RamsTV Streaming | How to Watch

Day

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I think it means Rams TV will stream our home matches and will be able to charge away fans or non-season ticket holders to watch them, regardless of kick off time or whether the match is on Sky TV. They will probably make some offer to season ticket holders similar to last season. 

We'll probably have to pay the away clubs for our away matches if we want to see them. 

The article says the clubs' websites; each club will have their own way of streaming. 

Presumably if a match is selected for Sky TV, those of us who have Sky can watch it there instead if we wish. 

Now that's the kind of news that gets the juices flowing for us armchair fans. ?

I just wanted to play around with the numbers a little bit: 

Sky Sports pay £119 million a year for the exclusive live rights for EFL games and the Carabao Cup but are sympathetic to the plight of the clubs who will be denied a considerable proportion of their usual ticket revenue for the foreseeable future. 

As we know, the Football League consists of 72 teams in three divisions. The Carabao Cup consists of all 92 league clubs over seven rounds. In essence, they pay £119m for the rights to 3,312 live league games and 85 cup games. 

We know the Netflix format has been discussed with regards to the Premier League, but would it end up revolutionising the Football League. 

It would take just under 1,000,000 subscribers at £120-a-year (£10-a-month) to recoup the Sky Sports fee. It's just under 14,000 per EFL club. The club could also get their own advertising fees, etc. I would guess that the demand would depend on who would be in the Championship. I would feel confident that more than 15% of the required subscribers would come from the best 5 supported teams in the EFL, so this year: Derby, Forest, Wednesday, Sunderland and Norwich. If the product was good enough then general football fans would no doubt be interested, especially if the price isn't bad. The top clubs in the Championship generally pull over 300,000 viewers on Sky. 

The opportunity to have access to every single game, like NFL Gamepass, would obviously have a huge pull. This could also be run in conjunction with Sky, whereby the Sky games selected are blacked out on this Netflix format. You would then, potentially, be able to get a similar deal with Sky and offer this service on top. 

The deal we've got with Sky is extremely poor, not necessarily the fee they pay, but the terms of the deal are so restrictive. Sky REALLY don't need to have the rights to every game and then decide not to show 90% of them. The cash boost to League One and Two sides, if they were able to offer this package, would be huge. It would really offer a breath of fresh air into the lower leagues.

The only issue could be that some fans would stop going to the games, although I personally feel that people don't go to games because they can't see it on the TV. It's a lot more than that. 

10 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I just wanted to play around with the numbers a little bit: 

As we know, the Football League consists of 72 teams in three divisions. The Carabao Cup consists of all 92 league clubs over seven rounds. In essence, they pay £119m for the rights to 3,312 live league games and 85 cup games. 

We know the Netflix format has been discussed with regards to the Premier League, but would it end up revolutionising the Football League. 

It would take just under 1,000,000 subscribers at £120-a-year (£10-a-month) to recoup the Sky Sports fee. It's just under 14,000 per EFL club. The club could also get their own advertising fees, etc. I would guess that the demand would depend on who would be in the Championship. I would feel confident that more than 15% of the required subscribers would come from the best 5 supported teams in the EFL, so this year: Derby, Forest, Wednesday, Sunderland and Norwich. If the product was good enough then general football fans would no doubt be interested, especially if the price isn't bad. The top clubs in the Championship generally pull over 300,000 viewers on Sky. 

The opportunity to have access to every single game, like NFL Gamepass, would obviously have a huge pull. This could also be run in conjunction with Sky, whereby the Sky games selected are blacked out on this Netflix format. You would then, potentially, be able to get a similar deal with Sky and offer this service on top. 

The deal we've got with Sky is extremely poor, not necessarily the fee they pay, but the terms of the deal are so restrictive. Sky REALLY don't need to have the rights to every game and then decide not to show 90% of them. The cash boost to League One and Two sides, if they were able to offer this package, would be huge. It would really offer a breath of fresh air into the lower leagues.

The only issue could be that some fans would stop going to the games, although I personally feel that people don't go to games because they can't see it on the TV. It's a lot more than that. 

You mention NFL, and that's key in this comparison as they've offered similar things for years. It's important to note that they do not televise games in the local area (state) if the stadium is under x% full. This is how they stop the issue of nobody attending just to watch at home.

What about season ticket holders who haven't been allowed to renew? My son went online on the Tuesday they ended renewals, with the cut-off time at 12.00pm. He went on at 10.30, and they had already closed renewals. Will we get the matches as if we had renewed?

