Live football thread.

Rev

‘Who can stop this Leeds machine?’ the Yorkshire Evening Post will write.

’A waiting list of 200,000 for Wembley’ the Twitterverse will post.

’Look at this. Listen to this. Leeds at Wembley. It’s enough to make even the Duke of Wellington tremble.’ Gary Weaver will say.

Final score: Leeds 0-1 *insert opposition here*

16 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I predict a riot? Weird song choice. Guess they are thug scum.

They’re from Leeds… in fact, if you want some trivia, they’re called The Kaiser Chiefs because that’s where Leeds signed Lucas Radebe from. 

7 minutes ago, cannable said:

They’re from Leeds… in fact, if you want some trivia, they’re called The Kaiser Chiefs because that’s where Leeds signed Lucas Radebe from. 

Oh yeah, knew that. Just a weird anthem. Unless you are a bunch of thugs.

As much as it pains me to see Leeds have any type of enjoyment, we could really do with losing one of Southampton or them. Norwich will be now going into their last season of parachute payments. West Brom coming out of them completely. Sheff Utd and Luton aren’t going to be throwing theirs around. Burnley, no doubt will, but if it keeps a top two: Burnley and Southampton/Leeds in terms of spending the landscape of the league should be a lot more competitive.

On 16/05/2024 at 22:11, Jourdan said:

‘Who can stop this Leeds machine?’ the Yorkshire Evening Post will write.

’A waiting list of 200,000 for Wembley’ the Twitterverse will post.

’Look at this. Listen to this. Leeds at Wembley. It’s enough to make even the Duke of Wellington tremble.’ Gary Weaver will say.

Final score: Leeds 0-1 *insert opposition here*

I still remember the league 1 play off Leeds lost to Doncaster (I think it was) - entire pre match was basically "Leeds on the way back to the big time" from sky sports....it was awesome.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Srg said:

Saw someone suggest him for us, doesn’t look Championship standard to me. 

Without seeing any player on a regular basis we can’t judge. Sometimes see a few touches of class. Kelly (4) looked very tidy I thought today 

Edited by SKRam
4 added

11 minutes ago, SKRam said:

Without seeing any player on a regular basis we can’t judge. Sometimes see a few touches of class. Kelly (4) looked very tidy I thought today 

Oh of course, I wouldn’t base a full opinion on one game. But just passing comment I don’t see it on that showing. 

Kelly has been rated in his career. Played in the championship and even got a move to Feyenoord. Not sure what lead him to league 2 at 28 though.