Season Ticket Update / Refunds

Animal is a Ram

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

As a compromise how about 2 stands where you must wear a mask and 2 stands where it is optional.

The 2 stands with mask wearers would obviously be full to capacity if masks keep you safe and stop you from spreading it.

The 2 stands where it is voluntary would have to have social distancing in place so probably about 1/3rd capacity.

I could be wrong, but I'm not aware that masks "keep you safe and stop you from spreading it".

I can't speak for others, but my personal approach... rightly or wrongly... is that the wearing of a mask reduces the risks, both incoming and outgoing.  Sometimes I consider that a risk worth proceeding with, sometimes not, depending on any given circumstance. 
I certainly wouldn't fancy being in a full stand, sitting so close to so many for such an extended period of time, even with a mask on. 
20mins constantly on the move in a supermarket, not so bad!

I do find, however, that the fact that we are all different, is terribly exciting!  I was starting to get bored with life, but this killer virus has perked me up no end!  All this thrill and living with danger... beats doing a charity sky dive, any day of the week!

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

And who actually has this attitude? Have you guys come across people walking the streets touching strangers, coughing on them? Spitting, unnecessarily touching everything? People are being respectful of each other. It's the assumption of everyone who is not me is a bad person, breaking 'rules' and being unhygienic and doing so intentionally.

If people are worried about other people, they should avoid them. Including at the footy. I just think it's strange there are people who wouldn't/won't even go to the shop once a week for supplies, now want to go to the footy ?

For season ticket holders, you sit in the same seat, next to the same person every week. You sit shoulder to shoulder but you don't have to touch anyone and you don't need to touch anything except your seat. It's also open air. That's a far better environment than a pub, restaurant, supermarket, etc. 

You said "some people", so I deliberately responded with "some other people".

You now seem to be concentrating solely on each extreme, apparently ignoring all the people in between.  We therefore appear to be on different wavelengths.

No, I haven't personally witnessed the deliberate coughing, touching and spitting to which you refer, so I guess that's me beat!  Congratulations on a fine victory.

#staytoughorgohome 

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

As I said, the wage bill is the biggest expense and that is the obvious starting point.

As fans we continue to support the club through buying the product on offer.

Personally I think asking fans to pay for a product which may not be on offer is a massive pr disaster.

Of course it may be that all of the details has not been released but surely someone could see that the press release left more questions than answers?

Fans that renewed early did so knowing full well they were taking a risk that they might not even be able to enter the stadium this season.

Those that have renewed from Thursday did so having read the clubs update, which I have seen some do, supporting the club which you proposed we do, I don’t see how it could be a PR disaster when social media had many of examples of fans renewing despite lacking more information.

@Mucker1884 made an excellent post somewhere which mentioned the confusion over 3 options fans had regarding last seasons season tickets.

Now imagine the club putting out an update with if this happens please refer to option 1d, unless that happens then you have a choice between 4a and 6c.

We could go into full lockdown again in a few weeks, season gets called off completely, who knows, expecting a full list of terms & conditions covering various scenarios would need to be written on a bog roll.

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

You said "some people", so I deliberately responded with "some other people".

You now seem to be concentrating solely on each extreme, apparently ignoring all the people in between.  We therefore appear to be on different wavelengths.

No, I haven't personally witnessed the deliberate coughing, touching and spitting to which you refer, so I guess that's me beat!  Congratulations on a fine victory.

#staytoughorgohome 

Some people won't go outside unless everyone is wearing a mask and gloves at all times. Guess that makes all the rest of us selfish disgusting morons. ?

19 minutes ago, David said:

Fans that renewed early did so knowing full well they were taking a risk that they might not even be able to enter the stadium this season.

Those that have renewed from Thursday did so having read the clubs update, which I have seen some do, supporting the club which you proposed we do, I don’t see how it could be a PR disaster when social media had many of examples of fans renewing despite lacking more information.

@Mucker1884 made an excellent post somewhere which mentioned the confusion over 3 options fans had regarding last seasons season tickets.

Now imagine the club putting out an update with if this happens please refer to option 1d, unless that happens then you have a choice between 4a and 6c.

We could go into full lockdown again in a few weeks, season gets called off completely, who knows, expecting a full list of terms & conditions covering various scenarios would need to be written on a bog roll.

Surely a simple 'fans will be compensated for matches that are unable to obtain tickets for, details to be released in due course' would have sufficed for now.

Everyone I have spoken to about it, thinks it was a pr disaster. And my mates that previously were going to renew are now having second thoughts, basically leaving me as the only one of our group of 7 that actually has purchased their ticket.

10 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Surely a simple 'fans will be compensated for matches that are unable to obtain tickets for, details to be released in due course' would have sufficed for now.

Everyone I have spoken to about it, thinks it was a pr disaster. And my mates that previously were going to renew are now having second thoughts, basically leaving me as the only one of our group of 7 that actually has purchased their ticket.

Confused is getting to be the buzzword.

Lets not tell people facts as they may get confused.

