Will we make the play-offs #2

Will we make the play-offs #2  

191 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple, forced-choice yes or no. Six cup-finals to go against the top teams In the Championship and Birmingham City. The last poll was 49-51 against us doing it. Have our 2 subsequent victories raised confidence or made it more likely that PC’s men will peter our. Either way, if Carlsberg did run-ins to finish in the top 6 . . . 

Poll closes at 12:30 tomorrow prior to ko against F@rest. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So maybe the likelihood is that we won't quite make it, but even if we don't, we will have all enjoyed a damn fine few months which will tee us up nicely for a real go in the coming season. I don

It's in ours. If we win all games, we're in the playoffs no matter what. 

The fact is that for the second half of the season we have been one of if not the best team in the division. Why all of a sudden are we viewing ourselves as almost inevitably going to struggle against

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The massive Severnside Derby this weekend will see a complete turnaround in Bristol's form and grab an unexpected win against their welsh rivals. It's a free hit for us tomorrow - worst case is we'll still be 1 point behind 6th spot.

🎶 Always poop on the Welsh side of the bridge 🎶

Results have really gone our way, we have won all our games (with mixed performances) but are still outside the play offs.. 

I look at the games left and think the odds are against us. There is realistically one easily gettable place left...and we play away against them. 

If we lose that game we are toast. We also have Forest, the top 3...

Just can't see everything keep going our way. 

Hope springs eternal and it would be sooooo good to make it.. .but the odds are still against us for my money. 

It's a no for me, but certainly not disappointed if we dont make it, what a come back we have had after lockdown.

Our run in is horrific compared to say Cardiff.

Fulham losing Mitrovic for 3 games, Cardiff losing Adomah and Preston having a few problems, could help us out, but we need to beat some bloody good teams.

Forest, Cardiff, Brentford, Leeds, West Brom 😳

Me and My Dad were discussing this the other day. He thinks it's a No, and I think it's a Yes!

4 wins, 1 draw and 1 defeat is my optimistic prediction and I think 73 points will be enough to clinch 6th.

I think we'll win Tomorrow and Wednesday but the run will end with a defeat against Brentford setting up a tasty game vs Cardiff. So long as we don't lose that game we'll be alright. 

After that there will be 2 games left and I think we'll win them both. I think Leeds will be promoted by the time we play them and will be like Liverpool last night i.e not motivated so an easy 3 points. My Dad  reckons they'll want revenge for last year but I don't think they'll care.

After the Leeds game, Birmingham shouldn't be much of an issue (famous last words)

2 minutes ago, DcfcMatt said:

We've won all of our 3 matches since the restart, rising from 12th to 7th, closing the points gap from 5 down to 1 and yet the vote is more negative! Typical Derby fans!

Yeah but we’ve also lost two defenders and an attacker in that time.

Millwall, Reading and Preston are a different proposition to Forest, West Brom and Brentford.

If we don’t lose any more players we know we can score goals and when it clicks we are great to watch, but I feel the battles will come too thick and fast for our thinning squad.

Really, really, really hope I’m wrong!

Cardiff are bang average I don't know why people are worried about them, they will pick up about 8 or 9 points from their 6 remaining games taking them up to 69/70 points. So we need 4 wins including beating them which is tough but not that improbable if we are on top form. We need to beat Forest I reckon, beat them and I think we will beat WBA as well becuase of the momentum we will have and I think Forest will be a harder game than WBA as they are on average form and we always do well against them as their midfield is nothing special. Leeds and Brentford will be tough but I think we can get a point from those 2 games then win against Cardiff and Birmingham and we will be there. Away form goes out the window so every game is basically played on our home form so really I don't see it as that unrealistic for us to make it, Forest game will be one of the hardest if we win tomorrow I think the chances of us making it go up a lot. Don't think we miss Lawrence much at all if I am honest, if anything having Knight in the side over him may help us as although he is younger he plays like a more experience player with Lawrence playing like the youngster, he offers more defensively and passes it more , Lawrence can get goals out of nothing but based on his overall play I'm not bothered too much about missing him.

It’s still a no from me, though it’s a much closer call now after our recent run. Top 6 is certainly a more realistic possibility now. It’s just the difficulty of our run in really that makes me doubt that we’ll make it - I just can’t see us keeping this run going. It would take levels of consistency not seen by a Derby team in my lifetime really. Hope the lads prove me wrong though and rack up another 6 wins!

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

If bogle is out that could scupper us abit but Lowe can play quite well as a right back so it would be a downgrade but not make or break , if we loose Sibley, Clarke or Rooney that's when we would be looking a bit screwed.

Bogle will be fit. Cocu very confident. I suspect Dogs will target him after his boob at their place. Psychology.

Edited by Ellafella