Will we make the play-offs #2

Ellafella

Will we make the play-offs #2  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will we make the play-offs #2

• No
    • Yes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/20 at 11:30

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

I think you can safely delete this thread

Ah well, see you next season. At least at times we got to watch flowing football, whereas you will poohouse your way to finish above us and get humped in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

It's all over now. However, if we beat Brentford on Saturday, we go level with Cardiff with them still to play!

That’s a bit of a contradiction isn’t it? It all over now but it could be all still to play for.?

I can’t see us getting much out of the Brentford game but, stranger things have happened.

I said no before tonight so, obviously, my view hasn’t changed.

For me it’s not about can we make it any longer; it’s the last 2 performances. Especially tonight, we had no stomach for the fight, no grit but patience in abundance. No courage and a strange belief that if we keep making endless sideways passes somehow we’ll break a team down. WBA could’ve had a bag of sand in goals tonight, such was our complete lack of threat. Sure we had 8 youngsters on the pitch by the 70th minute but nothing changed. So not disappointed by the result but the powder-puff, sterile and tepid spirit shown. 
And the official was a stinker. I’ve seen better refs officiating on a Sunday morning. 

ps. And somebody dented my car tonight ?

No, we will not make the play offs unfortunately. Not really quite good enough to take on the stronger teams for the run in. The idiotic red cards in the last few games haven't helped. Not sure what that's all about. Lack of discipline ?? 

18 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Next 2 fixtures...

Cardiff have Fulham & us

Swansea have Leeds & Forest

Preston have Forest & Brentford

We have Brentford & Cardiff

Oooooofffffff!!!

looks like the table will show who is still in the mix after those matches.  I predict Preston will fall out the race for 6th spot by losing both or only getting a point fom both matches. Its possible for Cardiff to lose away to Fulham, Swansea would have to beat Leeds at home and get a result at Forest. We simply need to get 6 points to have a chance. We would want Leeds to win their next 3 matches (Stoke home, Swansea away and Barnsley home), with Westbrom losing their next 2 (Blackburn away and Fulham home). That would have them coming to Derby as champions, with no desire to play at full pelt.

9 hours ago, lukedcfc said:

We would be making up the numbers to be honest, the last two games have shown that. We should focus on next season, this season has still been a good one. Roll on next season. 

We'd make up the numbers (probably) and get lots of dosh for new signings and wages!

23 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

2 out of three down to poor reffing:

Lawrence no issues-idiotic

Waghorn harsh by ref yellow at best

Sibley totally useless referee

First two definitely reds. 

Sibley also knew what he was doing flicking his boot upwards. Just thought the ref might be more sensible and realise both were being petulant. 

I was sent off for much the same thing when someone grabbed my leg and wouldn't let go. 

It's bloody frustrating and I understand Sibley's annoyance. 

12 hours ago, Andicis said:

Might be just as well not to be in them. We will not win the playoffs, plus the extra rest between seasons could be beneficial for once, since it will probably be a fast turn around time. 

Very good point. We would have a chance of scraping through via the play offs but, as you say, the turnaround could be very short so it will be tough for the team that goes up as well as those that fail.

Every cloud......

12 hours ago, Ellafella said:

For me it’s not about can we make it any longer; it’s the last 2 performances. Especially tonight, we had no stomach for the fight, no grit but patience in abundance. No courage and a strange belief that if we keep making endless sideways passes somehow we’ll break a team down. WBA could’ve had a bag of sand in goals tonight, such was our complete lack of threat. Sure we had 8 youngsters on the pitch by the 70th minute but nothing changed. So not disappointed by the result but the powder-puff, sterile and tepid spirit shown. 
And the official was a stinker. I’ve seen better refs officiating on a Sunday morning. 

ps. And somebody dented my car tonight ?

Don't agree at all about the spirit. I can see what we are trying to achieve. Our start in the game and generally for the first half we played some lovely football. Even the Sky Commentators were purring over it. Going into the game we had very limited potential for goals in the team. If all fit and available I would have expected Marriott, Waghorn & Lawrence all to play. With more quality up front (movement as well as goal threat) it could have could easily have been us that grabbed the first goal not them and then we potentially see a different outcome.

For sure we won't.

Our last 3 performers sums it all up.

After Lawrence's red carde we haven't showed willingness and heart to win games. It's only backpassing and playing back to the defense or keeper.

No one to take initiative.

We need that leader in the team to go forward and to keep the spirit to go for shoals and win and to risk something.

We're nor going to get to playoff like that' and I don't know why our manager can't get that message out to the players.

1 minute ago, twinthe_12 said:

For sure we won't.

Our last 3 performers sums it all up.

After Lawrence's red carde we haven't showed willingness and heart to win games. It's only backpassing and playing back to the defense or keeper.

No one to take initiative.

We need that leader in the team to go forward and to keep the spirit to go for shoals and win and to risk something.

We're nor going to get to playoff like that' and I don't know why our manager can't get that message out to the players.

That should be Rooneys job.  Whether he's being hampered by the coaching element of his appointment and doesn't have the comfort factor to make changes on the field during play because of this I don't know.  I think ultimately, if you have enough players not comfortable in there position or young with a few games they won't be confident to fulfill anything but there exact role for fear of error - we have a lot of that at the moment.

Before the Forest game i looked at the fixture list and reckoned we'd get 4-5 points out of the last 6 games and im still

of that opinion. This would give us 64-65 points which i dont think has ever been enough to get into the top 6.

11 hours ago, FindernRam said:

2 out of three down to poor reffing:

Lawrence no issues-idiotic

Waghorn harsh by ref yellow at best

Sibley totally useless referee

It seemed to me that the ref had absolutely no choice but to give a red to Waghorn. Maybe I missed something? 

Archived