Coronavirus

1of4

53 minutes ago, Archied said:

I would very much like them to do a graph using the data they have easily at hand, of all these people who have testested positive ( they have names and addresses ) what percentage have gone on to die or even be hospitalised let alone have no symptoms whatsoever ,,,, unless people wake up and smell the coffee we are ducked , we shut down the whole world and destroy people’s lives and livelihoods,our children’s futures for a virus that 99% of people who contract it survive very nicely thank you?

How about a graph yesterday that showed hospital bed capacity against normal years?

Why not show something that the public can understand and get behind.

Instead its the same old projections that so many people now are just ignoring (based on previous projections and scare stories). I'm not even saying they are not right, just that people dont trust them anymore.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I am so fed up of this first lockdown hard enough and now 2nd lockdown just seem total freaking nightmare that cant wake up from.

I know, hopefully if folk do as asked we can be out of it soon and at least be able to see and spend time with our families at christmas.

Currently had 3 holidays this year cancelled because of the virus, due to go away beginning of December in england, if we come out of lockdown as planned we will be ok, but who knows.

That said, there are people worse off, mine and my wifes jobs while threatened earlier on in the pandemic are currently looking ok, i know its hard for you as you havent been able to work that much.

Going to miss my football viewing with my dad this month though.

1 minute ago, Sith Happens said:

I know, hopefully if folk do as asked we can be out of it soon and at least be able to see and spend time with our families at christmas.

Currently had 3 holidays this year cancelled because of the virus, due to go away beginning of December in england, if we come out of lockdown as planned we will be ok, but who knows.

That said, there are people worse off, mine and my wifes jobs while threatened earlier on in the pandemic are currently looking ok, i know its hard for you as you havent been able to work that much.

Going to miss my football viewing with my dad this month though.

Thing is mate populations will going out and about seeing there friends and family. And I have no clue what going to happen to my job now. And there saying it wont be a month going to be longer i just borries scooge johnson is happy with himself.

12 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Thing is mate populations will going out and about seeing there friends and family. And I have no clue what going to happen to my job now. And there saying it wont be a month going to be longer i just borries scooge johnson is happy with himself.

Lets just hope it doesnt. They arent saying it will be longer, just that it could be, which i dont think they could say any different. Sadly if people do continue to mix when they shouldnt then it will be longer.

I hope your job is ok.

27 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

Lets just hope it doesnt. They arent saying it will be longer, just that it could be, which i dont think they could say any different. Sadly if people do continue to mix when they shouldnt then it will be longer.

I hope your job is ok.

So do I

But we just not been getting numbers on seats. But losing James bond was meger blow as it might seen us through.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

So do I

But we just not been getting numbers on seats. But losing James bond was meger blow as it might seen us through.

yep, short sighted I think on their part. I know they want to maximise profits but they won't make money if cinemas close and they find themselves with streaming being their only distribution channels. 

4 minutes ago, Sith Happens said:

yep, short sighted I think on their part. I know they want to maximise profits but they won't make money if cinemas close and they find themselves with streaming being their only distribution channels. 

They never think about people who work in them we live for it to be busy.

So lockdown not even started and Gove already stating it could be extended.

Doesn't exactly inspire you with confidence that the Government are expecting the measures to work.

Why don't the Government now set out the criteria to be met for the lockdown measures to be eased from 2nd December?

I'm guessing its because they dont actually know themselves and are continuing to wing it.

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So lockdown not even started and Gove already stating it could be extended.

Doesn't exactly inspire you with confidence that the Government are expecting the measures to work.

Why don't the Government now set out the criteria to be met for the lockdown measures to be eased from 2nd December?

I'm guessing its because they dont actually know themselves and are continuing to wing it.

He really is sending out the wrong message here. It should be emphasised that the power to end the lockdown lies with the general population - not by protesting against it but by complying with the rules of mask-wearing, social distancing and self-isolation - and thus reducing the transmission.

4 hours ago, jimmyp said:

The uncertainty margin is only normally displayed for future planning. 

The graph has been in use for a reasonable amount of time already so we aren’t on day 1.  

We have the data for the previous days so the uncertainty margin is removed. 

Sorry Jimmy, I can't agree. Looking at hospital admissions, on the 26th October, it has the final data point, circa 1000. A very steady increase over previous days. Then the shed margin of error on the 27th October suddenly has this at 2500 hospital admissions. There is absolutely no justification on how that number is going to increase by 150% from one day to the next given that the cases in the previous weeks never exploded like that.

To me its another complete fabrication of data to scare the poo out of people who believe it.

Please tell me how a steady increase with actual data points could jump up to 2500 from 1000 overnight?

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Thing is mate populations will going out and about seeing there friends and family.

...the first snap poll revealed strong public backing for the dramatic steps taken, with 72 per cent of people in England supporting another lockdown.

YouGov found that 73 per cent believed it will be easy to follow new rules for four weeks – with 30 per cent saying the government should have gone further and only 20 per cent that the restrictions were too harsh.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/boris-johnson-and-michael-gove-clash-over-length-of-second-lockdown-amid-tory-backlash-over-chaotic-u-turn/ar-BB1aAWPN?ocid=msedgntp

12 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

...the first snap poll revealed strong public backing for the dramatic steps taken, with 72 per cent of people in England supporting another lockdown.

YouGov found that 73 per cent believed it will be easy to follow new rules for four weeks – with 30 per cent saying the government should have gone further and only 20 per cent that the restrictions were too harsh.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coronavirus/boris-johnson-and-michael-gove-clash-over-length-of-second-lockdown-amid-tory-backlash-over-chaotic-u-turn/ar-BB1aAWPN?ocid=msedgntp

What I am saying they will break the rules so they can do what they like

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

Surely the hospital admissions and deaths with a positive test are definite numbers? 

With the definition of having a positive test they are, but if the underlying trend of cases being admitted have some being missed at the moment, then there exists the possibility that if those were picked up, then those figures would jump suddenly. 

Archived