Live football thread.

Rev

42 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Not sure Wednesday have filled their allocation. Quite a few red seats I can see though could be other reasons 

Sheffield Wednesday sold their allocation and then took another 6,000 tickets that Barnsley couldn’t sell.

The red card. He went for the ball, it was 50/50. He didn’t connect with the ball or the player, and didn’t mean too I reckon, so it was an incompetent challenge. If you get sent off for incompetence, Claude Davies would never have made it out of the tunnel. But it’s all subjective, wouldn’t want to ref. 

Wednesday going up is probably marginally better for us next season - though imagine Barnsley will still be pretty strong.  At least there can be no question about who is the biggest club in League 1 next season now.....?

13 hours ago, GenBr said:

Id say zero chance. They paid a piddly little fine to the EFL and id guess that means case closed as far as those excellent administrators are concerned

It is just true then; if the gamble pays off, they get away with it. It rewards owners being reckless. I annoys me specifically with Leicester because no one ever seems to mention it. I've not heard Gary Lineker mention it once.

Really tough on Barnsley, happy for Darren Moore, but Barnsley maybe even deserved to win, plus VAR was up to its usual useless self.

From a selfish point of view, it’s better for our chances next year. In commentary they said Barnsley expected to be between 8th and 12th in line with their budget compared to the other sides, I can’t see that changing next year. In terms of budgets, we won’t know exactly how much we can spend but it’s going to be within the top 2 or 3 in the division you’d think.

Can’t blame VAR. Those saying scrap it have seemingly forgotten that the decisions will still lie with the officials - which judging by what we have seen this season in League One isn’t great.

The officials make subjective decisions all the time. It’s part of the game and leads those to claim bias.

VAR is suppose to be a tool in which there is a panel of decisions with the help of replays to come to the best decision. The fault lies with humans, not technology.

Harsh on Barnsley. Wednesday’s playoff win seems very similar to ours under Billy Davies. 

They won’t pull up any trees in the Championship. They will probably settle into being a Bristol City.