Season Ticket Update / Refunds

Animal is a Ram

14 minutes ago, David said:

Let’s say your posts made the difference, someone took your posts and said look we have a problem here. Full credit to you.

Do you not think you could give your feedback in a more respectful way?

Anger and outrage isn’t the only way, especially to a club that doesn’t deserve it, I posed the question many times on this topic, when have the club shafted us? 

Organisations can get things wrong, it happens, let’s say this was never the intention, I just think you could have perhaps got your feelings across in a more respectful way that’s all. 

After a few pints, walk into a kebab shop I’m the politest customer you will ever find, reason being I don’t want to be that arse who ends up with bodily fluids in my chicken donner.

No harm in showing a little patience and understanding on a Saturday night when they are having to deal with a number of issues.

David - different fans show a different level of anger or frustration. I don’t back away from my original perspective and way of convening it. I felt like the proposal originally was a rip-off and stand by that. (I used strong language, I didn’t swear!!)

Ive read through the Q and A now. I think the club have reacted to fans anger and frustration and changed their Original intended deal (Shall we call that doing a Poznan?). Had everyone been Mr ‘Nicey Nicey‘ then we may never have got this offer. Had some fans just taken your approach, we may never have got this offer. Was it done purely on season ticket sales being low? The fact is we will never actually know. 

Right now - the club is basically offering me 21/22 ST (As I doubt fans will attend this season due to the calamity of our Government although I hope normality does come back) AND free coverage to watch games on Rams TV. The only negative (which is completely offset by Rams TV anyway) is the 10% off benefit I’ll get now, when 21/22 comes around I may need to pay 10% more. As I say though, Rams TV offsets this by substantially more.

So credit where credit is due, they’ve taken our feedback, our frustration, our mild criticism, our strong criticism and our anger and updated their offer and I think it’s more than generous now.

Ill be renewing tonight to support the club with cash flow in the times we live in.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, rammieib said:

David - different fans show a different level of anger or frustration. I don’t back away from my original perspective and way of convening it. I felt like the proposal originally was a rip-off and stand by that. (I used strong language, I didn’t swear!!)

Ive read through the Q and A now. I think the club have reacted to fans anger and frustration and changed their Original intended deal (Shall we call that doing a Poznan?). Had everyone been Mr ‘Nicey Nicey‘ then we may never have got this offer. Had some fans just taken your approach, we may never have got this offer. Was it done purely on season ticket sales being low? The fact is we will never actually know. 

Right now - the club is basically offering me 21/22 ST (As I doubt fans will attend this season due to the calamity of our Government although I hope normality does come back) AND free coverage to watch games on Rams TV. The only negative (which is completely offset by Rams TV anyway) is the 10% off benefit I’ll get now, when 21/22 comes around I may need to pay 10% more. As I say though, Rams TV offsets this by substantially more.

So credit where credit is due, they’ve taken our feedback, our frustration, our mild criticism, our strong criticism and our anger and updated their offer and I think it’s more than generous now.

Ill be renewing tonight to support the club with cash flow in the times we live in.

We’re all different I guess and go about things in our own ways, I won’t say try and remember this next time as you say you have no regrets and that’s fine.

Just happy that you now have options you feel comfortable with. Just hoping the grounds are open soon though as I fear for the long term future of clubs if grounds remain empty.

So I renewed my ST, selecting the 10% discount for 20/21 and free Rams TV for remaining 19/20 games.

Due to the uncertainty and not living in Derby, I'm going to cancel (?)

So far I have paid:

£51.38 in July 

£54.97 in August

£54.97 in September

Totalling £161.32 paid so far.

I will be watching Derby v Reading 12/09/2020 on Rams TV, so I presume the refund will be less £10, so £151.32 refund??? Hoping they won't kick up a fuss about me watching that game tomorrow! It's a a challenging and complex situation isn't it.

Just noticed...

Supporters renewing/purchasing their season tickets have until 12pm Friday 11th September to ensure they get an access code for the Reading game.

...so does this mean that because I only renewed at 2pm yesterday they won't be sending me a code, so I'll have to pay £10 today?

What specific email address would you email them with about this? It tells you to read the FAQs before contacting them, but doesn't go on to give you an email address if the FAQs don't answer your question, which is bad of them.

9 hours ago, Anna said:

PS I'm not happy about cancelling ? but not living locally and waiting on "what-ifs" for getting allocated a ticket isn't easy for me.

But...

ill be back GIF

I don't quite follow why you're cancelling. If you don't allocated a ticket you'll get a refund anyway from what I recall.

Seems like a no lose situation; fans let in and you get allocated a ticket - happy days.

Fans not let in or you're not allocated a ticket - you get a refund and free RamsTV for the game.

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Just noticed...

Supporters renewing/purchasing their season tickets have until 12pm Friday 11th September to ensure they get an access code for the Reading game.

...so does this mean that because I only renewed at 2pm yesterday they won't be sending me a code, so I'll have to pay £10 today?

What specific email address would you email them with about this? It tells you to read the FAQs before contacting them, but doesn't go on to give you an email address if the FAQs don't answer your question, which is bad of them.

website@dcfc.co.uk

9 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Cheers

Sorted within 3 minutes of sending the email.... because I asked nicely ?

That's good then. I think the cut off point is just so the club can ensure they are sending codes out to all people that have renewed in time for the game. Will help them out massively I'd guess so that they aren't faffing about on a matchday, and they can deal with any code issues in good time then before kick-off. ? 

1 hour ago, Coconut said:

Just noticed...

I just renewed and didn’t see that until afterwards ?‍♂️

sent email to the address @Davidgave so hopefully they are working today ?

18 hours ago, David said:

Let’s say your posts made the difference, someone took your posts and said look we have a problem here. Full credit to you.

Do you not think you could give your feedback in a more respectful way?

Anger and outrage isn’t the only way, especially to a club that doesn’t deserve it, I posed the question many times on this topic, when have the club shafted us? 

Organisations can get things wrong, it happens, let’s say this was never the intention, I just think you could have perhaps got your feelings across in a more respectful way that’s all. 

After a few pints, walk into a kebab shop I’m the politest customer you will ever find, reason being I don’t want to be that arse who ends up with bodily fluids in my chicken donner.

No harm in showing a little patience and understanding on a Saturday night when they are having to deal with a number of issues.

Good points on both sides but the whole issue could have easily been avoided by the club including the clarification issued yesterday as part of the original announcement a couple of weeks ago. They have, after all, had the entire summer to think about it and nothing has fundamentally changed in the last two weeks other than that they have received negative feedback from supporters. Anyway, all's well that ends well but if there are any lessons to be learned for next time it's that the club need to communicate better with its fans, not that the fans should respond better to poor communication.

Archived