RamsTV Streaming | How to Watch

Day

Well, this is a bit boring for my 1st post... but what can you do!! Has ayone tried casting from the Rams app? I have watched 2 games on the app and cast them to my Chromecast with no issues whatsoever (it even states that the feed cant be cast in the T&C's) perfect picture with no buffering.

Now that the Leeds game has been moved by a day, I may have a bit of an issue. 

We are taking the campervan away for a few days and wasn’t able to get an electric pitch. I don’t think the laptop battery will last long enough for both the Leeds and Birmingham games so, if I take a second fully charged laptop, am I allowed to log into Rams TV on two different devices on different days please? 

46 minutes ago, admira said:

Now that the Leeds game has been moved by a day, I may have a bit of an issue. 

We are taking the campervan away for a few days and wasn’t able to get an electric pitch. I don’t think the laptop battery will last long enough for both the Leeds and Birmingham games so, if I take a second fully charged laptop, am I allowed to log into Rams TV on two different devices on different days please? 

Yes. 

I’ve watched on my laptop, Muckerette’s ipad, and my iphone. 

It’s your account that’s registered, not the device. 

1 minute ago, Mucker1884 said:

Yes. 

I’ve watched on my laptop, Muckerette’s ipad, and my iphone. 

It’s your account that’s registered, not the device. 

Thanks. How do they police people letting their mates use their codes then? 

Sith Happens
6 minutes ago, admira said:

Thanks. How do they police people letting their mates use their codes then? 

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I’m not sure they do/can?

It seems their request not to share is based on trust, and trust alone. ?

I am assuming it doent let you watch on more than one device at one time though?

I started off on my laptop via HDMI, but can't get he sound to come through on the telly/av receiver, so have to make do with the ctrappy laptop speakers. Any suggestions? 

Regardless, I then went looking on the smart tv (I've hardly used the "smart stuff on it) and got on the DFCF site via the TV browser and it works treat - no delays, no fuzzy or jerky pictures (once it has been running for a few minutes). It seems that Rams TV runs about a minute behind Sky TV.

This works till about the 55th to the 60th minute, when the feed freezes, never to thaw again. Luckily I am armed with Radio Derby, and my son's SkyGo login!

Has anybody else been consistently frozen out?

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

I started off on my laptop via HDMI, but can't get he sound to come through on the telly/av receiver, so have to make do with the ctrappy laptop speakers. Any suggestions? 

Regardless, I then went looking on the smart tv (I've hardly used the "smart stuff on it) and got on the DFCF site via the TV browser and it works treat - no delays, no fuzzy or jerky pictures (once it has been running for a few minutes). It seems that Rams TV runs about a minute behind Sky TV.

This works till about the 55th to the 60th minute, when the feed freezes, never to thaw again. Luckily I am armed with Radio Derby, and my son's SkyGo login!

Could just be as simple as the order in which you’re plugging your laptop in and putting the channel on. That said, some streaming services purposefully make it so sound doesn’t go through the speakers - think Sky does this. 

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

You may just have to change the audio output in the sound settings on your laptops to output via HDMI. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Sith Happens
On 13/08/2020 at 12:15, YouRams said:

With it looking unlikely fans will be allowed back for the start of the season is there any news/whispers if they’ll be offering Rams tv packages for the games or even the full season?

Was just thinking this myself. Although considering that all teams if on their own platform or ifollow will have to wait for a ruling from the EFL to know if they can stream games its not much surprise that there hasnt been any news.

It would seem its clear fans, at least not all, wont be returning anytime soon....so the ability to offer packages might enable clubs to at least recover just a small percentage of lost earnings, not that the EFL will have any interest in that.

If they were able to offer a package, say £200 for the season, id pay it and im sure lots of other fans would too.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

What does this mean for Rams TV I wonder?

I think it means Rams TV will stream our home matches and will be able to charge away fans or non-season ticket holders to watch them, regardless of kick off time or whether the match is on Sky TV. They will probably make some offer to season ticket holders similar to last season. 

We'll probably have to pay the away clubs for our away matches if we want to see them. 

The article says the clubs' websites; each club will have their own way of streaming. 

Presumably if a match is selected for Sky TV, those of us who have Sky can watch it there instead if we wish. 

I think Sky have been forced into this but glad they've done the decent thing.  Without it many clubs would fold (some still may)and if that was the result of Sky they'd become a toxic brand.  I'm also glad we had Stephen Pearce on the board to help guide negotiations.  Firstly he's used to working in a savvy organisation and secondly because he's made sure those clubs without iFollow are able to use their own platforms.

I also think Mel will be beaming this morning.  I don't think any other club is as well placed to exploit the possible gains from this seismic shift.

Yes we'll suffer because our season ticket income will drop to around £4.5million, but you can see a scenario where via a virtual season ticket or pay on the day we could have 25,000 viewers watching 46 games on Rams TV.  Back of a fag packet figures but at £25/month for the virtual season ticket and £10/pay per game that might average out at £8 per viewer per game in terms of revenues generated.  That would be £9.2million generated from Rams TV.

Yes we'll lose out on some revenue streams (stadium advertising, catering) but equally the Rams TV advertising revenues could rise.