Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Hopefully we can get rid of Malone And Jozefzoon . Two poor signings by Frank. 

And Evans.

Shame Frank couldn't sign the same quality for us as he loaned. Oh hang on, Cashley was better than Malone.

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And Evans.

Shame Frank couldn't sign the same quality for us as he loaned. Oh hang on, Cashley was better than Malone.

I think evans is a decent player. 

36 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

As suggested by another poster... Butland if Stoke get relegated and also I’d try and bring Tom Ince back.

Serious bother at theirs with that squad, not that I’m bothered, but makes you wonder what’s going on there. They’ll be a few sniffing around their assets should they tumble to the third tier 

39 minutes ago, Dava75 said:

As suggested by another poster... Butland if Stoke get relegated and also I’d try and bring Tom Ince back.

Why? He has been a flop at stoke.

On 08/07/2020 at 00:05, ramit said:

i notify the club here, as i did a few years ago.  If they don't read it, so be it.

Totally impossible to Ramit it down their throats until he becomes one of the world's best players, then maybe just possible. Only joking Ramit. I am sure that he will be a great player if you say so. Jim Smith was told about Maradona at age 16. It was a good tip.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Who is he better than?

I think at a centre back he is pretty good. 

better than Davies, and fozzy at centre back, 
Of those we sold....better than Pearce.
he is mobile, comfortable on the ball. He has good upper body strength.

i think he compares favourably to many of the Centre backs we have seen this season.

better than worrall, rodon, Huntington, batth, 

I don’t really see a problem tbh ?‍♂️

So...come on then @RoyMac5 instead of the usual facetious laughing emoji, Please explain what evans has done so catastrophically wrong in the four games he has played since wisdom has been missing?

3 minutes ago, RamNut said:

So...come on then @RoyMac5 instead of the usual facetious laughing emoji, Please explain what evans has done so catastrophically wrong in the four games he has played since wisdom has been missing?

Hmm he is only a cover CB for me. He is very weak in the air and doesn't think like a CB. Those identical goals by West Brom and Brentford were played in behind him far too easily.

6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He's quite often out of position as a centre half. He's not very good at coming forward (if that's important as he's in before Davies). He's okay at a bit of blocking and heading - if that's enough for you, okay. We will no doubt keep him as no-one else will come in for him, but at 25 he's a bench warmer at best.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Hmm he is only a cover CB for me. He is very weak in the air and doesn't think like a CB. Those identical goals by West Brom and Brentford were played in behind him far too easily.

Yes he’s cover but he’s decent cover.
Not sure what he’s supposed to do about a ball played in behind him. I expect if we swapped Clarke and Evans for Brentford’s first goal, he would be then be criticised for not covering.  He worked his nuts off on two occasions to get back and cover v Forest. He put the ball back across for martin’s goal. He had a good double block v Preston. He doesn’t have the pace of tomori, the physique of wisdom, and ironically - @RoyMac5 says he is ok at heading - but that is probably his weakness?

Archived