Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

The funny thing about that, on SSN, was that they said everything had been agreed between West Ham and the player's agent and that there was a HUGE agent's fee involved.

But Tomori turned it down.

Agents, eh?

I don't blame his agent for trying to make his clients dream come true.

Admittedly I only heard the latter bit in my head.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I don't blame his agent for trying to make his clients dream come true.

Admittedly I only heard the latter bit in my head.

Everyone's dream to play for West Ham, or the "Happy Hammers" as Jimmy Greaves called them in his drinking days.

6 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

The funny thing about that, on SSN, was that they said everything had been agreed between West Ham and the player's agent and that there was a HUGE agent's fee involved.

But Tomori turned it down.

Agents, eh?

That was subsequently corrected - the huge fee was to be paid to Chelsea

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Genuine suggestion, if he cannot get into the Spurs team, and I think Prem to Prem loans deadline has missed.

Danny Rose - would equal promotion.

It would be nice.

We're local enough that he could see his family, but I'd guess he'll see out his contract until January then find a move. 

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

My nomination for striker we should look to sign, someone who should be very well known to Derby after giving our U23s fits not a week ago: Ellis Simms. 

A quick, strong, athletic striker that looks to be behind some very big names at Everton. He strikes me as a player that would fit in the middle of that front three well, along with Jozwiak and Ibe and give us a front three that has an insane amount of pace. 

I'd much rather see us try and get him in for a season over the likes of Austin, Dursun. 

Remembered reading some rave comments about Ellis Simms after the U23 game with us. Here's the piece, plus video of all the goals if you look down the thread:

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/everton-fc-news/everton-fans-laud-ellis-simms-goals-for-u23s-v-Derby-county/

I agree this is the sort of player we should be looking at. And aren't we meant to have great contacts with Everton, hence we were the lucky recipients of Kieran Dowell last season?!

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

These 1000s of players we are supposed to have watched couldn’t have been very good then. 

I always knew that little nugget from Rosenior would come back to bite him on the back side.

Although I would imagine he had a band in the Marshall and Byrne signings which were clearly very good signings.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I always knew that little nugget from Rosenior would come back to bite him on the back side.

Although I would imagine he had a band in the Marshall and Byrne signings which were clearly very good signings.

I think that was pure opportunistic regarding the chaos at Wigan - to our benefit  

Whoever we are after we need to not leave it to the very last minute.

We know the market we are in now, we missed out on Dursun due to not wanting to pay their asking price, let's not miss out on any more.

Let's go get left back, a midfielder and a forward on loan, give them to Cocu and shape the team ready for Watford!

Rehman and Van Ginkel from Chelsea and Austin (if he is our target), from West Brom would do nicely.

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Whoever we are after we need to not leave it to the very last minute.

We know the market we are in now, we missed out on Dursun due to not wanting to pay their asking price, let's not miss out on any more.

2 things here:

We are only half of the deal. We cannot force clubs to agree any quicker. It's in their best interests to wait most of the time.

Secondly, I'm sure you'd be one of the many that would slaughter the club if we paid a decent whack for someone, like Dursun, and they turned out to be pap. Can't just spaff money over the odds which we don't have or would get us in FFP trouble. Can't win with fans - either we've massively missed out, or we've wasted our money.

There may never be a better time for Derby to try and sign Harry Wilson, although the same could be said for his last club Bournemouth.

Liverpool fans dont rate him, no one has been willing to pay big money for him and he wont play this season.

A season long loan with a view to a permanent at the end of the season would be nice...give him a 5 year contract to stretch his fee for FFP.

He would be another one whose value would only rise if he has the same sort of season he did the last time with us.

Can only dream I suppose.

Archived