Coronavirus

1of4

38 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

See Germany have advised against travel to 3 regions of Spain where infections numbers have gone high, as opposed to the UK who have advised against travel to all of Spain, including the islands.

People will have had their holidays cancelled/ruined because if they go to a Spanish island with almost no infections, they will have to miss 2 weeks of work on their return to the UK.

Makes sense.

Also makes people less likely to believe/trust any other covid advice that is put out by the Govt. I reckon.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Its difficult to get your head around, we went for a walk Sunday, planned to call in the local shop to pick up a loaf, realised had forgot masks.

We obviously decided not to bother going in and managed without the loaf.

I think you are right though lots won't bother either way, just dont see many staff getting involved for fear of being abused.

Incredibly hard to police, unfortunately what this crisis has demonstrated is that (some) people will only do the right things if they are forced to, if there is a way of not doing them sod everyone else they will just do what they want anyway.

Just spent 3 weeks in France, at the start people were advised to wear a mask, barely 50% bothered at the supermarket. Last week people were told to wear a mask else it is 135 Euros, hey presto everybody wore a mask. Job done.

I flew out to Barcelona airport 3 weeks ago, before flying out Ryanair sent a very comprehensive form to fill in for spanish authorities. I had a temperature check on arrival and everyone had to handover the form. Return was from France to East Mids also with Ryanair and as I was queuing for passport control two ladies standing behind me who were on the same flight had a British form this time. I quickly checked my mail and never received it I went through the e-gates and fully expected to have to fill in a form and to hand it in at some point, nothing, no form no temperature checks. The ladies were still holding their forms looking confused. Very odd.

15 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Maybe they are exempt?

We are all (public and shop staff etc) being advised not to question them, or accuse them of “not even bothering”  for fear of upsetting them!

Personally, I think many will take advantage of this, and subsequently “give a bad name” to those who are genuinely exempt for medical or mental reasons. 

Its a selfish world out there!

Like me my mum went goverment exempt forms and print them for me. And put it in with paper work take shops with me.

Spent a nice day at Dudley Zoo & Castle today with the grandkids (if you put aside the yam yam accents of virtually everyone else there that is), one or two indoor attractions were shut but most stuff was on ok. The vast majority of people were polite and sensible over distancing, no one wore masks apart from the gift shop where entry was refused if you hadn't got one. Hardly any one went in, if they just restrict numbers and remind folk of the two metre stuff it would have been fine.

Plenty of hand washing areas, sanitisers every 50 yards or so, all good.

Take the mask wearing bullshite out of the equation and most people will be sound with extra hand washing/sanitizing and not sneezing and coughing in each others faces.

5 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Take the mask wearing bullshite out of the equation and most people will be sound with extra hand washing/sanitizing and not sneezing and coughing in each others faces.

... Until someone does inadvertently cough or sneeze, of course!  It doesn't literally have to be in each others faces to be a problem, even if that's just "unjustified" panic and terror of someone 3, 4, or 5 metres away!

Probably best to put up with the mask wearing bull-poo, and hope others do the same?   Indoors, that is.  

6 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

It'll be the bare minimum for me mate - my families shopping spend will plummet.

Can't fault yer.  Can't see us mooching around shops "window shopping" for a good while yet, that's for sure!

I do our main supermarket shop (alone) approx every 3 weeks now, as opposed to both of us going weekly, and I'll stick to that.  I'm currently under orders to keep to the list though... which means I've lost a good stone or so since March end, due to the lack of goodies in the house!   Ha ha!  

As for the masks, I'll be playing it by ear, to be fair.

I don't particularly struggle to wear a mask, so I've no excuses.  More than happy to wear them in all and every shop (which I will), but with regards to any other indoor area/enclosed spaces, I intend to have it with me just in case, and weigh up the situation there and then.  If it's the rules, then so be it.

