Coronavirus

1of4

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why? Because a hospital has got sick people in it? Hardly groundbreaking news is it?

161 patients with Covid, 12 in ICU.

Over 250 in there during the 'first wave'.

Give it another fortnight.

42 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why? Because a hospital has got sick people in it? Hardly groundbreaking news is it?

161 patients with Covid, 12 in ICU.

Over 250 in there during the 'first wave'.

Because by December, forecast is that critical care beds will be flooded. 

Right then lockdown again so I'll continue to go to work with the couple of thousand people at my workplace from all areas of the country, my kids will carry on playing local football against clubs from Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire and go to their respective schools in the week then they tell me all about their day whilst unknowingly killing me and then spend my life savings on fifa points. 

4 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

Because by December, forecast is that critical care beds will be flooded. 

They are every December.

How many more patients are hospitals taking in than at this time in a normal year?

With flu seeming eradicated this year I'm guessing there is a bit of a trade off?

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

They are every December.

How many more patients are hospitals taking in than at this time in a normal year?

With flu seeming eradicated this year I'm guessing there is a bit of a trade off?

It wouldn’t just be that we ran out of critical care beds, we would run out of space in the nightingale hospitals and that’s with all non urgent care services cancelled. 

The nhs would start turning people away no matter what illness they have.

Flu season son by year is variable, it is still to early to say that we won’t have a flu season this year.

4 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

It wouldn’t just be that we ran out of critical care beds, we would run out of space in the nightingale hospitals and that’s with all non urgent care services cancelled. 

The nhs would start turning people away no matter what illness they have.

Flu season son by year is variable, it is still to early to say that we won’t have a flu season this year.

The same ones that were not even used during the first wave?

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Weren't they built in the first place based upon projections that were wildly wrong?

I think they were built on the basis of very simplistic modelling of the pandemic, that and panic due to the situation on the continent.

We now have far more intelligence as to the actual infection rate and it’s location within the nation. 

2 hours ago, jimmyp said:

Looks like he’s giving boris and himself pleasure at the same time to me!!

he wants to be careful,  you know how fertile boris is.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

They are every December.

Hang on. A few days ago you wanted evidence that the NHS is stretched in winter. Now they are flooded every December. 

Make your mind up. 

Archived