Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So let's think about it. The general consensus is we need a striker.

He has got to be a big, strong and agile target man but mobile and fast with it.

He needs to be fairly young, with a good goal scoring record at a decent level.

He needs to be on not 'too much money' and someone we can buy either 'very cheaply' or pay next to nothing to loan. 

Sounds like a bit a difficult shopping list to fill over the next few days for Mr Cocu and the recruitment boys with the clock ticking

6 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Who then? Isn’t this the transfer suggestion thread?

Of course.  Just think Austin is a gamble that’s all.  

We need a CF but if Waggy and Lawrence get fit along with Marriott and Hector I’m not worried about it 

1 minute ago, Carl Sagan said:

If this report via Sporting in Portugal is true, that's just over 20k a week for Slimani:

At that money, I'd hope we investigate a bit. Previous history with the manager, proven track record and reasonable wages for someone of his calibre

43 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

wiltshires literally not fit to lace knights boots

Not sure if you're joking or not. I'm a big fan of Knight and at his current rate of progress he's going to be a key player for us but he will never be as influential as a fully-fit Jack Wiltshire. But that's been the problem throughout his career - he can never rid himself of injury.

Definitely been mentioned but Harry Wilson would be an epic signing for us. Liverpool wanted a permanent deal they won’t get that now and I’m sure Wilson will push for a loan as he’s not someone likely to accept playing under 23s. I think he’ll end up on loan in the championship. If we can get a striker in and there’s budget for another signing he’d definitely slot in the squad as he can play winger or cm.

The sad part is we probably won’t and someone else will have him. 

1 minute ago, Arsene Titman said:

Reading through the various posts, I’m not sure everyone is aware that the Austin deal may be off due to Robson-Kanu breaking his arm. Also, is there no one in our division or leagues 1 & 2 that might fit the bill?

I've suggested James Collins from Luton earlier on... not sure how much the Hatters would want for him though.

If it turns out he's out of reach, Joe Pigott from Wimbledon could be a decent cheap option. Was highly rated at Charlton when he first started out, but had to drop down to non-league for regular game time. Always seems to appear fairly regularly on the vidiprinter for an average Dons team. Only 26, so just coming into his prime.

32 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not sure if you're joking or not. I'm a big fan of Knight and at his current rate of progress he's going to be a key player for us but he will never be as influential as a fully-fit Jack Wiltshire. But that's been the problem throughout his career - he can never rid himself of injury.

was abit tongue-in-cheek. i to like knight. lots. but i agree a fully fit wiltshire was very influential. just a shame we didnt see it much of it due to a horrendous injury record.

1 hour ago, DCFC27 said:

Definitely been mentioned but Harry Wilson would be an epic signing for us. Liverpool wanted a permanent deal they won’t get that now and I’m sure Wilson will push for a loan as he’s not someone likely to accept playing under 23s. I think he’ll end up on loan in the championship. If we can get a striker in and there’s budget for another signing he’d definitely slot in the squad as he can play winger or cm.

The sad part is we probably won’t and someone else will have him. 

He won't go to the Championship. Burnley tried to sign him. Some Premier League team will take him. He's done the championship twice, he has nothing to prove here.

He can't move to another Prem team until January now though.

Domestic window is Prem players to EFL and EFL players to any team in England. Loan or transfer.

The only way he would be able to move to another prem team is to terminate his contract, which he won't do (and might be too late).

Wilshere and Welbeck have terminated contracts to make themselves more appealing and available to Prem teams.

Archived