What is best away grounds been to past and present

B4ev6is

Well guys since we cant go to games I going up the wall. I am wandering best away grounds visted in the past or present.

Well me personal I really liked going to blackpool and the pub near the ground were you can have good chanting place called manchester in.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I always enjoy Wigan. Been a couple of times, the pies they do are amazing. Does help that every time I've been we won. I liked Accrington Stanley away, that was an experience. Yeovil was pretty good too. 

Place of my birth.

I enjoyed the car park attendant telling us "we could be looking at up to 4,000 today" when I asked him whether he was hoping for a decent crowd....

Brentford, griffin park. The pubs around the ground are great and it’s terracing, doesn’t get better than that. Shame it’s going away ?

For all round match experience, my favourite is still Griffin Park. Don’t see many proper old fashioned grounds like that around in the league anymore, and it’s about the only time I’ve ever “officially” stood at a football game. Nothing beats a London away day before the match either - drinks in Covent Garden etc etc.

Old Trafford was a good experience as well. Not so much for the atmosphere, but the history around the place, and the sheer size of it. A bit like when you step out in the upper tier at Wembley, being so high up is bizzare. Staying in hotel football next door was good as well - surprisingly good hotel really geared around football, with a decent breakfast to boot!

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

London away days are fantastic, wallet permitting.

Luckily quite a lot of my family lives in London, and they tend to be willing to get a round or two in whenever we go down for the football and visit. Seeing the prices though, god knows how some students live down there.

54 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I always enjoy Wigan. Been a couple of times, the pies they do are amazing. Does help that every time I've been we won. I liked Accrington Stanley away, that was an experience. Yeovil was pretty good too. 

Yeovil was a great away day. Parked 50 metres from the ground for free. At 5pm when the scores come out we were already going 60 mph. Great pubs, friendly people and what a first goal.  

12 minutes ago, sage said:

Yeovil was a great away day. Parked 50 metres from the ground for free. At 5pm when the scores come out we were already going 60 mph. Great pubs, friendly people and what a first goal.  

Yeovil is one of the 8 out of the 92 that i've not been to 

Others are Orient, Colchester, Crawley, Stevenage, Cheltenham, Morecambe & Fleetwood

Both Gillingham (FA Cup 1997) & Newport (New Years Day Div 3 1986) got abandoned during the match - but they still count don't they ?!?!

42 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think still standing in away area

No not been there.

We went to Peterborough earlier this season. Went in one of home stands and there was a walk-in bar where you could sit and have a drink. Very surreal! 

Barnsley and not just because it's my wife's home town. Because of the number they let us take and the masses of Rams fans milling around that grassy car park. As others have said, London grounds because of Covent Garden are good. Elland Road is poo if you're unlucky with your seat as some are facing the home fans instead of the pitch. Peterborough was very uncomfortable. I'm average height but my knees were digging into the seat in front when we were sitting. 

Archived