Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

On 02/10/2020 at 16:29, Anag Ram said:

Mo Besic might be available from Everton. 

He'd stop players running through our midfield. 

Everton described as desperate to offload him after Rangers move fell through. 

Not a priority area perhaps but an excellent character for the championship. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Topram said:

I’d actually if he’d lowe his wage have a punt on Gestede, he’s the type we are after and if we could get Ibe Jozwaik firing on the wings he’d be perfect in the box 

Gestede is a “Jonah”. He’ll sink your ship. No thanks. 

51 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Any chance of having this list with last club and their age 

Fabio Borini - 29 - Hellas Verona (AC Milan before)

Oumar Niasse - 30 - Everton (Cardiff on loan before)

Rudy Gestede - 31 (32 on 10th oct) - Middlesborough

Adama Diomande - 30 - Los Angeles FC (Hull City before)

Yaya Sanogo - 27 - Toulouse

Diafra Sakho - 30 - Xamax (Rennes before)

Collin Quaner - 29 - Huddersfield

Idrissa Sylla - 29 - Zulte Waregem

Omar Bogle - 28 - Cardiff (ADO Den Haag on loan before)

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

My sarcasm is obviously lost on you ? If you read my previous comments I was trying to make a joke of some of the previous insane suggestions. I see the latest is Ighalo and Andy Carroll to join Troy Deeney and Hudson-Odoi. The phrase with the words what and planet frequently come to mind....utterly ludicrous ???

I mean Deeney isn’t to bad of a shout 

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The same Tomori that turned down West Ham on deadline day, that Tomori ?

Could have got wind that Derby are interested..?

In all seriousness, the only way he’s considering championship is if he’d been told by West Ham he’s coming in as cover or didn’t think he’d play every week in which case he probably thought he might as well do that at Chelsea or drop down a league to play every week. With the problems they have surely he’d fancy himself to start at Chelsea with the exception on T Silva he’s just as good as the rest of there CBs. 

Slimani is a great shout ....will take 20k a week and has potential to have the same affect Mitrovic had on Fulham playing below his level ...I remember seeing Slimani play before he went to fester ...proper handy striker who scored lots ...if we got him it would be an amazing coup ...and Cocu knows him as well I beleive ....

Slimani is way too good for us and this level.

He is just coming off a good season at Monaco - where he scored at a rate of 1 in 2.

It’s far more likely he’ll go somewhere else in Europe.

Sporting is a good bet, as the Portuguese window is still open until the 25th and Sporting are not in European competition after being knocked out by LASK. 

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Slimani is way too good for us and this level.

He is just coming off a good season at Monaco - where he scored at a rate of 1 in 2.

It’s far more likely he’ll go somewhere else in Europe.

Sporting is a good bet, as the Portuguese window is still open until the 25th and Sporting are not in European competition after being knocked out by LASK. 

Are prem clubs still able to send players abroad? I thought once the window closed Prem clubs were only able to trade with EFL clubs full stop, I may be wrong.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Are prem clubs still able to send players abroad? I thought once the window closed Prem clubs were only able to trade with EFL clubs full stop, I may be wrong.

You're right, Prem clubs can only deal with the EFL after the 5th October. They can't deal with foreign clubs now until January 

4 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

You're right, Prem clubs can only deal with the EFL after the 5th October. They can't deal with foreign clubs now until January 

No PL to PL deals means someone like Slimani either has to sit on the Leicester bench (If he's lucky) or drop down to the EFL, so shouldn't be ruled out as a possibility.

23 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think for outgoing transfers, PL players can go to any league which still has an active window.

For example, in Russia, the window doesn’t close until the 17th and in Portugal, it’s the 25th.

Although for the purposes of registering players for UEFA competitions, the clubs competing in Europe finished their business yesterday. Porto and Benfica, for example.

I must admit this year is more complicated and confusing than usual though.

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think for outgoing transfers, PL players can go to any league which still has an active window.

For example, in Russia, the window doesn’t close until the 17th and in Portugal, it’s the 25th.

Although for the purposes of registering players for UEFA competitions, the clubs competing in Europe finished their business yesterday. Porto and Benfica, for example.

I must admit this year is more complicated and confusing than usual though.

I've had a look at a few different sources (including the official Premier League site), and they're all saying that after the 5th October it's a domestic-only window, with the EFL. Prem clubs can't agree transfers between each other or with foreign clubs until January now, regardless of other countries' transfer windows

3 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

I've had a look at a few different sources (including the official Premier League site), and they're all saying that after the 5th October it's a domestic-only window, with the EFL. Prem clubs can't agree transfers between each other or with foreign clubs until January now, regardless of other countries' transfer windows

But Felipe Anderson joined Porto from West Ham after the UK deadline.

Malang Sarr also joined Porto on loan, but from Chelsea.

Grujic from Liverpool too.

So that doesn’t make sense, unless they completed the paperwork on the 5th...

6 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

But Felipe Anderson joined Porto from West Ham after the UK deadline.

Malang Sarr also joined Porto on loan, but from Chelsea.

Grujic from Liverpool too.

So that doesn’t make sense, unless they completed the paperwork on the 5th...

From the Premier League site:

"The window will open for 10 weeks at the end of the current Premier League season, starting on 27 July and ending on 5 October.  

Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 17:00 BST on 16 October."

You may be right, maybe they got the paperwork done in time on the 5th in the cases you mention? ?

5 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

"The window will open for 10 weeks at the end of the current Premier League season, starting on 27 July and ending on 5 October.  

Following consultation with the EFL, a domestic-only window will be added from 5 October, closing 17:00 BST on 16 October."

You may be right, maybe they got the paperwork done in time on the 5th in the cases you mention? ?

Sarr was announced at 17:00 yesterday and Anderson and Grujic at 22:00 and later.

Van Ginkel also went from Chelsea to PSV yesterday too.

So I am pretty sure that PL outgoings are possible to clubs who have active windows.

Think of when players moved to China outside of our traditional window, for example.

9 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Transfer windows relate to the buying club. I assume Portugal's transfer window was still open when those transfers went through

24 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Sarr was announced at 17:00 yesterday and Anderson and Grujic at 22:00 and later.

Van Ginkel also went from Chelsea to PSV yesterday too.

So I am pretty sure that PL outgoings are possible to clubs who have active windows.

Think of when players moved to China outside of our traditional window, for example.

I didnt realise Van Ginkel went back to PSV, gutted, I thought that was going to be a Philip Cocu wildcard.

Archived