What is best away grounds been to past and present

B4ev6is

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well guys since we cant go to games I going up the wall. I am wandering best away grounds visted in the past or present.

Well me personal I really liked going to blackpool and the pub near the ground were you can have good chanting place called manchester in.

Good thread to start by the way B4. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Yeovil is one of the 8 out of the 92 that i've not been to 

Others are Orient, Colchester, Crawley, Stevenage, Cheltenham, Morecambe & Fleetwood

Both Gillingham (FA Cup 1997) & Newport (New Years Day Div 3 1986) got abandoned during the match - but they still count don't they ?!?!

Thats brought the memories back . Newport away new years day and it was peeing it down. Mark Wallington walking up and down the goal line pretending to hold an umbrella like in Singing in the Rain . 

28 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Springfield park wigans old ground, coach actually parked in the ground stood on a grass bank behind the goal played poo lost 2-0 it was like the municipal bowl allenton. 

DSSI2aGW0AAL9KS.jpg.78db3772df413668dc57e84cbdfd1f4d.jpg

Had a cracking day out there once. On the lash all day, loads of rain which resulted in us getting a mud slide going at the back of the terrace and the burger and pie place was built into the side of the stand where a big panel was loose and was blowing in the wind above us! They probably made a few bob extra that day because everybody was watching the panel and not checking their change.

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Live in Peterborough for 4 years in the 1980s. Was ALL standing apart from the grandstand down one side then.......

Did you never come across the PTS? ?

Maybe, forgot half the 90’s our kid.

3 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

Springfield park wigans old ground, coach actually parked in the ground stood on a grass bank behind the goal played poo lost 2-0 it was like the municipal bowl allenton. 

If I remember correctly, those of us travelling by train (the football special) were then taken by bus to the ground. I think it was there anyway.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

If I remember correctly, those of us travelling by train (the football special) were then taken by bus to the ground. I think it was there anyway.

Yeah I went on the football special and the bus took us into the ground through some gates and into the area near the top right floodlight 

3 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

I've played on that ground. Got the shepherds hook at half-time and we lost so not good memories. 

Archived