Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, angieram said:

Read this update from our local hospital. This is why sticking to the rules is so important,  even if you think the virus won't affect you directly. 

Every sensible decision we make now helps prevent deaths.

I think some posters on here are going to go very quiet soon

I see Peston has got the exclusive

These are the measures to be announced by the PM at 5, as I understand it. They will last 2 December. And they are, In effect, a new “Tier 4” that will be imposed for a month initially to the whole of England. 1) All pubs and restaurants to close, though takeaways... 

and deliveries will be permitted. 2) All non-essential retail to close, though supermarkets won't have to follow the Welsh example of fencing off non-essential goods. 3) There will be no mixing of people inside homes, except for childcare and other forms of support... 

3) Manufacturing and construction will be encouraged to keep going. 4) Outbound international travel will be banned, except for work. 5) Travel within the UK will be discouraged, except for work. 6) Overnight stays away from home will be allowed only for work purposes... 

7) Courts, schools, and universities will remain open. ? Outdoor exercise and recreation will be encouraged. 9) Private prayer will continue in places of worship, but not services.
It all starts at one second past midnight on Thursday. The... 

regulations will be published in Tuesday, and MPs will vote on them on Wednesday. One source told me to consider the regulations as a Tier 4 for the whole of England. After 2 December, the exit strategy is that different parts of the country will then have... 

their local economies and behaviour governed by the existing Tiers, namely Tiers 1 to 3, depending on how serious the virus is in these respective places

4 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

On a more serious note, ducking kill me if we're doing lockdown again. 

Its a waste of time if Schools and Universities stay open, which they will. If they wanted to do this it should have been during half term.

This is also a ducking stunning failure of their local lockdown system, a system that could have worked but they were always too slow to implement.

What? do you mean exactly what the scientists asked for?

Do you mean the thing Kier Starmer asked for and was a called an 'opportunist' asking for an 'absurdity'?

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

I think some posters on here are going to go very quiet soon

Not a chance. They will still maintain that the science is wrong and the man in the pub - sorry, man who used to be in the pub - is right.

Obviously it's going to happen.  Think all 3 need to explain why they didn't do the 2 week lockdown before when others did or were demanding it.

At a time when people are being very critical of the response they aren't exactly helping themselves. 

If its the best thing then so be it, but hard to understand why we didn't need to lockdown for 2 weeks a couple of weeks ago and now we need to lockdown for 4.

Can't see the government wanting to do another u-turn. 

So expect them to announce more regional lockdowns. Starting with the English region, to be quickly followed by the Scottish, Irish and Welsh regions.

Also due to the fact most of the MPs are already doing bugger all. Johnson may as well announce Parliament will start their Christmas recess immediately.

Archived