Coronavirus

1of4

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

Test results supposed to be sent within 48 hours. After 48 hours I'd heard nothing so I rang the helpline. They said they can only escalate a test result after 72 hours

72 hours now passed now so rang again. They said the test was definitely registered, but don't know why results haven't arrived.

They've now sent an escalation but the lab team won't see it till tomorrow (Monday). Then I have to wait ANOTHER 48 hours for them to find it and process the text/email.  

If I've not heard after that, then it means they have lost the results.

But they won't contact me to tell me that.

No news in 48 hours means I won't be getting a result

And I won't be eligible for another test as it will be 5 days past the first test

What an absolute joke

World beating

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Coconut said:

Had to move seats 3 times on the bus because people kept sitting on the seat directly Infront of me (one woman did it twice). I was trying to ensure that there was an empty row of seats between people. Gave up after the 3rd attempt when yet another person chose the seat Infront of me instead if the 4 or 5 others available.

Might be misunderstanding you here but why would anyone sitting with their back to you pose any risk?

With more local lockdowns being implemented. Will Johnson's Wack-a-mole policy of dealing with a local increase in the amount of new coronavirus cases, actually work in stopping a second wave nationally. 

Will it be a case of local lockdowns happening around the country, even being repeated in some areas, until an effective vaccine is developed.

34 minutes ago, 1of4 said:

With more local lockdowns being implemented. Will Johnson's Wack-a-mole policy of dealing with a local increase in the amount of new coronavirus cases, actually work in stopping a second wave nationally. 

Will it be a case of local lockdowns happening around the country, even being repeated in some areas, until an effective vaccine is developed.

That's the plan isn't it?. It's no secret.

Surely if we can control it that way, it has to be better than another national shut down & god knows what economic damage that has come with it.

8 hours ago, Paul71 said:

It seems it is though, I dont think it is but it seems to be for some. Perhaps people choose not to understand.

It's been said a few times, but it really is down to density - and by crikey, some people seem to be terminally dense.

4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

Probably.

4 hours ago, 1of4 said:

It's been reported today that the government are considering locking up the 'extremely vulnerable' again.

Wear a mask, you bar stewards.

52 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It's been reported today that the government are considering locking up the 'extremely vulnerable' again.

Wear a mask, you bar stewards.

It's also been reported that pubs will be shutdown when the schools are reopened. Which must be a good thing, as it means kids will be more clear headed when they turn up for lessons.

2 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

FINALLY - test came back negative. No need to pray for me just yet  ?

I presume you heard Matt Hancock say earlier today that 75% of tests are back in 24 hours and the other 25% within 48? Surely you must be telling us porkies! ?

Sith Happens
14 minutes ago, angieram said:

I presume you heard Matt Hancock say earlier today that 75% of tests are back in 24 hours and the other 25% within 48? Surely you must be telling us porkies! ?

Boris saw who it was for and made sure it got delayed ?

11 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Maybe because they didn’t panic and continue not to panic ??‍♂️ maybe.......

Sweden's economy less hard-hit by coronavirus https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53664354

Whereas what you say is true, they have also encouraged working from home, mask-wearing, social distancing, contact-tracing etc.

Sensible implementation of all the above might have helped here. However, that requires leadership and common sense (commodities which are in short supply in the UK).

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Whereas what you say is true, they have also encouraged working from home, mask-wearing, social distancing, contact-tracing etc.

Sensible implementation of all the above might have helped here. However, that requires leadership and common sense (commodities which are in short supply in the UK).

They have pretty much done it while keeping business open and the economy alive. Very sensible approach in my opinion, wish we had followed them 

Aberdeen pubs and cafes to close for a week initially at 5pm tonight due to 54 cases over the last couple of days. 

Track and trace have followed the footsteps of various carriers at the weekend and got people that were in the pubs they visited to get tested. 

Around 10 pubs had already closed yesterday as the numbers began to escalate. 

Its not rocket science really, Aberdeen v Rangers on the tv at 1230pm, all the pubs packed, then people carry on for an all dayer.  1 person carrying the virus is going to potentially visit 10 pubs in the day. 

A lot of the city centre pubs dont have outside space, so add in poor ventilation, booze and a blaze attitude and its no wonder its spread so quick.   

@Inverurie Ram better get ready for an invasion of toonsers at the weekend. Any decent publican will hike their prices up........

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Maybe because they didn’t panic and continue not to panic ??‍♂️ maybe.......

Sweden's economy less hard-hit by coronavirus https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53664354

Also they seem like sensible people following the correct advised guidelines unlike the uk who see getting hammered amongst the masses  as a national pastime and has street "cred". That's without mentioning the flocking to beaches.

While shopping today noticed that nearly everyone of teen/early 20s age range didn't bother with a mask in shops/on the bus etc. Most Also noticed that one of aforementioned youthful mask avoiders was stockpiling cleaning products, medicines, pain killers, bog roll etc...!

Archived