How will Coronavirus affect football?

Carl Sagan

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

This virus does seem to have a real habit of targeting clubs who’d rather the season was called off. Mind, having been to Hull, there’s probably all manner of unknown viruses that spread round that poohole, so I guess we shouldn’t be surprised.

It's even worse the other side of the river.

17 hours ago, Andicis said:

Now, call me a cynic, but I was thoroughly expecting Hull to have some cases, after all they're the only club who doesn't want play to continue.

Especially the ones safe and just above relegation zone. The ones in the relegation zone will most likely have none or be cured in time for league to complete. Now that's what i call cynical.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52705124

The League One and League Two seasons have both been ended early after a formal vote by clubs on Tuesday.

Both tables will be settled on points per game, while promotion, relegation and the play-offs all remain.

Coventry and Rotherham go up from League One, while Wycombe replace Peterborough in the play-off places.

The 3rd season of Sunderland 'til I Die is going to be another corker!!!

5 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52705124

The League One and League Two seasons have both been ended early after a formal vote by clubs on Tuesday.

Both tables will be settled on points per game, while promotion, relegation and the play-offs all remain.

Coventry and Rotherham go up from League One, while Wycombe replace Peterborough in the play-off places.

The 3rd season of Sunderland 'til I Die is going to be another corker!!!

EFL look like they've messed this up. 

Makes all the difference because macc are facing more points deductions. 

Sith Happens
11 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Coventry and Birmingham in the same division, should be fun with the groundshare

The Milan teams manage it ok ?

Sith Happens
10 hours ago, alexxxxx said:

EFL look like they've messed this up. 

Makes all the difference because macc are facing more points deductions. 

Looks like they have sat down, spent weeks deciding what to do and decided in the end because they lack competence to just do a drag and drop formula in excel.

Its not fair how they have done it, wouldnt be that difficult to add the points back on, do the math then deduct them again. Utter morons.

Archived