Season Ticket Update / Refunds

Animal is a Ram

8 minutes ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

Seems to me, if this is all there is to it, that those who renewed early and those who have renewed as part of a family group are going to be right royally shafted. It doesn’t really make sense and certainly isn’t fair. 

Before you start speculating about being right royally shafted and being unfair why not wait for the full details to be released?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Exactly.

By allowing more people to buy season tickets they will create a lottery on who goes to games. The rest have to suffer games on  RamsTV 

So much for renewing early 

Did anyone from the club ever say that renewing early would give you some kind of priority? It was just speculation, including from me.

51 minutes ago, Curtains said:

So just basically wasted my money renewing my season ticket .

Thanks. 

How have you arrived at such a negative view? 

By renewing you will get free RamsTV for home games plus some away games and the potential to get to go to some games. Who knows, you may even get some kind of refund to compensate for having to watch the games on TV instead of being there. If you hadn't renewed you'd have to pay for every home game on TV (either via RamsTV or Sky), you wouldn't get the away mid week games and you wouldn't have a chance of getting to PP until full capacity is allowed. How is that a waste of money?

Out of interest, what would you have liked them to do?

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Did anyone from the club ever say that renewing early would give you some kind of priority? It was just speculation, including from me.

Nope they didn’t. I renewed before all this blew up, mainly out of naïveté of the situation that was lurking, thinking, expecting it would pass. I imagine some, like me, renewed expecting all to be rosey. 

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

By renewing you will get free RamsTV for home games plus some away games and the potential to get to go to some games. Who knows, you may even get some kind of refund to compensate for having to watch the games on TV instead of being there. If you hadn't renewed you'd have to pay for every home game on TV (either via RamsTV or Sky), you wouldn't get the away mid week games and you wouldn't have a chance of getting to PP until full capacity is allowed. How is that a waste of money?

Personally,I think they just needed to include details of refunds for matches you are not permitted to attend....with that information I would be able to decide whether to renew or not.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Before you start speculating about being right royally shafted and being unfair why not wait for the full details to be released?

Hence the sub-clause ‘if this is all there is to it’. One can only speculate on the information given, which didn’t mention refunds of any kind, whereas for the end of last season it was mentioned straight away. 

Myself and other posters are merely pointing out that if no refunds are given then it is grossly unfair. If the club do intend on making partial refunds again you would have thought that this would have been mentioned in this press release, would you not? 

I think it is reasonable to discuss the situation based upon the information given to us thus far. If refunds are mentioned in subsequent information releases then we can all say fair enough and discuss that then, but for now ....

5 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Nope they didn’t. I renewed before all this blew up, mainly out of naïveté of the situation that was lurking, thinking, expecting it would pass. I imagine some, like me, renewed expecting all to be rosey. 

I renewed after this had blown up, but before sales were paused.

All I asked for in the comments box was for early renewer's to have their seats sprayed a golden colour, to mark out the proper fans.

2 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I renewed after this had blown up, but before sales were paused.

All I asked for in the comments box was for early renewer's to have their seats sprayed a golden colour, to mark out the proper fans.

I also want a gold plaque in place of my seat number. 

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I would have been happy if they had decided not to start to selling more season tickets from tomorrow making the situation worse as regards who can attend live games while Covid 19 restrictions are active 

Just now, Curtains said:

I would have been happy if they had decided not to start to selling more season tickets from tomorrow making the situation worse as regards who can attend live games while Covid 19 restrictions are active 

I doubt season ticket sales will balloon to their normal heights this season. 

Myself lad were going take up discount offer and renew seats around the 20th July. As everyone knows the club due to Covid stopped selling season tickets. 

We are now reluctant with all the uncertainty and health reasons to commit to buying/ renewing our tickets this season. 

We will of course (if things get back to normal) god willing, hope to buy our season tickets for season 21/22 and return to our old seats. 

The question i have what will happen to our discount does given to use for loss of matches at start of this season does that carry forward in season 21/22 if choose not go this year ?

Just now, Curtains said:

That I can agree with, but we simply don't know what the reduced capacity will be yet? 

Maybe the club do, and know they can sell more to reach the reduced capacity, plus a few percent to cover non attendee's.

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

That I can agree with, but we simply don't know what the reduced capacity will be yet? 

Maybe the club do, and know they can sell more to reach the reduced capacity, plus a few percent to cover non attendee's.

But they have no idea how many will renew in the next month ! 

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The club need to address refund issues if season ticket holders aren’t allowed to attend live games and have to watch on Rams TV .

The two things don’t equate. 

They have. You get RamsTV for free instead of £10 per game

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

The more I think about this, the worse the offer gets.

If you buy a ST (either you already have or are about to), basically you're paying for a guaranteed Rams TV connection to home games and away midweek and the chance to go to some games. Basically a lot of money for not a lot of product.

If as I hope after Christmas we will be back to no restrictions, then a half year ST or game by game tickets are fine for me.

For any family household who have purchased tickets (2 or more) and they are giving you in return Rams TV as an option - that's just awful. I feel for you guys a lot.

I have to say - the poster who said - just push any ST's onto the 21/22 season and let games this season go into a game by game basis - that would be much fairer. Hell - even make the game by game tickets ONLY available to those who purchase a 21/22 season ticket. That would be much fairer and better way of doing it.

Certainly a better solution than the one they've come up with and avoids creating a cash flow crisis by not requiring refunds across the board. Only problem is some fans may die (of Covid for example) in the intervening period so will have paid for absolutely nothing?

Archived