But if there's a dozen others inside, with no masks on, I'll weigh up whether to bother putting mine on or not, or more likely whether to just not bother going in at all! 
I guess it all depends on the available space/social distancing, and how desperate I am (or not!) to actually go in there!

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Can't fault yer.  Can't see us mooching around shops "window shopping" for a good while yet, that's for sure!

I do our main supermarket shop (alone) approx every 3 weeks now, as opposed to both of us going weekly, and I'll stick to that.  I'm currently under orders to keep to the list though... which means I've lost a good stone or so since March end, due to the lack of goodies in the house!   Ha ha!  

As for the masks, I'll be playing it by ear, to be fair.

I don't particularly struggle to wear a mask, so I've no excuses.  More than happy to wear them in all and every shop (which I will), but with regards to any other indoor area/enclosed spaces, I intend to have it with me just in case, and weigh up the situation there and then.  If it's the rules, then so be it.

But if there's a dozen others inside, with no masks on, I'll weigh up whether to bother putting mine on or not, or more likely whether to just not bother going in at all! 
I guess it all depends on the available space/social distancing, and how desperate I am (or not!) to actually go in there!

Totally agree with you. Take responsibility for your own health by your own actions.

Personally having a good excuse not to go shopping is heaven to me. If I never have to go into Intu again that's fine. Never understood the female (mainly) penchant for shopping, and the need to visit every shop that sells a similar item before getting the one she saw first.

My motto: Get in, Get It, Get out (thinking about it, that applies to a lot of things!)

In the office today for the first time since March.

The train I caught had six carriages and only one other person got on it. I was sat in a seat close to the door and out of every empty seat on the train the other person that got on it sat in the seat right in front of me.

How thick can someone possibly be? An entire six carriage train and they sit in the closest possible seat to me. Absolute imbecile.

16 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I flew out to Barcelona airport 3 weeks ago, before flying out Ryanair sent a very comprehensive form to fill in for spanish authorities. I had a temperature check on arrival and everyone had to handover the form. Return was from France to East Mids also with Ryanair and as I was queuing for passport control two ladies standing behind me who were on the same flight had a British form this time. I quickly checked my mail and never received it I went through the e-gates and fully expected to have to fill in a form and to hand it in at some point, nothing, no form no temperature checks. The ladies were still holding their forms looking confused. Very odd.

I went through EMA on 15/7 and the uK had just commenced the online completion of a track and trace process.  Ryanair had  sent me an update to warn me about this and I sailed through.  Loads of people behind me hadn't seen it and ended up 'penned' in separate areas whilst they went through specific checks.  Ryanair rightly get bad press but on this occasion they were good.  Not sure when you went through but the controls sound very different to those I experienced

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

I went through EMA on 15/7 and the uK had just commenced the online completion of a track and trace process.  Ryanair had  sent me an update to warn me about this and I sailed through.  Loads of people behind me hadn't seen it and ended up 'penned' in separate areas whilst they went through specific checks.  Ryanair rightly get bad press but on this occasion they were good.  Not sure when you went through but the controls sound very different to those I experienced

Very much so! Went through yesterday.

27 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The train I caught had six carriages and only one other person got on it. I was sat in a seat close to the door and out of every empty seat on the train the other person that got on it sat in the seat right in front of me.

How thick can someone possibly be? An entire six carriage train and they sit in the closest possible seat to me. Absolute imbecile.

Sound to me as if you'd pulled....

3 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Ryanair are by no means angels, but a lot of the people who moan about them don't seem to realise they have flown to somewhere in Eastern Europe for the same price as a poor 3 course meal for one in Pizza Express.

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Safety in numbers eh

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Sorry about that. You were just the first person I had seen in the flesh since March. I won't make the same mistake again.

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Going to check out Tesco this afternoon.

Everyone else, please stay home for an hour or so.

I did.

We spent £39.

I bought 4 bottles of Tripel Karmeleit for £20, the Memsahib squandered the other £19 on food and other rubbish.

Archived