Season Ticket Update / Refunds

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

I actually thought that a better and fairer plan would have been to let everyone keep their entitlements and moved into season 21/22 as they have done - great. 

Refund every season ticket sold for this season and have an open ballot ( maybe just open for season ticket holders last season) to purchase tickets on a match by match basis and unsuccessful fans in the ballot could watch Rams TV for £10. 

What do others think? 

My Baggies ST holder mate told me that this is what they are doing. Announced today

29 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I would have been happy if they had decided not to start to selling more season tickets from tomorrow making the situation worse as regards who can attend live games while Covid 19 restrictions are active 

A tad selfish though isn't it? Easy for the likes of you and I that managed to renew in time.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Might be wrong here but, I thought when options were offered at the end of last season, we were told we could have access to ALL behind closed doors games?

Can anybody else remember what option 3 was?

I asked for option 3

a weekend away with Ewie.

24 minutes ago, Curtains said:

But they have no idea how many will renew in the next month ! 

I'd assume it would be like the last renewal period, and they'll close sales early if the target is hit. 

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that season ticket holders will pretty much get to go every game, and the amount missing out will be very small and probably given a guaranteed seat at the next game.

It's not going to be perfect, it's going to be a pain in the arse quite frankly, going in at set times, leaving at set times, we'll probably have to state in advance how we will travel to the game, so they can organise parking, who knows when public transport to and from the ground will run, and I'm including pub buses etc in that.

Temp checks on the way in, probably have to show some form of Photo ID too for track and trace, and to make sure seats aren't being swopped around between family and friends.

A decade ago a friend of mine had a burger van pitch at Pride Park, £20k a season that cost him, I don't imagine it's any cheaper now, so they'll be gone, no chance of turning a profit.

TL;DR.

Going to the match will probably be awful for the foreseeable future, if you haven't renewed probably best not to bother.

With my covid related discount, I've paid £351.20 to renew my cat D seat in the NE corner (Renewed the night before they suspended sales).

Worst case is 23 x home games plus 7 mid-week away games (is that right?) on Rams TV valued @ £10 = £300, plus at the very least, I'll "stand a chance of attending a game/some games", if and when any of us are allowed back in. 

Obviously, how much of a chance remains to be seen, as we know not how many will be allowed in, and how many STH's we'll have by that stage. 

Yes, it would be nice if any missed games = RamsTV plus a partial refund, but not the end of the world if that doesn't materialise.

With the known facts as they stand, I'm happy to go along with this, whilst hoping for a little more, but no way will I be kicking off!

I hasten to say, I sit in the cheap seats, and therefore don't fork out cat A prices.  I also go alone, and am not part of a family of 4 STH's (for example) that will be huddled around the one TV screen.

What pisses off some, is acceptable to others, I guess.

I wouldn't say I'm on to a winner here, but I appreciate that it's looking much less negative for me than it is for (some) others.

The sooner we get more info the better, otherwise the naysayers are gonna get louder... understandably, it seems!

?

14 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

My Baggies ST holder mate told me that this is what they are doing. Announced today

It's a lot easier to do with the Prem TV money though.

If we'd have gone up, all our season tickets would be free, it would have been the perfect season to do so, from the club's POV.

14 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Might be wrong here but, I thought when options were offered at the end of last season, we were told we could have access to ALL behind closed doors games?

Can anybody else remember what option 3 was?

I think that was for the remaining games of last season:

Option 3: 10% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal Plus Free RamsTV Subscription for Home and Away Behind Closed Doors Matches

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

You could see it as supporting the club financially through a very difficult period.

For all we know, those renewals may be the difference between having a club to support or not.

Not to dig you out specifically because lots of people are saying the same thing.

It's complete crap. We are the club, as fans. It's why MK Dons wasn't a real team when it first formed, but it is now. Also why Glasgow Rangers never died.

I care not a jot for this specific branding of my local football club we call "Derby County Football Club". The phoenix club, whilst frustrating we would start from the bottom, would have my support immediately at very little personal cost.

4 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Not to dig you out specifically because lots of people are saying the same thing.

It's complete crap. We are the club, as fans. It's why MK Dons wasn't a real team when it first formed, but it is now. Also why Glasgow Rangers never died.

I care not a jot for this specific branding of my local football club we call "Derby County Football Club". The phoenix club, whilst frustrating we would start from the bottom, would have my support immediately at very little personal cost.

That's fine, nothing to disagree with there.

I'm just talking from a personal perspective, I don't mind lending the current incarnation a very very small hand.

If it went tits up, I'd be right behind any Newco that replaced it.

53 minutes ago, Red Ram said:

Certainly a better solution than the one they've come up with and avoids creating a cash flow crisis by not requiring refunds across the board. Only problem is some fans may die (of Covid for example) in the intervening period so will have paid for absolutely nothing?

Fans could die at anytime but offer a refund at any point clause with it. Can’t see why anyone would unless it’s a genuine reason.

Improves cash flow for now - Appreciate it does kick that issue down the road a little bit but we have the problem now anyway.

This announcement today is shocking, absolutely shocking and really takes the P out of fans.

7 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah it isn't. I've took it as that my seat this season will not go on sale to anyone else until the 21/22 season goes on sale.

Yes although what is not clear is whether you would lose your loyalty bonus or be able to renew at the 'best rate' as technically you would not be renewing from the most recent season.

25 minutes ago, GrimsbyRam said:

Yes although what is not clear is whether you would lose your loyalty bonus or be able to renew at the 'best rate' as technically you would not be renewing from the most recent season.

The £400ish saved this year will dwarf any loss of loyalty bonus though. Good chance they may still offer it you (us... as I am going to “pause” my ST) anyway.

2 hours ago, Curtains said:

Anyhow I’ve emailed the ticket office for a refund on my season ticket 

PS I’m still waiting for last seasons refund 

I love Derby County though .

Good luck with that. I’m still waiting for a refund for 3 Millwall away tickets from 14th March ?

I seriously hope I don't have to arrive/enter 2 hours before kick off, particularly in a mid winter freeze-fest!  ?
I live a 30 minute stroll away, (or 20 min dash) and am used to reaching the turnstiles with less than ten minutes to kick off!  By the time I've nipped to the gents, and grabbed a cuppa, I usually enter the stand literally seconds before kick off (I have an aisle seat, so stop thinking what you're thinking!  ?)

56 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

The £400ish saved this year will dwarf any loss of loyalty bonus though. Good chance they may still offer it you (us... as I am going to “pause” my ST) anyway.

think i am too given that I travel 200 mile round trip per match so a decent saving on fuel too.  I struggle with the midweek drive as it is when a full stadium....also not clear is what happens IF during season the stadia rules go back to normal, would the ability to live stream games in the UK change (ie. removing the £10 per game stream offer to those that do not renew).

Archived