Coronavirus

1of4

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Government gets slammed for taking one week extra to put country on lockdown.

Government puts at-risk areas under additional control measures very quickly - gets slammed.

Can't win can they?

Different people slamming them in each instance, I guess.

I applaud them for clamping down again where necessary - likewise I slammed them for being the in-denial dithering dimwits they seemed to be earlier in the crisis. On the other hand, those who feel differently to me will take the polar opposite stance.

You can spot the exact time where the government changed their policy - the day that Boris went into intensive care.

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/nottingham-news/birds-bakery-manager-sacked-taking-4378325

Anyone have any sympathy for this woman?

Took elderly customers cash, gets them to put it directly into her purse without touching it, then paid Birds on her own card.

As the customers had already touched the produce, it couldn't be sold again anyway, so I think she's been harshly treated after 44 years with the company.

Morally I should boycott Birds now, but  when it’s Caramel doughnuts vs Morals there is only one winner I’m afraid!  

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Government gets slammed for taking one week extra to put country on lockdown.

Government puts at-risk areas under additional control measures very quickly - gets slammed.

Can't win can they?

It is damned if they do.....

I post on a health related forum where people who have the same sort of condition as me post, quite a few are complaining about shielding advice being lifted and the comment 'Why are we suddenly ok on the 1st but not on the 31st?' has been made several times.

But imagine had nothing been said and suddenly they advised today oh by the way no need to shield from tomorrow, people would be going mad complaining about lack of notice.

Ultimately thats what being in government is about I guess, you put yourself in the firing line and are going to get complaints no matter what you do, some of which is unwarranted some of which is very warranted.

Its been a very difficult time and people are scared, or are losing jobs, or loved ones and the government is an easy target to lash out at, they dont help themselves of course at times which does make it easier I guess.

We were close to virus free a few weeks ago, now it's 100 cases with 11 new cases just yesterday and social restrictions have been reintroduced.  A whole lot of tourists have arrived, because they had heard that we were Covid free, so this is no surprise.  Already talking about schools having to alter plans for the coming school year.  Our son is starting a new school, it might be an odd start.

3 hours ago, mozza said:

These new rules are welcome, as far as i'm concerned.. 

DSC_0883.JPG

Yet another baffling Government decision.

You can't eat out in your own home, but they'll give you a voucher to do it in public from Monday.

4 hours ago, mozza said:

These new rules are welcome, as far as i'm concerned.. 

DSC_0883.JPG

Having a gobble whilst remaining 2m apart was always going to be impossible. 

Sith Happens
56 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Having a gobble whilst remaining 2m apart was always going to be impossible. 

not for me ?

12 minutes ago, SchtivePesley said:

Has anyone had a Covid test and received the results by SMS/Email?

I had my test at 12:30 yesterday and it's meant to come within 48 hours, but not clear if that is a 24/7 service. If not then I might as well stop checking my phone!

If it's bad news apparently they don't get back to you.

Check your windows, if there's a black unmarked van outside probably best not to to make any plans.

1 hour ago, SchtivePesley said:

I had my test at 12:30 yesterday and it's meant to come within 48 hours, but not clear if that is a 24/7 service. If not then I might as well stop checking my phone!

If a bloke turns up outside your house with a tumbril, a pot of red paint and a crucifix shaped stencil  then I suggest its a positive test result ?

48 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If a bloke turns up outside your house with a tumbril, a pot of red paint and a crucifix shaped stencil  then I suggest its a positive test result ?

Covidsmeller Pursuivant?

11 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

The government probably were well aware that Eid was imminent and knee jerked this response at the last minute.

Smacks again of lack of planning and foresight.

Given the places that were affected and the evidence we have seen locally, the action was very well timed. Social distancing has been 'an issue' for quite some time up here.

11 hours ago, WharfedaleRam said:

Given the places that were affected and the evidence we have seen locally, the action was very well timed. Social distancing has been 'an issue' for quite some time up here.

Was the announcement well timed? Some of the hotspots seem to have been around for a few days and yet they don’t announce the “soft” (it’s no where near a full lockdown that we saw previously but will still affect many) and yet they don’t announce the measures until a few hours before Eid (as I understand it).

Me and Mrs B have been shielding and in full lockdown since Mid March. We had a letter 'suggesting' that we 'might want to consider' coming out of lockdown.

I am 70 in a fortnight and suddenly go into a higher risk category.

I do not feel any more, or less, at risk but have no intention of running amok and risking Covid 19.

I'm staying put thanks very much and have just bought more facemasks and even a couple of faceshields.

Others may be prepared to risk it but not me baby! Uh oh, no way José!

19 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Had it done in France. The lady said it is very unpleasant and she was right. I was expecting swab on tonsils and up the nostrils instead it is up both nostrils very deep with some sorts of bendy mini brush which felt like she was checking for piles as well. Brought  tears to my eyes. Negative result was produced in under 12 hours.

38 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Had it done in France. The lady said it is very unpleasant and she was right. I was expecting swab on tonsils and up the nostrils instead it is up both nostrils very deep with some sorts of bendy mini brush which felt like she was checking for piles as well. Brought  tears to my eyes. Negative result was produced in under 12 hours.

never heard they went up the end, sure you went to the right place

Archived