Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

There are a few free agents that are capable of doing the job we need from our striker.

Im not including Daniel Sturridge as im mot sure he is capable to play the role we need imo.

Possible options -

Fabio Borini

Oumar Niasse

Rudy Gestede

Adama Diomande

Yaya Sanogo

Diafra Sakho

Collin Quaner

Idrissa Sylla

Omar Bogle

All with experience of playing in England already and 30 or younger so may be worth a gamble for a season.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know if anyone has posted about Charlie Austin but he has apparently told WBA he wants to stay and fight for his place. Got to find something from nowhere now, atleast we have a couple of weeks.

These are the PL players I could see us moving for....

Kenan Davis - Aston Villa - been linked for a while

Connor Wickham - Crystal Palace - would prefer Benteke....wouldn’t of minded Sorloth either. Seems to be injured

Cenk Tosun - Everton - linked last year, think he may be injured

Tyler Roberts - Leeds - Linked this window, arrival of Raphina & Rodrigo may make him a target again

Andy Carroll - Newcastle - Not sure about availability or Wages but doesn’t start many games and is a target man

Shane Long - Southampton - 33 now so possibly too old, not a “big” striker

Liam Delap - Man City - sold by Derby to City for 1M, bags of quality but vastly inexperienced and not sure if target man mold

Odion Ighalo - Man U - only seems to play Cup games. Very good player, very slim chance of happening

Kenneth Zohore - WBA - Austin may want to stay but Zohore was linked with a move to Sheff Wed.

Billy Sharp - Sheff U - due to Brewsters arrival he could be allowed to leave, not sure if he’s the presence we need though

Free transfers:

Daniel Sturridge - Very slim chance but is a good player. Injury prone.

Danny Welbeck - Very slim chance again. Good player but wages and injury history would be an issue.

Not sure where to ask this but, with the exception of Jooswiak, why do our signings always seem to need so much settling in time before we see them?  Other teams seem to buy people ( as we used to) and then there's the excitement of them coming straight in. Martin at Bristol and the movers to Millwall are a case in point. I was excited re Billy signing - really thought this could great - but havent seen him since. 

56 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Not sure where to ask this but, with the exception of Jooswiak, why do our signings always seem to need so much settling in time before we see them?  Other teams seem to buy people ( as we used to) and then there's the excitement of them coming straight in. Martin at Bristol and the movers to Millwall are a case in point. I was excited re Billy signing - really thought this could great - but havent seen him since. 

These are our signings thus far this season:

Kamil Jozwiak

Jordon Ibe

Emmanuel Idem

Mike te Wierik

Nathan Byrne

Matt Clarke

David Marshall

Bobby Duncan

Isaac Hutchinson

Marko Borkovic

Olamide Ibrahim

Only Duncan and Ibe have yet to play and I think that's because neither had been playing much football in the run up to their transfer so both needed time to get match fit / sharp. I'd guess the thinking is that they risk injury if chucked in too early. Keep the faith though as I'd expect them to ready within a week or two, so not too much longer to wait ?

12 hours ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I've suggested James Collins from Luton earlier on... not sure how much the Hatters would want for him though.

If it turns out he's out of reach, Joe Pigott from Wimbledon could be a decent cheap option. Was highly rated at Charlton when he first started out, but had to drop down to non-league for regular game time. Always seems to appear fairly regularly on the vidiprinter for an average Dons team. Only 26, so just coming into his prime.

I have followed Piggotts career a bit as he used to play for Maidstone United ...he is a good league 1 or 2 player but that is it I’m afraid ....Slimani would be amazing signing 

6 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

These are our signings thus far this season:

Kamil Jozwiak

Jordon Ibe

Emmanuel Idem

Mike te Wierik

Nathan Byrne

Matt Clarke

David Marshall

Bobby Duncan

Isaac Hutchinson

Marko Borkovic

Olamide Ibrahim

Only Duncan and Ibe have yet to play and I think that's because neither had been playing much football in the run up to their transfer so both needed time to get match fit / sharp. I'd guess the thinking is that they risk injury if chucked in too early. Keep the faith though as I'd expect them to ready within a week or two, so not too much longer to wait ?

Hope so!!

8 hours ago, Edtheram said:

I don’t know if anyone has posted about Charlie Austin but he has apparently told WBA he wants to stay and fight for his place. Got to find something from nowhere now, atleast we have a couple of weeks.

Connor Wickham - Crystal Palace - would prefer Benteke....wouldn’t of minded Sorloth either. Seems to be injured

Tyler Roberts - Leeds - Linked this window, arrival of Raphina & Rodrigo may make him a target again

Andy Carroll - Newcastle - Not sure about availability or Wages but doesn’t start many games and is a target man

Liam Delap - Man City - sold by Derby to City for 1M, bags of quality but vastly inexperienced and not sure if target man mold

Odion Ighalo - Man U - only seems to play Cup games. Very good player, very slim chance of happening

Kenneth Zohore - WBA - Austin may want to stay but Zohore was linked with a move to Sheff Wed.

Billy Sharp - Sheff U - due to Brewsters arrival he could be allowed to leave, not sure if he’s the presence we need though

Free transfers:

Danny Welbeck - Very slim chance again. Good player but wages and injury history would be an issue.

Unless I'm mistaken ighalo is only at United on loan from China? ( could be wrong )

8 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Most have played and those that haven’t are simply not fit enough yet 

10 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

There are a few free agents that are capable of doing the job we need from our striker.

Im not including Daniel Sturridge as im mot sure he is capable to play the role we need imo.

Possible options -

Fabio Borini

Oumar Niasse

Rudy Gestede

Adama Diomande

Yaya Sanogo

Diafra Sakho

Collin Quaner

Idrissa Sylla

Omar Bogle

All with experience of playing in England already and 30 or younger so may be worth a gamble for a season.

I would go for Rudy G from those

10 hours ago, Edtheram said:

Free transfers:

Sensible list. Doubt Carroll, Long, Delap and Ighalo will be available. My guess is Sharp or Davis (Villa and a few others have been linked with Josh King)

3 hours ago, Jubbs said:

You mean the man that signed for Watford for £30m and was being linked with £40m move to Man Utd/Liverpool?

My sarcasm is obviously lost on you ? If you read my previous comments I was trying to make a joke of some of the previous insane suggestions. I see the latest is Ighalo and Andy Carroll to join Troy Deeney and Hudson-Odoi. The phrase with the words what and planet frequently come to mind....utterly ludicrous ???

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I've just seen a Twitter page say we have enquired about taking Tomori on loan.

Now I know this isnt possible, but if it did happen and we managed to get Tomori back, I swear I would get a picture of Tomoris face with the words "you'll never beat Tomori" tattooed onto the right side of my wife's arse.

The same Tomori that turned down West Ham on deadline day, that Tomori ?

12 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The same Tomori that turned down West Ham on deadline day, that Tomori ?

Who wouldnt turn West Ham down? Horrible club, horrible fans, Cheats, they all talk fanny, they eat Jellied eels and the kids round there wear gold chains.

I heard a rumour old Fik was a partial to a post-match donnar/shish from McTurks. Donnar shish or jellied eels? I think we know why he rejected them.

14 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Possible options -

Fabio Borini

Oumar Niasse

Rudy Gestede

Adama Diomande

Yaya Sanogo

Diafra Sakho

Collin Quaner

Idrissa Sylla

Omar Bogle

Any chance of having this list with last club and their age 

Archived