Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

According to Whoscored, Blackman scored 8 in 15 when starting on the wings in the half season prior to joining us. He scored 3 in 8 when starting central.

"Proved he can score goals"? Yeah he could score goals, but not many:

Reading - 22 in 113
Sheff Utd - 14 in 33
Motherwell - 10 in 22
Aberdeen - 2 in 18
Macclesfield - 1 in 12
Oldham - 1 in 12
Blackpool - 1 in 5
Blackburn - 0 in 3

We bought him on the back of a purple patch where everything he hit from range went in. Prior to his 13 in half a season for reading he had only scored 9 in the previous 85 games for them. The only clubs he showed any form for were Motherwell in the SPL and Sheff Utd in L1.

Significant amount of penalties as well I believe 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I am not missing the point, I just disagree with it. I don’t think Derby fans are as bad as some in here paint them. Perhaps the dip in our home form could point to this. I think generally we are very patient, especially with younger players. Don’t equate someone typing a negative Comment on a forum with negativity in the stands. Yes there is generally a whipping boy, whether that be McGovern or Roos, but that is the same wherever you go I believe and younger players are always given leeway. 

Thank goodness we didn't have t'internet in Mc Governs day. Poor lad would have been crucified at times. Look how it turned out for him , sadly todays "fans" (some not all ) want instant success which is a Cloud cuckooland ideal. They have no patience and live in a throwaway society , if they see something as passé or not fit they chuck it out like the preverbial baby with the bath water I really do despair. I feel Mr Cocu is building a dynasty here, the younger teams are learning how to play the same type of football as the seniors. A gradual progression so that when they earn the right they know what to expect. Would we sooner sign a whole new team then sack the manager (it's going to happen down the A52) What happens then when the new Manager gets there ?  22+ players he doesnt like the look of ?  

14 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Thank goodness we didn't have t'internet in Mc Governs day. Poor lad would have been crucified at times. Look how it turned out for him , sadly todays "fans" (some not all ) want instant success which is a Cloud cuckooland ideal. They have no patience and live in a throwaway society , if they see something as passé or not fit they chuck it out like the preverbial baby with the bath water I really do despair. I feel Mr Cocu is building a dynasty here, the younger teams are learning how to play the same type of football as the seniors. A gradual progression so that when they earn the right they know what to expect. Would we sooner sign a whole new team then sack the manager (it's going to happen down the A52) What happens then when the new Manager gets there ?  22+ players he doesnt like the look of ?  

I'd prefer it if the first team learned to play the football of the juniors tbh.

39 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Great post...totally agree

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

According to Whoscored, Blackman scored 8 in 15 when starting on the wings in the half season prior to joining us. He scored 3 in 8 when starting central.

"Proved he can score goals"? Yeah he could score goals, but not many:

Reading - 22 in 113
Sheff Utd - 14 in 33
Motherwell - 10 in 22
Aberdeen - 2 in 18
Macclesfield - 1 in 12
Oldham - 1 in 12
Blackpool - 1 in 5
Blackburn - 0 in 3

We bought him on the back of a purple patch where everything he hit from range went in. Prior to his 13 in half a season for reading he had only scored 9 in the previous 85 games for them. The only clubs he showed any form for were Motherwell in the SPL and Sheff Utd in L1.

71 goals in his career including Spain and Israel. Most of his Reading appearances were as a sub. So not prolific but I would say ‘purple’ patch extended more than just 3 months. His stats at Motherwell, Sheffield United and in Israel have been good. Regardless, many Derby fans are too quick to put down players who have not had long spells in the first team. I think handful of matches can never reflect true picture. 
For example, Dowell. He is a talented player but didn’t deliver for us, in my opinion partly down to fans slating him after a few below par performances. But some of the comments were too harsh. 

16 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

He is a talented player but didn’t deliver for us, in my opinion partly down to fans slating him after a few below par performances.

What rot. More likely down to the way he was played.

14 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

Bizarre names to pluck out of thin air,but a Twitter poster is saying Yaya Banana a 29 year old Cameroon defender who's not played for a year,and ex Arsenal striker Yaya Sanogo are having medicals with us.

Yaya banana was mentioned in the suggestions thing recently, I assume as a joke.

I refuse to believe we have 2 players on trial both called Yaya.

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

71 goals in his career including Spain and Israel. Most of his Reading appearances were as a sub. So not prolific but I would say ‘purple’ patch extended more than just 3 months. His stats at Motherwell, Sheffield United and in Israel have been good. Regardless, many Derby fans are too quick to put down players who have not had long spells in the first team. I think handful of matches can never reflect true picture. 
For example, Dowell. He is a talented player but didn’t deliver for us, in my opinion partly down to fans slating him after a few below par performances. But some of the comments were too harsh. 

Many Derby fans will put down players when they've had long spell in the team too!

I'm not sure Blackman was the greatest of signings and Dowell looked like he was way out of his comfort zone. He needed to get away. Seems to be injured a lot too recently so he's having a bad time of it..

1 minute ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Tomori has turned down a loan move to West Ham, stating he's got unfinished business in the Championship to attend to.

The funny thing about that, on SSN, was that they said everything had been agreed between West Ham and the player's agent and that there was a HUGE agent's fee involved.

But Tomori turned it down.

Agents, eh?

Archived