Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

13 hours ago, Truckle said:

I play in a vets team.  Just to be clear, that’s the over 35s rather than the shoving your arm up a cows arse league.  Glad we’ve cleared that up.  Anyway, we have a lad up front called Big Phil who, you’ve guessed it, has surprisingly good feet for a big man.  He’s good in the air, holds it up and brings other into play.  Every team we play has their version of Big Phil.  Come to think of it, all the teams I played in or played against in all my school teams had a Big Phil.  Yet here we are claiming that there are at most, 10 possible candidates that could do the job for us.  How hard can it be to find a decent big centre forward.

Bring them down one by one. Bang some crosses in. Send our CHs to jump for a cross. If our guys fall over then sign him. Simples

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Doubt he's on big wages, the last contract he was got at Liverpool was before joining us.

I was thinking that Watford would offer big wages because they will have the funds, if we come in for him he will probably choose us but I doubt we will make an offer because of money + we are going to focus on other positions when we already have Ibe, Jozwiak and Lawrence. 

On 01/08/2020 at 13:54, Will Hughes Hair said:

Wonder if we might take a look at Lawrence Shankland at Dundee United over the next couple of weeks.  Prolific in the Scottish Championship (29 in 35 games), so should be interesting to see how he steps up as the SPL restarts.  He scored in all three cup games that Dundee played against SPL opposition so you'd think he could make it.

Anyway, 6'1" tall, pacy and prolific.  With Scottish football under severe financial pressure there could be a Vardyesque bargain to be had for someone?

Never heard of him before last night but would seem to fit the bill well. Apparently Burnley wanted him on loan last week, which is a bit odd to me, but after watching a highlights reel I can see him adding something we don't have at present.

Bearing in mind theirs opened before ours I'm guessing this domestic transfer window extension doesn't include Scotland?

13 hours ago, Coconut said:

Wilson will go to whichever Championship club pays the biggest loan fee. That won't be us.

I don't really see where he would fit in with us if everybody is fit. I'm not saying he isn't a better player than some we have, but given that we have a lot of competition for his roles I doubt we would kerplunk a big loan fee on him when it would crowd the squad, and we are in need of a few other things first.

That said, he's been here, he's tasted a bit of success with us (compared to relegation at Bournemouth who have now lost players, at least) so if we were interested I think we could nab him.

5 hours ago, Rample said:

Never heard of him before last night but would seem to fit the bill well. Apparently Burnley wanted him on loan last week, which is a bit odd to me, but after watching a highlights reel I can see him adding something we don't have at present.

Bearing in mind theirs opened before ours I'm guessing this domestic transfer window extension doesn't include Scotland?

I don't think it does. The extension was an agreement between the PL and EFL.

6 hours ago, Rample said:

Signed for another Championship side didn’t he ?

I confess I've been sucked in and keep checking for more news on transfers, but the current apparent hiatus heartens me. We only heard about the likes of Jozwiak and Dursun from overseas leaks. I'm hoping we'll announce one or two moves out of the blue with no one (and therefore no other clubs) getting a sniff before it's too late.

Most of what we will want to do is likely Premier League loans and the loaning club will want to get the most money they can from these deals, in terms of both the share of wages and the loan fee to be paid. That makes me think it will likely go down to the wire and deals late in the day.

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I confess I've been sucked in and keep checking for more news on transfers, but the current apparent hiatus heartens me. We only heard about the likes of Jozwiak and Dursun from overseas leaks. I'm hoping we'll announce one or two moves out of the blue with no one (and therefore no other clubs) getting a sniff before it's too late.

Most of what we will want to do is likely Premier League loans and the loaning club will want to get the most money they can from these deals, in terms of both the share of wages and the loan fee to be paid. That makes me think it will likely go down to the wire and deals late in the day.

I think most fans hope you're correct on that - we definitely need another striker adding to the squad, possibly one with power, pace and good technical ability though that's a combination of skills which wouldn't come cheap.

6 hours ago, Andicis said:

Goal are suggesting Arsenal will loan out William Saliba to the Championship after he was left out their Europa League squad, they bought him for £27m in 2019 so must be a talented CB. Could be worth going for? 

Well premiership clubs are in for a shock in terms of what championship can and will pay for their cast offs meanwhile the premiership clubs only wanted this extra window to bully championship clubs into selling starlets for peanuts 

This suggestion won't float the boat of any FIFA warrior but what about Harvey Saunders from Fleetwood?

The same club that Vardy came from.  Has scored six goals this week. 5'11" and scored two tonight against Hull.  One driving into the box with the ball from deep, the other attacking a cross into the six yard box.

7 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

This suggestion won't float the boat of any FIFA warrior but what about Harvey Saunders from Fleetwood?

The same club that Vardy came from.  Has scored six goals this week. 5'11" and scored two tonight against Hull.  One driving into the box with the ball from deep, the other attacking a cross into the six yard box.

That's probably put a couple of noughts on the end of the fee! 

Too small though? 

We need another Rasiak. 

8 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

In

Rahman - Loan

Clarke-Salter - Loan to Permanent

Wilson - Loan

Slimani / Davis - Loan

Or

Niasse / Sanogo / Gestede - Free

Out

Buchanan - Loan

Jozefzoon - Loan to Permanent

Whittaker - Loan

JHI - Loan

Not asking for much Derby, come on ?

I know this is unrealistic, but would be good. Not sure I would loan out Whitaker at the minute. Something about his cameo against Norwich suggested he’s going to make good progress this season. He carried the ball with purpose and presence

10 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

It's a yes from me, but only on the condition that we can change his name to Harvinho, otherwise no.

Archived