Live football thread.

Rev

7 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

FA cup final and no Harry Maguire for Man Utd. Stones not looking great. England will probably be relying on Walker a bit in defence...

Stones has looked fine. Virtually nothing has happened.

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Too slow and ponderous. But so are all of City.

Didn't track or spot the danger for the 2nd.

Oh, I see, you are prescient. You knew after a quarter of an hour that the second goal would happen. 

Stones wasn't at fault for the second. You're probably getting him mixed upo with a player you like.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Oh, I see, you are prescient. You knew after a quarter of an hour that the second goal would happen. 

Stones wasn't at fault for the second. You're probably getting him mixed upo with a player you like.

Now you're just being cantankerous.

He wasn't playing well from the start. Too slow and dithering in possession and unconvincing at picking up and dealing with runners.

I've liked Stones plenty in the past and he's still Englands best cb. But he isn't on it today.

30 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Not a huge fan of Utd but I would like it if they could hold on to this lead. Notwithstanding the fact Man City are massive cheats, their dominance is becoming/has become very tedious. 

I’m the same. Grew up hating United because they won everything. Never would have believed you if you told me I’d be rooting for them in a final against City.

8 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Now you're just being cantankerous.

He wasn't playing well from the start. Too slow and dithering in possession and unconvincing at picking up and dealing with runners.

I've liked Stones plenty in the past and he's still Englands best cb. But he isn't on it today.

But in the interest of balance Stones has looked better 2nd half moved across. Just did a decent interception to snuff out a dangerous pass towards Fernandez.

So fair's fair.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

But in the interest of balance Stones has looked better 2nd half moved across. Just did a decent interception to snuff out a dangerous pass towards Fernandez.

So fair's fair.

His shooting wasn't very good just now😃

Edited by AndyinLiverpool

Posted (edited)

I made the mistake of watching a rerun of the 1979 final between Arsenal and Utd - puts modern football to shame.

I remember watching it live on TV but I’d forgotten just what a great game that was - Arse 2-0 up with 4 minutes to go, Utd pulled it back to 2-2 and Arse go back up the pitch to win it….

Edited by Gaspode

8 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I made the mistake of watching a rerun of the 1979 final between Arsenal and Utd - puts modern football to shame.

I remember watching it live on TV but I’d forgotten just what a great game that was - Arse 2-0 up with 4 minutes to go, Utd pulled it back to 2-2 and Arse go back up the pitch to win it….

You should have confused the young 'uns by telling them Sunderland scored a last minute winner.  🤣

46 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’m the same. Grew up hating United because they won everything. Never would have believed you if you told me I’d be rooting for them in a final against City.

Exactly the same for me too.

Another bonus to the utd win is Chelsea get no European football next year I believe? I really really can't stand Chelsea 

49 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm the same but I grew up hating Liverpool & wanting them to lose. Then Utd, then Chelsea, now City. Maybe I'm just a jealous f*** & I should just grow up lol