What is best away grounds been to past and present

B4ev6is

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Anyway.

The best away ground to visit is the City Ground.

When we win though the 10 men game was a fine example.

Tell me an away game better?

crap when we lose mind.

Wanchope at OT was close. 

Great idea for a thread B4. 

I'm going back a few years, but for me the Hawthorns was a proper football ground, terracing at both ends and seats along both sides. 

I think the worst was Swansea's old ground, the Vetch. 

I can remember a day in Coventry all the pubs shut down once we had consumed a large amount of alcohol. I couldn’t get a ticket in the Derby end and ended up behind a post in the main stand. It didn’t matter I couldn’t even tell you the score. I think it was 0-0.

I only went out for a packet of fags in the morning too.

In England, Craven Cottage on a cold and foggy day late 2018, think it ended up 2-2. Over here, the MCG and AAMI Stadium. Easy walk from Melbourne CBD and the pubs in Richmond are great. Was supposed to be leaving today for the ANZAC day football  as I normally do but I'll just have to wait till next year now.

Best ground: odd one but going to say Portman Road, the fans are funny, no hassle in pubs after.

Memorable ground: Old Trafford can’t believe how many times I’ve seen us get a result considering their status, we have to be close to being a bogey team for them.

Best ground for away night out: St James Park, crap view in fantastic stadium but nightlife great. Fulham away always a fun night too.

Worst ground got to be Liverpool and Luton, car got damaged by scroats at both, trucking bankers.

Archived