DCFC should have communicated the refund policy on this season as it’s pretty easy IMO 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm waiting on them to provide details about half season ticket renewal instead. Would rather watch first half of the season at home than all this messing about. If they say you can have your seat (half season) but have to pay by 31st December 2020, we'd likely go with that. 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Just don’t see it, I mean the update says it’s a temporary restriction, a small number of fans that have season tickets may miss a couple of games, just feels like a massive overreaction to be honest.

Especially when you consider that some fans will miss the odd games when on holiday or Sky tinker with the fixtures moving games.

On those few games you might not be allowed to attend you can still watch it online, plus 7 midweek games. These restrictions might not even go that far to even cover it if there is no spike in cases.

All that lost VAT on unsold tickets when the government will be looking to recoup the furlough, grants and eat out payments, can’t see the restrictions lasting that long.

I don’t know, like I say feels like a massive overreaction as usual, don’t doubt what your friends have said but I’ve seen a few on this forum and social media say they have renewed so I can’t be the only one.

Will step back and let others have a say as I’m only repeating myself at this point which will bore everyone reading this

1 minute ago, David said:

Just don’t see it, I mean the update says it’s a temporary restriction, a small number of fans that have season tickets may miss a couple of games, just feels like a massive overreaction to be honest.

Especially when you consider that some fans will miss the odd games when on holiday or Sky tinker with the fixtures moving games.

On those few games you might not be allowed to attend you can still watch it online, plus 7 midweek games. These restrictions might not even go that far to even cover it if there is no spike in cases.

All that lost VAT on unsold tickets when the government will be looking to recoup the furlough, grants and eat out payments, can’t see the restrictions lasting that long.

I don’t know, like I say feels like a massive overreaction as usual, don’t doubt what your friends have said but I’ve seen a few on this forum and social media say they have renewed so I can’t be the only one.

Will step back and let others have a say as I’m only repeating myself at this point which will bore everyone reading this

Never boring David .

I believe you have made me see sense on this in a lot of ways. 

Keep up the good work. 

I will always be a Rams fan 

These are unprecedented times and to be fair it’s not easy for DCFC. 

Look forward to happier times. 

25 minutes ago, David said:

I understand the arguments for and against but just think it is the latest in a growing number of instances of poor communication with the fans.

Maybe a case of reap what you sow as there were a lot who wanted MM to stop being the public face of DCFC.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

But that was only offloading previous excesses. 

Even if we have got our wage bill down £15m to £20m in the last couple of years it is still going to be about the same as our income.

It might be down a bit more than you think, if various articles have any truth to them.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/04/26/Derby-county-face-race-against-time-agree-wage-deferral-deal/

John Percy, so likely to be correct, from the end of April

as their wage bill is around £30m

Even the Daily Mail, who are perennially negative about us, went with similar a few days earlier

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8250731/Derby-stars-withdraw-offer-defer-25-wages-Wayne-Rooney-remains-locked-talks.html

The Rams' wage bill is believed to be between £30m-£35m.

And then there was this from the Telegraph, but not John Percy, a couple of days after his article

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/04/28/Derby-county-players-agree-wage-deferrals-club/

The expectation is that the club’s wage bill will fall by about £10 million this summer as contracts expire.

So we might be looking at a wage bill of £20m-£25m for next season depending on how other outgoings and incomings balance out, in pre-Covid times that was comfortably below the income.

32 minutes ago, sage said:

i've heard various figures between 17 and 33% 

So at max that would be circa 10,000.

Which is roughly half our current season ticket base (ie what we had last season)?

So on a fag packet basis - if everyone renewed you'd get to half the games

We await more info I guess

25 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

So at max that would be circa 10,000.

Which is roughly half our current season ticket base (ie what we had last season)?

So on a fag packet basis - if everyone renewed you'd get to half the games

We await more info I guess

From the people who I have seen who have had season tickets for many years the vast majority have stated that they will not be renewing, that’s just a token 20 people and out of them 4 said they will renew or have already renewed pre covid. If that small token amount of people do not renew then obviously it will be a lot easier for people to get to games most weeks with the rules 

On 04/09/2020 at 08:57, David said:

I don't usually like to disagree with you but we renewed in February when they hadn't even closed the grounds yet (but I fully admit we started to see warning signs)

That said - I'm happy to go with whatever the club thinks is best and if that means watching the games from the comfort of my flat in London (and saving money on train fare!) I can live with that

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I don't usually like to disagree with you but we renewed in February when they hadn't even closed the grounds yet (but I fully admit we started to see warning signs)

That said - I'm happy to go with whatever the club thinks is best and if that means watching the games from the comfort of my flat in London (and saving money on train fare!) I can live with that

Steady on now. This is not the forum for such reasonable and understanding posts as yours. Where is all the "it's a disgrace", "why haven't the club told us everything we need to know by now", "we're being ripped off", "I'm not giving up my seat and potentially sitting somewhere with a worse view". "why did we sell Chris Martin" (oops wrong thread).

Archived