Will we make the play-offs #2

Ellafella

Will we make the play-offs #2  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will we make the play-offs #2

• No
    • Yes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/20 at 11:30

9 hours ago, Topram said:

Cardiff will do exactly what Forest did yesterday when we go to them, will we be able to break them down? It’ll be tough to win that’s for sure

I agree. That Neil Harries plays dreadful football and when he speaks about a game its all aggression, work-rate, attacking balls etc etc 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Need a point off West Brom to keep the momentum going.

A point is no use.

you must think it’s Christmas ? 

14 minutes ago, RamNut said:

A point is no use.

you must think it’s Christmas ? 

It's not an unreasonable assumption that 10 points could be enough to secure a playoff spot.  For that scenario to play out, a point against Cardiff (not WBA) is likely to be not good enough.

The assumption that Cardiff, Millwall or Swansea are going to win five straight appears unlikely to me.  Yes I'd agree that I'd prefer the 3 points against the Baggies, but 1 point could be significant.

Now excuse me, I need to buy some mulled wine.

3 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I've just had a thought. Might it be good for us if Leeds wrap up promotion and the title early? Let's say they win the league the game before they come to Pride Park. They might end up doing a Liverpool vs City.

Oh I think it's likely. To be honest the fixtures I'm most concerned about are Brentford due to their excellent form and Cardiff because it's a must win game.

Forest was another and I think getting a point from that game so we are 3 rather than 4 points behind Cardiff is massive.

17 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I agree. That Neil Harries plays dreadful football and when he speaks about a game its all aggression, work-rate, attacking balls etc etc 

What we always struggle against 

Marriott's back in training apparently. The West Brom game will be too soon for him, but there's a chance he'll be fit enough to come off the bench and score a 99th minute vs Leeds in 2 weeks time. That'll be the goal which moves us up to 6th, and we stay there when we beat Birmingham on the last day.

I think a win is a must and if Cardiff win tonight, they would move onto 67 points. A gap that would seem a bit large at this stage. There should be no reason why we can't win though. Will be tough. if we avoid a points deduction, next season could be quite exciting with our young players making progress.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Cardiff winning. If we don't win tomorrow, the playoff hopes are over.

Not necessarily, although very unlikely we do it.

It was always going to be a massive long shot that we did it, results have been going for us, but Cardiff seem to be that one club that get results out of nothing.

Of all the clubs I dont want to lose out to is Cardiff, I bloody hate them.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Not necessarily, although very unlikely we do it.

It was always going to be a massive long shot that we did it, results have been going for us, but Cardiff seem to be that one club that get results out of nothing.

Of all the clubs I dont want to lose out to is Cardiff, I bloody hate them.

It's a 6 point gap with 5 to play. If Cardiff win the game, and we don't beat WBA it's virtually impossible for us to still make it. 

Archived