll do it.

I’ve been to games with my dad, my sons, my granddaughters and my great granddaughter and I want it to be there for future generations.

We Well having thought about it long and hard since yesterday and taking into consideration that I tried to renew last March but everything went to pot and then I tried to renew in July but the system didn’t let me before the cut off date and despite emails from me asking to reset my password etc and the club responding with we will get in touch with you which they never did. 

I can only see limited opportunity to actually watch games in the flesh and I would have to be seated alone ( because my mate who went with me can’t go because I used to pay for his match tickets and he doesn’t have an actual season ticket - yes strange) 

i don’t want to watch a soulless game on a very small screen ( poor eyesight) so Rams TV isn’t much good to me thank you very much and I do get sky football and we will be on that a fair bit I suspect. 

To compound the games to be missed if I had chance to go I am due to be away for two very short breaks of 4 days at a time and yes I would miss 4 home games anyway.

not to mention the restrictions that will be in place in terms of entering and leaving.

whist there are lots of external things affecting Derby county currently in terms of what it can and can’t do it is still a business and I buy a season ticket to sit in my seat and watch live games when we are either entertaining or not and what is currently on offer is not what I want to experience so I won’t be renewing at this point. I will of course look to renew for the following season if everything is better and I would buy match tickets if the opportunity arises. 

I will be able to watch Mickleover sports though it seems ! 

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

.....I will be able to watch Mickleover sports though it seems ! 

No you won't  - they've changed their name to Mickleover FC (and there are only 600 season tickets on sale due to the restrictions so get in quick if you want one - must admit I've considered going for one instead of joining the Pride Park Lottery Syndicate)

16 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We Well having thought about it long and hard since yesterday and taking into consideration that I tried to renew last March but everything went to pot and then I tried to renew in July but the system didn’t let me before the cut off date and despite emails from me asking to reset my password etc and the club responding with we will get in touch with you which they never did. 

I can only see limited opportunity to actually watch games in the flesh and I would have to be seated alone ( because my mate who went with me can’t go because I used to pay for his match tickets and he doesn’t have an actual season ticket - yes strange) 

i don’t want to watch a soulless game on a very small screen ( poor eyesight) so Rams TV isn’t much good to me thank you very much and I do get sky football and we will be on that a fair bit I suspect. 

To compound the games to be missed if I had chance to go I am due to be away for two very short breaks of 4 days at a time and yes I would miss 4 home games anyway.

not to mention the restrictions that will be in place in terms of entering and leaving.

whist there are lots of external things affecting Derby county currently in terms of what it can and can’t do it is still a business and I buy a season ticket to sit in my seat and watch live games when we are either entertaining or not and what is currently on offer is not what I want to experience so I won’t be renewing at this point. I will of course look to renew for the following season if everything is better and I would buy match tickets if the opportunity arises. 

I will be able to watch Mickleover sports though it seems

This was my thoughts really, if I can’t get to Pride Park it’s probably the time to stick some money into the local non league side from time to time.

Perfect scenario for me:

Be able to get a rams tv package (not sure I’d commit to every game if I’m paying £10 every time just because it gives the option to do something else with my time)

For away games not on rams tv that I can access the radio Derby commentary. Which presumably if you can get a rams tv package then that would be part of it.

Be able to attend non league once a month.

Then Derby still get some money, I can help a local club and watch some live football.

Archived