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

What about season ticket holders who haven't been allowed to renew? My son went online on the Tuesday they ended renewals, with the cut-off time at 12.00pm. He went on at 10.30, and they had already closed renewals. Will we get the matches as if we had renewed?

No announcement but as someone else who has yet to renew I am not expecting anything in that respect.

If I am honest I am still glad my Dad and Me didnt renew as now we can pay a tenner between us and watch together, I think a lot of people will be in similiar positions where multiple people will watch having paid one lot £10

I suppose if one family member has a low cost season ticket for whatever reason then its a good deal to have paid that and get free rams tv, but for those paying the top rates with 2,3,4 people in the family paying them it will be interesting to see what recompense is offered to season ticket holders who have paid as they could easily have shelled out 1k,2k plus per family group for something with a value of £460, and lets face it with X amount of games on sky and people not being able to watch every game anyway its probably not worth that much.

I would hope its not a 'lets call it quits' on the cost of Rams tv if you have a season ticket.

Its not easy for clubs as no one knows when or if any fans will be allowed to games this coming season, im glad im not having to make decisions.

I did wonder if those that hadnt renewed might be offered some sort of 'Rams tv' season ticket at a reduced rate, but then im happy paying casually at £10 to split the cost because i know i wont be able to watch all games anyway.

2 hours ago, Paul71 said:

No announcement but as someone else who has yet to renew I am not expecting anything in that respect.

If I am honest I am still glad my Dad and Me didnt renew as now we can pay a tenner between us and watch together, I think a lot of people will be in similiar positions where multiple people will watch having paid one lot £10

I suppose if one family member has a low cost season ticket for whatever reason then its a good deal to have paid that and get free rams tv, but for those paying the top rates with 2,3,4 people in the family paying them it will be interesting to see what recompense is offered to season ticket holders who have paid as they could easily have shelled out 1k,2k plus per family group for something with a value of £460, and lets face it with X amount of games on sky and people not being able to watch every game anyway its probably not worth that much.

I would hope its not a 'lets call it quits' on the cost of Rams tv if you have a season ticket.

Its not easy for clubs as no one knows when or if any fans will be allowed to games this coming season, im glad im not having to make decisions.

I did wonder if those that hadnt renewed might be offered some sort of 'Rams tv' season ticket at a reduced rate, but then im happy paying casually at £10 to split the cost because i know i wont be able to watch all games anyway.

I hadn't renewed yet because the date kept getting pushed back, and I obviously would have if fans were back. At this point, I hope there's an option to freeze your season ticket for a year and get your same seats for 21/22 and also not lose all the built up early bird price from over the years. 

You're right about only one needing to it, there's about 7 or 8 season ticket holders in my family, and there's no way we'd all need to purchase it when a couple of us could and share the costs for RamsTV and watch it together.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

"Clubs cannot provide access to any away weekend match, live on Sky or not, within a season ticket package."

What a rubbish rule

Perhaps it spreads revenue around the clubs better?

Nothing to stop you signing up for an away teams service I'd have thought.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

"Clubs cannot provide access to any away weekend match, live on Sky or not, within a season ticket package."

What a rubbish rule

As has been suggested, it's to share the cash around by making away fans pay for individual games?

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

What a rubbish rule

You can just purchase the weekend away games if its not on Sky.

Think it's pretty decent that midweek away games are included withing a Season Ticket package. They could have easily not included those either. 

10 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Perhaps it spreads revenue around the clubs better?

Nothing to stop you signing up for an away teams service I'd have thought.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

As has been suggested, it's to share the cash around by making away fans pay for individual games?

Could have requested a percentage of income off the away club to go to the home club instead

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Could have requested a percentage of income off the away club to go to the home club instead

That would be easy if we all used the same platform, but I'd assume becomes a ballache with multiple suppliers. 

Commercially sensitive information as well, Clubs could soon work out how much each other are pulling in etc.

On 24/08/2020 at 20:30, DavesaRam said:

You will but at £10 a time. Still a good deal and cheaper than buying a ST so, nothing to complain about really.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

You will but at £10 a time. Still a good deal and cheaper than buying a ST so, nothing to complain about really.

That's an assumption. We haven't said what we are doing for those with ST who hadn't renewed yet.

2 hours ago, Srg said:

That's an assumption. We haven't said what we are doing for those with ST who hadn't renewed yet.

Of course an assumption, the club have said details to follow I believe. I'm just suggesting, if that is what they do, it's not an unreasonable deal for those that were unable to renew. 

In one of my posts I did say it's best if we just wait and see what they come out with.