Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is conflicting information.

According to the Liga Portugal website, the transfer window closed yesterday (Oct. 6) for all clubs.

But it’s also reported as October 25th on Goal, ESPN, BBC, for example.

So maybe the date was moved forward or misreported.

So that’s one less option for Slimani. I still think he would be out of reach for us.

18 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

According to the Liga Portugal website, the transfer window closed yesterday (Oct. 6) for all clubs.

So that’s one less option for Slimani. I still think he would be out of reach for us.

Slim chance

27 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Other transfer windows out of interest:

Switzerland - 12 October

Russia - 17 October

Qatar - 25 October

USA - 29 October

43 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Why is he out of our reach ??...I think you’re wrong ....he can’t sign for anyone now other than efl so no prem clubs and think I’m certain he can’t go to sporting or sky sports wouldn’t have said it needed to be done by last night he has no squad number at fester has dropped his wage demands to 20k a week and Cocu knows him well so it’s a possibility 

Just now, S8TY said:

Why is he out of our reach ??...I think you’re wrong ....he can’t sign for anyone now other than efl so no prem clubs and think I’m certain he can’t go to sporting or sky sports wouldn’t have said it needed to be done by last night he has no squad number at fester has dropped his wage demands to 20k a week and Cocu knows him well so it’s a possibility 

You’re right. He cannot go to Sporting. The PT transfer window closed on the 6th, not on the 25th as some outlets misreported.

But it is possible that he could still sign for clubs whose transfer windows are still open, which includes us.

I doubt he’ll come here - even with the Cocu/Fenerbahce connection - but if I’m wrong, I’ll hold my hands up.

1 minute ago, Jourdan said:

You’re right. He cannot go to Sporting. The PT transfer window closed on the 6th, not on the 25th as some outlets misreported.

But it is possible that he could still sign for clubs whose transfer windows are still open, which includes us.

I doubt he’ll come here - even with the Cocu/Fenerbahce connection - but if I’m wrong, I’ll hold my hands up.

It’s a long shot yes but are the windows that are open anymore appealing ? Russia for example or stay where you live and play for us which is local ....would be an amazing signing and I think would have same impact as mitrovic had at Fulham 

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

It’s a long shot yes but are the windows that are open anymore appealing ? Russia for example or stay where you live and play for us which is local ....would be an amazing signing and I think would have same impact as mitrovic had at Fulham 

I agree that it would be a great signing for us if the terms were right.

But in the past two years, he has played in the top flight in Turkey and France, so I don’t know how invested he is in living and playing in England, especially as his Newcastle loan move didn’t really work out.

Plus if he signed for a club in Qatar or a well-backed club in Russia or the USA, he could probably earn more than £20,000 a week, whereas we are probably limited in what we can offer.

Let’s see what happens.

33 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

I don't even want to think about Slimani signing, far too good to be true he is definitely a prem level player probably better than Mitrovic. 

I only mentioned Slimani because I saw a proposed transfer had fallen through on deadline day.

There has been no hint or rumour of a connection to us... Sadly.

29 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Was it ever?

There will be someone out there for us. 

Probably, it’s a tough one in balancing getting someone in for such a specific role in the team and not just getting anybody in to fill the role because is seen as essential. I’d love a Kuqi type signing where the expectations are low and you end up being pleasant surprised. 

I play in a vets team.  Just to be clear, that’s the over 35s rather than the shoving your arm up a cows arse league.  Glad we’ve cleared that up.  Anyway, we have a lad up front called Big Phil who, you’ve guessed it, has surprisingly good feet for a big man.  He’s good in the air, holds it up and brings other into play.  Every team we play has their version of Big Phil.  Come to think of it, all the teams I played in or played against in all my school teams had a Big Phil.  Yet here we are claiming that there are at most, 10 possible candidates that could do the job for us.  How hard can it be to find a decent big centre forward.

10 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Hmm. Yaya Sanogo. Free agent. Striker. Almost joined Middlesbrough. Open to a Championship move. Fits the bill. Similar to Ibe in that he has something to prove... 

Might be one to keep an eye on...

Yaya Sanogo would actually be a decent fit for what we're looking for. He did a good job in the Championship with Charlton a few years ago, perhaps he would be worth a two year deal. I've never been enamoured by his technical ability, but at this point I'd be willing to take a gamble. 

I think it’s easy to forget that we are in the middle of a pandemic it’s been that long now ...I suspect we are doing or trying a balancing act with no income and let’s be honest we are losing more than most other championship clubs ...so selling Bogle and Lowe and getting new faces in I suspect has its limits as no one knows how long this financial meltdown is going on ...so I’m guessing it also limits our search ....so i suspect it has to be the right player at the right price and who doesn’t want massive wages so it’s never going to be easy ...we’ve done very well so far in the window in very difficult times 

1 hour ago, philmycocu said:

If we ask Frank nicely maybe he'd loan us 34-year-old wrinkly Olivier Giroud, and pay 99% of his wages, cheers Lamps (PS. you owe us)

Yes it does appear that Frank has done us zero favours since leaving ....yet really liked this club blah blah blaaaaah ....said the right things when he was here did Frank ?....it’s not just fans that are fickle in football 

Archived