Will we make the play-offs #2

Ellafella

Will we make the play-offs #2  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will we make the play-offs #2

• No
    • Yes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/20 at 11:30

The Play-off final is on August 4th and the Premier League starts on September 8th. How on earth is whoever gets promoted meant to give players time off to rest + get a team together capable of competing in the Premier League+ have some sort of pre-season to get the players to gel in 5 weeks? 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DCFClks said:

The Play-off final is on August 4th and the Premier League starts on September 8th. How on earth is whoever gets promoted meant to give players time off to rest + get a team together capable of competing in the Premier League+ have some sort of pre-season to get the players to gel in 5 weeks? 

We'll worry about that after winning on August 4th.

49 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

We'll be fine, Cocu and his backroom staff are so professional and with Rooney directing operations on the field I'm expecting a mid table finish. ??

12 hours ago, DCFClks said:

Not something we will have to worry about.

13 hours ago, europia said:

It seemed to me that the ref had absolutely no choice but to give a red to Waghorn. Maybe I missed something? 

I'm definitely in a minority on this one and watching it back I have changed my mind. Ref was correct.

The mad thing is, if Swansea get anything other than a win against Leeds tomorrow, we're still going to be 3 points off the playoffs come the Cardiff game on Tuesday. I don't reckon we will make it, but we'd be close enough that there's still every chance we could. 

Crazy. Only one point from the last three games and we're still only three points outside the play offs.

Win on Tuesday and the worse we'll be is two points adrift with two to play.

Still a no for me. I can't see us picking up more than four points from the last three games. 

Think not unfortunately. Too many teams around us. Would have to win last three and that might not be enough. I think Hamer has been made a scapegoat recently. Overall, the team has not been good enough this season to compete with the top sides. The youngsters we have coming through are very exciting and next season could be great unless we have a massive points deduction. 

It’s going to be really close, three wins are probably needed and even that won’t guarantee us anything. We have three tough games and we are going to have to be at our best to win them but hopefully, Cardiff will be tired after playing Fulham, Leeds will be off it a bit through fatigue and already being up (the thought of leeds going up is depressing), and Birmingham will have nothing to play for. 

We’ve probably got just a little bit too much left to do, and any slip ends any hopes, but it’s going to be an exciting run to the finish line. Whatever happens I think we can be happy with the season overall, the youngsters developing, the philosophy taking hold, and the management being stable, represents good forward progression for a club which has been standing still, and in many respects regressing, for a long time. 

Win our next 3 and we’re there in my opinion. I don’t think we will though, it could be helped if Leeds are already up but I still don’t think they’ll drop their performance even if they’re already promoted.

10 hours ago, Kernow said:

Win our next 3 and we’re there in my opinion. I don’t think we will though, it could be helped if Leeds are already up but I still don’t think they’ll drop their performance even if they’re already promoted.

With three games left, we are still in the running. The eventual 6th place finisher will face WBA or Brentford and the gap to 6th seems huge. If Forest finish 5th and probably play Fulham then they may have a decent chance of making the final. In football, anything can happen. In any case, it has been an intriguing season and will probably go down as one of the most important transition seasons in recent memory with s massive shift to playing academy trained players in the first team. For me, Millwall still have the easiest games on paper to make the play offs if we beat Cardiff. COYR

The pressure seems to have got to Cardiff just as I expected (hoped) it would under their manager. They're now looking over their shoulder which should favour us tomorrow. Some tough games for our rivals tomorrow and Wednesday, with two of the facing each other, two others playing top 5 sides, and the other a resurgent Stoke fighting the drop.

Millwall vs Blackburn
Brentford vs Preston
Forest vs Swansea
Bristol vs Stoke

It's crazy how after just 1 point from the last 9, a 3 goal win vs Cardiff could see us move up to 6th!
As long as we stay within 3 points of 6th over the next couple of games, I fancy our chances of sneaking in to 6th on the final day.

7 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The pressure seems to have got to Cardiff just as I expected (hoped) it would under their manager. They're now looking over their shoulder which should favour us tomorrow. Some tough games for our rivals tomorrow and Wednesday, with two of the facing each other, two others playing top 5 sides, and the other a resurgent Stoke fighting the drop.

Millwall vs Blackburn
Brentford vs Preston
Forest vs Swansea
Bristol vs Stoke

It's crazy how after just 1 point from the last 9, a 3 goal win vs Cardiff could see us move up to 6th!
As long as we stay within 3 points of 6th over the next couple of games, I fancy our chances of sneaking in to 6th on the final day.

With any luck - draw, home win, home win, away win. Feel a little dirty with the last two, but hey.

No predictable games there though. The only one I'm a little certain of is Brentford.

Archived